Television Age of Samurai: Battle for Japan on Netflix

I've seen the first 2 episodes. It's pretty good, but just touches the high points. It's a lot like the old history channel shows when they actually had shows about history

I've seen the first 2 episodes. It's pretty good, but just touches the high points. It's a lot like the old history channel shows when they actually had shows about history
in fairness to them, they had already covered the totality of History, so the next logical step was Bigfoot.

I found this really terrible. Even though they had good experts they edited the shit out of them to just grab soundbites that just played up the fantasy. A lot of it was just trying to dramatize the whole thing but it plays so surface level that there's literally no context at all. Just a point A to point B to point C of badly choreographed skirmishes.

I found this really terrible. Even though they had good experts they edited the shit out of them to just grab soundbites that just played up the fantasy. A lot of it was just trying to dramatize the whole thing but it plays so surface level that there's literally no context at all. Just a point A to point B to point C of badly choreographed skirmishes.
I get the impression that you are somewhat familiar with the relevant historical details. As someone who knows next to nothing about that history, I'm finding it educational. So far, it inspired me to put a book on the history of the Samurai, and another on the history of Japan, on my Audible watchlist.

Not sure I want to see Black women portraying Samurais.
LOL my exact thought. Coming from Netflix you gotta expect that bs. Strong woman teaching fighting and how to be a man to guys, black crying about oppression and being the best fighter without ever being trained by a woman...
I’ve given up on their content.

Cheers for the heads up, I didn't realise this was on Netflix until I saw this thread.

Saw this too... will jump on this as soon as I Finish New Girl.
tumblr_mbtyqyItj01r0yo5wo1_500.gif

Cici would get it. A prime piece if British-Canadian ass. That SNL arab chick who is Winny The Bish's partner would too.

As far as funny guys go:-
Fat Schmitt
Schmitt
Winny The Bish
Young Nick
Coach
Jess
Cici
Ole Man Nick

I watched this, it's very close to the version of history I know from the Samurai Warriors video games.

I am enjoying the show so far. Solid.

The only gripe I have is that they focused a lot on Nobunaga's rage and make him look like a crazy savage bloodthirsty loonatic. They're kinda glossing over his accomplishments as a statesman.

It’s entertaining. The historical accuracy of it is probably questionable at best. That Nobunaga was gangster as shit tho.

I'm just done with the first 2 so far. Well pieced together and I don't mind the dark filming aspect. It lends itself well to the aura they are trying to sell. Historically they've done a great job so far

Side note. The professor from Marquette (Michael Wert) that they utilize as a historian has a few books on the subject that are pretty well written and should be a good primer for anyone interested

https://www.amazon.com/dp/0190932945/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_K7TMWVK1C4YYAQ6TZ10X

I'm just done with the first 2 so far. Well pieced together and I don't mind the dark filming aspect. It lends itself well to the aura they are trying to sell. Historically they've done a great job so far

Side note. The professor from Marquette (Michael Wert) that they utilize as a historian has a few books on the subject that are pretty well written and should be a good primer for anyone interested

https://www.amazon.com/dp/0190932945/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_K7TMWVK1C4YYAQ6TZ10X
Thanks. I'm going to get it.

Watched the first episode, turned it off before the end. Pretty terrible I have to say. Shame, the period is ripe for a quality series.

Is that the weeb with bellybutton rings in his ears?

Been watching this. Definitely interesting as hell if you like World History.

Rise of Oda and most from the Sengoku period.
I'm more of a buff on The Warring States period in China (Thanks Romance III) but this stuff is really cool too. Give it a shot! Let us know what you think!

Can’t wait till they get to the episode about Tom Cruise. He changed Asia forever.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back