AJ McKee the perfect example.

What kind of contract does he have? How many fights left?
Probably for life, he has only fought there, seriously tho i hope he crosses to the UFC while still in prime shape and that 0 still intact, i wouldnt mind watching him go against Volk directly.

Probably for life, he has only fought there, seriously tho i hope he crosses to the UFC while still in prime shape and that 0 still intact, i wouldnt mind watching him go against Volk directly.

Well what scenario makes it possible to cross to the UFC?

Why would he want to do that? He's making more money in Bellator than he would be in the UFC right now. He's arguably the face of Bellator at the moment. His dad didn't have a good relationship with the UFC. So he's in as good a position as you can be outside of the UFC. Everyone doesn't have to fight there. It's better for the sport if other promotions are strong. This is prize fighting. The whole point is to make as much money as you can.
Agreed, but once you reach the top the UFC pay is better, Pitbull was getting around 200-250k for his recent title fights, thats very good money dont get me wrong, but him being their now former champ champ and the face of the org its not that high, a fighter in the same position in the UFC probably fights for similar or higher purse but also has PPV points.

Well what scenario makes it possible to cross to the UFC?
It seems that having their belt might be a problem to begin with, he probably re-signed going into this fight so the only way is fighting out his contract and then he might cross, if the UFC is interested of course.

I think Alvarez and Brooks were still champ when they left, Chandler had lost it to Pitbull 1 fight before leaving.

Agreed, but once you reach the top the UFC pay is better, Pitbull was getting around 200-250k for his recent title fights, thats very good money dont get me wrong, but him being their now former champ champ and the face of the org its not that high, a fighter in the same position in the UFC probably fights for similar or higher purse but also has PPV points.
There's no guarantee he makes it to the top in the UFC. Not everyone gets the Michael Chandler treatment when they cross over. The UFC doesn't exactly have the best track record for treating fighters right. Being successful in the UFC is at best a roll of the dice.

WellinformedFearfulAnchovy-size_restricted.gif

o_O Such a crazy scene :(
Ooh now I feel like watching this movie again :D
It's one of my all-time favorites (with "Heat", "Goodfellas", and "Pulp Fiction")

Why would he want to do that? He's making more money in Bellator than he would be in the UFC right now. He's arguably the face of Bellator at the moment. His dad didn't have a good relationship with the UFC. So he's in as good a position as you can be outside of the UFC. Everyone doesn't have to fight there. It's better for the sport if other promotions are strong. This is prize fighting. The whole point is to make as much money as you can.
Duh, but some people still might want to fight the highest level competition to fill an internal need...other than that, you are correct.

Not only is your thread dogshit, but AJ Mckee has beaten three guys who have competed in the UFC. And in the case of Belluardo, the UFC signed Belluardo after Mckee beat him.
perhaps you eat dogshit, and this is why you are an expert on it.

A few recent threads, ok, more than a few, are focused on greatness and is it quality or quantity that should be the indicator. So here is a slightly different take considering this thread is NOT GOAT targeted but just thought provoking...........my opinion......AJ McKee has beaten up a bunch of guys who between them don't even have a single UFC event under their belt. Guys like Benson Henderson who did well in the UFC are now Bellator stepping stones but McKee has not fought any of those. This is NOT a knock against Bellator fightrs as I respect them but rather my view that the UFC is the elite show. My vote, McKee needs to come to UFC and see how he does against a rank 10-15 to see his skill level. Agree? Disagree? Top 10? Top 5? Should he join UFC and who should he fight?
So every very good or potentially great fighter should come to the UFC? What about other orgs keeping their best fighters and becoming more competitive vis a vis the UFC? Wouldn't that be best for fighters in the long run, by giving them more opportunities? It might even be better for the fans too, by offering them better quality viewing alternatives.

Of course, each org will need to have a decent pool of good fighters in each division, but they have to start somewhere.

So every very good or potentially great fighter should come to the UFC? What about other orgs keeping their best fighters and becoming more competitive vis a vis the UFC? Wouldn't that be best for fighters in the long run, by giving them more opportunities? It might even be better for the fans too, by offering them better quality viewing alternatives.

Of course, each org will need to have a decent pool of good fighters in each division, but they have to start somewhere.
I got no problem with that....just saying some fighters dream of beating the UFC champ....that was the arguement against PRIDE even though held its own.

Yes! I agree, it's a gem. And the criticism that it's "too long" is without merit in an age when people binge a Netflix show for 10 hours straight.
I thought the length was perfect :)
It really felt like watching a whole life o_O

He’s obviously a great talent and someone who has now proven himself against another great fighter. Obviously it leads to the question of who is the best and the only way to solve that is for them to fight but that’s not how this sport works across orgs….so we debate……

That said, it’s not like Spence has fought Crawford……

I'm always negative on Bellator talent, but in McKee's case, I think he belongs in the UFC... which is about as much as you can say for anyone. Anyone at any given time in the top 10 can be champion... it's just a matter of matchup and circumstance. McKee could get beaten by some of the guys in the top 10, but could beat some too.

Most Bellator guys will lose to everyone in the top 10.

I thought the length was perfect :)
It really felt like watching a whole life o_O
Yes! As Scorcese and his all-stars got older, it's only natural that they would make a film that meditates on life, aging, and how people's values change (or stay the same) when the youth/glamour/thrill is gone.

M<cKie will be another fighter that will stay in Bellator and fight cans for the most part and stay champ a while. Folks act like Bellator is almost on par with UFC an it is isn't remotley close in terms of talent.

As great as McKie looked - hes still behind Max, Volk, Ortega an on par with Barboza,kz, and Zabit

Also as good as Pit Bull has been recently - in that fight it straight looked like McKIe was literally 2 weight classes above him. a 8 in reach advantage n 6 in of height. Pit Bukll would be a nice BW but what fuccksake is he doing at FW

He just beat Pitbull who is an absolute beast and KO'd Michael Chandler who just fought for the UFC belt, he's not too far removed.
You are correct, he is not only not too far removed, but I got lazy in my research, as he actually fought 3 guys who had a total combined 6 UFC fights.....1 guy had 3...another 2, another 1 UFC fight and all three were sent back to other promotions....only Chandler remains.

How juvenile do you have to be to think the ufc has some magical way to sign 100% of the elite fighters on earth at all times , therefore if you don’t fight for ufc you must not be good .

if you’ve honestly watched all of Aj’s fights , not a hl video , not based your opinion off of other peoples opinions on the internet , and you still don’t realize the level he’s on then that’s ok ,
You have no idea what your talking about but that’s still ok

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicenhot
Back