Against guys with a reach of 75" or more, Izzy's UFC record is only 5-3.

codfather

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Strickland - lost UD 5
Poatan II - won KO 2
Poatan I - lost TKO 5
Cannonier - won UD 5
Jan - lost UD 5
Anderson - won UD 3
Brunson - won TKO 1
Wilkinson - won TKO 2

...a 75" reach is pretty normal for a UFC MW, by the way, it isn't anything exceptional.

Last edited:
tumblr_o183eg7Okh1tjydheo3_500.gif

Strickland - lost UD 5
Poatan II - won KO 2
Poatan I - lost TKO 5
Cannonier - won UD 5
Jan - lost UD 5
Anderson - won UD 3
Brunson - won TKO 1
Wilkinson - won TKO 2
And? There once was this fighter named Stefan Struve. Whats his excuse?

Strickland - lost UD 5
Poatan II - won KO 2
Poatan I - lost TKO 5
Cannonier - won UD 5
Jan - lost UD 5
Anderson - won UD 3
Brunson - won TKO 1
Wilkinson - won TKO 2

Can you touch your nose with your fist.......

3934yu85yu4.gif

Strickland - lost UD 5
Poatan II - won KO 2
Poatan I - lost TKO 5
Cannonier - won UD 5
Jan - lost UD 5
Anderson - won UD 3
Brunson - won TKO 1
Wilkinson - won TKO 2

...a 75" reach is pretty normal for a UFC MW, by the way, it isn't anything exceptional.
im 5'10 with 75' reach. put me in coach

When you take away someone's main advantage, he is less likely to win.

Mmmh...interresting

Strickland - lost UD 5
Poatan II - won KO 2
Poatan I - lost TKO 5
Cannonier - won UD 5
Jan - lost UD 5
Anderson - won UD 3
Brunson - won TKO 1
Wilkinson - won TKO 2

And 2 titleshots later, we're still waiting for a guy who grapples to face Alex Pereira.

Izzy deserves credit, he was never so incredulously protected.

makes sense, Izzy is very reliant on counters, fighting someone who is longer with that gameplan is harder to pull off, but reach ain't everything, Kelvin has no reach and he cracked Izzy good a couple of times

That feels like when television broadcasters need to come up with something to try and make it more interesting.

"This team has never lost while playing in white uniforms, at their home field, on a tuesday night, when it was raining during november! Could today be the one??? Stay tuned!"

I actually agree that having good reach is a key factor in beating izzy, but I'd present the data in a different way by showing the fact that all the guys that beat izzy had more reach than the vast majority of izzy's past opponents. Having the height to go with it is another important component.

Izzy's own coach has mentioned that guys who can match izzy's length are difficult for izzy.

Izzy's issue is that he's better offensively than he is defensively, but still primarily fights defensively as he doesn't want to lose (badly) more than he wants to win.

It's why he's been generally much more aggressive when he's not the champion than when he is. He has less to lose so isn't afraid to throw like he can. Meanwhile as champ he goes to these shit decisions.

People got caught up in his activity level and seem to have missed just how average he was as a champion. He was pretty on par with his division, not a step above them.

makes sense, Izzy is very reliant on counters, fighting someone who is longer with that gameplan is harder to pull off, but reach ain't everything, Kelvin has no reach and he cracked Izzy good a couple of times

It isn’t everything but a lot of tall fighters like jones and Izzy rely on distance.

Back