AJ vs Ruiz official prediction

Wheres all the folks who said he got fatter on purpose and wrote AJ off?

I don’t see how any professional hw boxer comes in that heavy by accident. His team would clearly know where his weight is throughout the training. I still think that the weight was to add a little bit more power on those hooks and help absorb Joshua hard shots. I think his aim was to get Joshua out of there early and he didn’t think Joshua was patient enough to box and move for 12

Dont know anything about soccer but Im just saying there are a lot of high level athletes that eat like shit because they burn so many calories.

And my point is even if you can eat like shit because you burn so many calories, you shouldnt.

What a complete sh** show.

This was the feel good story of the decade. The scrappy kid from the neighborhood vs. the polished pro, hard puncher vs. intelligent boxer, everyman warrior vs. the elitist athlete, US vs. Europe, etc., etc. The establishment was clearly rooting for AJ to win, as he’s just the type of marketable champ who sells fights and makes the sport look good. And yet, Ruiz literally had a tidal wave of goodwill from the general public on his side.

It’s a great narrative. And even if Ruiz loses, he still comes off looking like Rocky as long as he fights hard and bloodies AJ. And if he actually wins, then he’s practically written himself his own screenplay and is set for life.

But instead of taking the fight seriously and being grateful for the opportunity of being the first “heavyweight Mexican champ in history,” Ruiz decides to spend three months doing hookers and blow and doesn’t set foot in the gym. He took all that goodwill and flushed it down the toilet by essentially living up to all the worst racial stereotypes, badly embarrassing himself and his people in the process.

So the feel good Rocky narrative vanishes faster than a burrito fart at Taco Bell, and now the whole story becomes about how Ruiz was just lucky the first time. Every boxing pundit out there spent last night gleefully penning their “See, I told you this guy is just a lazy bum” editorial for the morning edition.

What a crushing debacle. Ruiz may be in denial, but he just wrote what will be seen as the defining chapter of his career.

Last edited:
Ruiz said in the post presser he was so overweight he couldn't throw combinations, his arms felt heavy.
Disgrace.
He can talk about a 3rd fight all he likes, this opportunity won't come again. The curiosity for a 3rd fight is almost zero because this fight was so uncompetitive.
Not to mention if he ever does get a rematch he'll the B-side again. (This fight Aj is reported to have been paid 60-85 mil, Ruiz 13M.)
This was his chance to own the belts and make the terms. What a complete fuck up.
What a complete sh** show.

This was the feel good story of the decade. The scrappy kid from the neighborhood vs. the polished pro, hard puncher vs. intelligent boxer, everyman warrior vs. the elitist athlete, US vs. Europe, etc., etc. The establishment was clearly rooting for AJ to win, as he’s just the type of marketable champ who sells fights and makes the sport look good. And yet, Ruiz literally had a tidal wave of goodwill from the general public on his side.

It’s a great narrative. And even if Ruiz loses, he still comes off looking like Rocky as long as he fights hard and bloodies AJ. And if he actually wins, then he’s practically written himself his own screenplay and is set for life.

But instead of taking the fight seriously and being grateful for the opportunity of being the first “heavyweight Mexican champ in history,” Ruiz decides to spend three months doing hookers and blow and doesn’t set foot in the gym. He took all that goodwill and flushed it down the toilet by essentially living up to all the worst racial stereotypes, badly embarrassing himself and his people in the process.

So the feel good Rocky narrative vanishes faster than a burrito fart at Taco Bell, and now the whole story becomes about how Ruiz was just lucky the first time. Every boxing pundit out there spent last night gleefully penning their “See, I told you this guy is just a lazy bum” editorial for the morning edition.

What a crushing debacle. Ruiz may be in denial, but he just wrote what will be seen as the defining chapter of his career.

Honestly, I doubt we will ever see Ruiz again. He genuinely has skill but no life management skills. His house was basically a non stop block party since he best Joshua. It really is a shit show, Ruiz thinks he's getting another shot lol. Nobody's gonna pay to see it Andy. I just hope he doesn't end up broke and destitute, he doesn't seem that wise with money.

He also gave the 2 biggest excuses in Boxing , I didn't Train and I didn't take it seriously. Lol .

Disgraceful from Joshua. I've never seen a fighter more scared to engage.
So you have never seen Floyd Mayweather fight??!

giphy.gif

Back