Crime Ahmaud Arbery shooting V2

The shooter is guilty of

• First-degree ("cold-blooded" killings)

Votes: 66 23.2%
  • Second- degree (reckless disregard for human life)

Votes: 120 42.3%
  • Manslaughter (the unlawful killing of another person without direct intention or attempt.)

Votes: 56 19.7%
  • Not guilty- self defense

Votes: 42 14.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The first shot is crucial in the timeline. first shot occurred before he made any physical contact with the driver.
His reasoning for making physical contact with driver is bc someone just shot at him. I guarantee you he thought whoever shot at him was the driver standing out of the car with a gun.
So in my opinion at that point "jogger" is legally able to defend his life.
Where it gets tricky is....doesn't the driver also have that same right. (Driver did not fire first shot)

I am not sure where you got your information from, but the first shot fired came from the son(who was the driver), and it hit Arbery in the hand. And the second and third shots also came from the son's shotgun.

Last edited:
Haven't been following this closely. After Trayvon Martin and Mike Brown, I've learned that you don't get anything resembling the truth about these stories for weeks if not months.

But it seems to come down to the same old thing.

White people actively look out for their neighbours and communities in America and African Americans don't seem to understand that concept.

There's a few reasons white neighborhoods tend to be nicer than black neighborhoods. One of them is that white people refuse to just 'mins their business' when crimes are being committed near their homes.

So it wasn't even a construction site like has been implied, it was a house that was having some renovations done to it. But let me guess, if you are walking down a residential street (or out on a 20 odd mile jog in Arbery's case) and you see a house that is having a garage or extension built onto it, then it's perfectly to normal to go in and take a look around? Are people seriously still going to persist with this absurd bullshit? From the original reporting in the msm to now, the only part that has been accurate is that Arbery ended up getting shot and killed. Everyhing else has been total bullshit.

Watch the video of him in the house. It's clearly under construction. The walls aren't even built yet.

Yikes. What's scary to me is that when I was a teenager/young twenty, my running route went past a community under construction and I would frequently stop and walk around in the buildings under construction. I wasn't intending to steal anything, I was just curious about the progress on the house, how they were constructed, etc. Apparently in Georgia, according to this guy, that was a felony? Scary.

Haven't really been following this case but I do find some of the ways you Yanks treat guns to be just bonkers... Confronting someone with a shotgun like that is just weird.

Trespassing? Yeah. Don't do that.

Watch the video of him in the house. It's clearly under construction. The walls aren't even built yet.

I think that he means that it is not in an open skeletal state like this.

construction-new-wooden-house-skeleton-600w-793034719.jpg

It clearly has outside walls in the videos. The house in question is in the upper right hand corner.

4901369.vpx

Last edited:
Yikes. What's scary to me is that when I was a teenager/young twenty, my running route went past a community under construction and I would frequently stop and walk around in the buildings under construction. I wasn't intending to steal anything, I was just curious about the progress on the house, how they were constructed, etc. Apparently in Georgia, according to this guy, that was a felony? Scary.

Haven't really been following this case but I do find some of the ways you Yanks treat guns to be just bonkers... Confronting someone with a shotgun like that is just weird.

What is scary is you compare a "community under construction" to a house that's exterior is fully built. Moreover, all the other houses are fully constructed.

as more of these videos come out and more people see them, opinions are going to change .. no one knew there was video of him actually trespassing into a house and then running off wow .. the media are diabolical .. they like conflict and want conflict .. makes for good tv .. 'unarmed straight A student training for the olympics 5000m gets gunned down by 3 racist serial killers' wasn't exactly accurate .. the more I think about it, given the video of the incident where it shows him attacking one of the men, I think they might get off

It's very possible, and that looks to be why the media is trying so hard to keep that race angle on the whole episode, despite there being no evidence. Posters on this board are doing the same thing. They WANT this to be a racism thing. If you keep that going, you have your justification to riot and break through the windows at a Starbucks or something. Then the media can cover that as well. I mean, if this country is so goddamn racist then why is there a constant need to manufacture or spin stories to include a racial element?

I've seen people all over social media actually arguing that it is not unusual for someone to walk around inside of a house under construction and look around.

Ok, I'll buy that.

I won't. While people may walk around a construction site to check it out, that doesn't mean you aren't trespassing on private property. I'm not surprised people do that, but they also shouldn't be surprised that if the homeowner or job site General Contractor sees you in there uninvited, they will want to know who you are and why the fuck you're in there.

The son was holding the gun, Amaud ran over and grabbed the gun then started punching the hell out of him. He had no choice but to pull the trigger. Those punches were excellent too.

Georgia's Stand Your Ground
There is no duty to retreat and you may stand your ground in Georgia.

What is Stand Your Ground?
Stand Your Ground Laws are often expansions of the Castle Laws. They address the use of force outside of one's home, place of work, or vehicle. They cover most of the same issues as the castle laws (the places where this law applies, the requirements for use of deadly force, if there is a duty to retreat, the amount of force that maybe used in defending one's self or others) the main difference is the location. Some states that do not have a technical Stand Your Ground Law have extensive Castle Laws that address locations outside of the home, place of work, et

https://www.gunlaws101.com/state/law/georgia/stand-your-ground

I'll keep posting this because people keep on missing this train of thought.

Once the accused grabbed their guns, loaded up in their vehicle, formed a posse, chased the victim down as he evaded them, blocked off the road with weapons drawn and confronted him, they handed all SYG protections under the law to the deceased.

You can't form a posse, chase someone down, confront them with guns, and claim self-defence when they stand their ground, give you a two-piece and a soda, in a stand your ground state.

It doesn't work that way.

Last edited:
Admittedly, I’m not an expert on Georgia law. If it’s not a felony, there may be a case against the McMichaels. I will grant you that.

The whole thing is on camera. Justice should prevail.

Whatever the case, the “he has just jogging” narrative is fabricated bullshit.

My thoughts too. I'm no expert on the law of Georgia either and my personal opinion is that these two men aren't entirely blameless as their actions escalated a relatively benign situation into a deadly one. But the extent of which (if at all) they broke the law? I don't really know. But what is happening now is people are arguing the precise details of Georgia law because they won't admit that the 'he was just out jogging minding his own business' narrative that they swallowed hook, line and sinker is quite clearly not true.

What is scary is you compare a "community under construction" to a house that's exterior is fully built. Moreover, all the other houses are fully constructed.

That's "scary" to you? You don't even ask "So, how constructed were these houses" and just jump to implicating that there is something nefarious, something terrifying, in me comparing walking into unfinished houses to walking into unfinished houses? Getting a feel for the level of rhetorical bullshit present in this thread early. Think I may pass on this one and let you people fling shit at each other until one side "wins." I have serious doubts that anyone here gives a shit about the actual events beyond how they confirm your partisan coding anyway.

construction-new-wooden-house-skeleton-600w-793034719.jpg

It clearly has outside walls in the videos. The house in question is in the upper right hand corner.

4901369.vpx

It's an OPEN construction site hence the OPEN garage and OPEN back door. it isn't a hard concept to grasp.

That's "scary" to you? You don't even ask "So, how constructed were these houses" and just jump to implicating that there is something nefarious, something terrifying, in me comparing walking into unfinished houses to walking into unfinished houses? Getting a feel for the level of rhetorical bullshit present in this thread early. Think I may pass on this one and let you people fling shit at each other until one side "wins."

So you would enter houses like this on your runs?

4901369.vpx

I think they will get charged and convicted of manslaughter, but you are lying if you say you went into similar houses in a similar community (where the commodity itself is not under construction).

Moreover, he is clearly not jogging. So go on, keep being dishonest. lol

My thoughts too. I'm no expert on the law of Georgia either and my personal opinion is that these two men aren't entirely blameless as their actions escalated a relatively benign situation into a deadly one. But the extent of which (if at all) they broke the law? I don't really know. But what is happening now is people are arguing the precise details of Georgia law because they won't admit that the 'he was just out jogging minding his own business' narrative that they swallowed hook, line and sinker is quite clearly not true.

Quote somebody still running with the he was just jogging scenario. Please quote them. As far as I can tell EVERYONE is arguing that you can't grab your shotguns and hop in a truck with multiple vehicles to block someone on a public road because you think they might have committed a misdemeanor. Hopefully they have a swift investigation and verdict to put it to rest.

I think they will get charged and convicted of manslaughter, but you are lying if you say you went into similar houses in a similar community (where the commodity itself is not under construction).

Are talking to me about going into houses? I think that you have me confused with someone else.

You guys are crazy trying to state that these guys had a right to chase him down for "criminal activity." At best he may have had trespassed on a construction site, so you're going to grab your Mossberg and attempt to detain him for a misdemeanor that you suspect he committed? Good luck justifying deadly force (threatening/brandishing) for a citizens arrest on a misdemeanor, even in Georgia. The dude may have gotten a ticket, or the charges dropped since nothing was stolen and the house was under construction for God's sake.

I even likely believe that he was casing the place for stealing tools or something, happens all the time on job sites... doesn't justify brandishing deadly force.

People walk into houses under construction all the time. They have video of him inside the house and ALREADY REVIEWED IT BEFORE CHARGING THE MEN. So if he took something and committed a felony, they already knew this before charging the men with murder.

Brandon Tatum is a former police officer. He IS expert on the law. There is also ACTUAL footage of the moment AA grabbed the shotgun and scuffled with McMichael ...

But, sure go ahead and bury your head in the sand. I knew you would.

Officer-696x392.png

^^ "Expert in the law" according to you. Strange how he's being charged for murder. You know, him being an "expert in the law" and all...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back