AJ Admits He Does Not Want to Fight Wilder

Smokes

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
And only wants the belt and has plans to wait til Wilder loses the belt so he can get it off someone else.

“It’s impossible for Wilder to stay champion for the rest of his time,” Joshua said. “He’s had tough fights [Eric] Molina, [Tyson] Fury and with Ortiz. He’s had close fights with certain people. It’s coming close to a time when that belt should change hands. So it’s not so much about Wilder. It’s more about what I can achieve by winning the undisputed.”

https://nypost.com/2019/05/31/anthony-joshua-finds-silver-lining-as-deontay-wilder-plan-collapses/

I bet that is why AJ turned down a career high payday of 50million to fight Wilder when he was offered.

But it is not the fight with Joshua.

"That's never been our fault," Deas said about a fight that both sides have, at times, tried to make happen. "We offered Joshua $50 million, and it was real, and they said no, and they offered us $15 million, and we said yes, and they still decided not to do the fight. It's clear who has wanted the fight. I like to deal with no games. With Ortiz, no games. With Fury, no games. With Breazeale, no games."

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/id/26842656/wilder-picks-rematch-ortiz-next-bout

Last edited:
Obviously Wilders advisors are preventing the fight... but the way Joshua talks is comical too. Mike Tyson was absolutely spot on when he said "I was a killer. Those guys today are businessmen".

Oh good we needed another thread on this.

This sport is a shell of its former self.

It’s embarassing.

It’s D-League for divas.

they literally offered wilder a hundred fucking million dollars to beat up breazeale and fight joshua twice.

he said no, because he wants to "do his own thing".

if anyone doesn't want this fight, it's wilder.

they literally offered wilder a hundred fucking million dollars to beat up breazeale and fight joshua twice.

he said no, because he wants to "do his own thing".

if anyone doesn't want this fight, it's wilder.

100mil for 3 fights is about 33 million or so a fight. AJ turned down 50million for 1 fight. Facts

This HW shit is becoming unbearable.

Nonsense clickbait taken out of context.

If you think anyone other than Deontay Wilde is to blame for this fight happening you need to grow up and start being honest with your self.

100mil for 3 fights is about 33 million or so a fight. AJ turned down 50million for 1 fight. Facts
Seriously u must be either a Troll , stupid or both.

Wilder was paid less than $10m for the breazeale fight so he effectively turned down $90m for fighting AJ twice, that's $45m a fight if you cant do the maths.

Nonsense clickbait taken out of context.

If you think anyone other than Deontay Wilde is to blame for this fight happening you need to grow up and start being honest with your self.

I honestly think if they told Wilder to fight Joshua next, he would do it. He's being controlled.

I honestly think if they told Wilder to fight Joshua next, he would do it. He's being controlled.

Then he's a moron for letting his career be controlled and dictated like that....thats on him. He's clearly an idiot, but it doesn't excuse his career.

AJ wouldn't get that excuse, neither does Wilder. They are both in a position to dictate their own career.

Seriously u must be either a Troll , stupid or both.

Wilder was paid less than $10m for the breazeale fight so he effectively turned down $90m for fighting AJ twice, that's $45m a fight if you cant do the maths.

I don't think that is how it would have work out if he signed the deal but ok I guess that is legit way to look at it. 45 is still less than 50mil and 90mill for 2 Championship Fights sounds good but lets look at it like this

why would he agree to fight AJ back to back when he knows the rematch would be worth more win or lose. Signing a deal like that screws him out of the bigger money fight and keeps him Only making 45mil instead of 150mil in the rematch.

I don't think that is how it would have work out if he signed the deal but ok I guess that is legit way to look at it. 45 is still less than 50mil and 90mill for 2 Championship Fights sounds good but lets look at it like this

why would he agree to fight AJ back to back when he knows the rematch would be worth more win or lose. Signing a deal like that screws him out of the bigger money fight and keeps him Only making 45mil instead of 150mil in the rematch.

What on earth are you talking about, 150mil in a rematch? The entire fight isn't worth close to that, never mind a paycheck.

It appears the only people who refuse to believe that Wilder has swerved this fight are morons or fanatic American wilder fans.

We've gone over the $50 million numerous times, it was a non-starter because it said that Joshua had to fight on BT Sport when he was contracted to fight on Sky. THEY knew Joshua couldn't do that so they knew that their offer was an empty one that could never be accepted. It was just a smokescreen so they could say 'Oh look, AJ just turned down $50 million, he must be scurred!'

And only wants the belt and has plans to wait til Wilder loses the belt so he can get it off someone else.

https://nypost.com/2019/05/31/anthony-joshua-finds-silver-lining-as-deontay-wilder-plan-collapses/

I bet that is why AJ turned down a career high payday of 50million to fight Wilder when he was offered.

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/id/26842656/wilder-picks-rematch-ortiz-next-bout
Talk about misinterpreting the quote lol

At this point, it’s obvious to everyone and everything bar a single cell amoeba that wilder is delaying the fight -
So he’s saying that wilder can hold it ransom as long as he wants but with his lack of boxing ability, he’s bound to lose at some point.

What the 50m they stated, then refused to meet Hearn lol. How the fck is it an offer when you go in to hiding when the opponents manager wants to discuss it. It was a stunt, everyone knows that

How about the 100m wilder turned down immediately. A real offer. It’s fcking obvious where the hold up is unless you’re a idiot, or can’t see past your own bias

What the 50m they stated, then refused to meet Hearn lol. How the fck is it an offer when you go in to hiding when the opponents manager wants to discuss it. It was a stunt, everyone knows that

How about the 100m wilder turned down immediately. A real offer. It’s fcking obvious where the hold up is unless you’re a idiot, or can’t see past your own bias

The worst thing is that the $100m would have been just from DAZN. The total amount Wilder would have earned would have been higher with the shares of the gate and UK TV rights that he would have received.

Back