Al Iaquinta made Khabib look beatable

chamcham

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
It was interesting to see Al stuff many of Khabib's takedown attempts and also expose Khabib's standup.

If Iaquinta just went crazy and unloaded in the fifth round, i think he would have connected with a hard shot. I almost wanted him to turn into Kyle Bochniak for the last round.

I would have liked to see Iaquinta take Khabib down and put him on the defensive. I'd like to see Khabib have to scramble or defend himself.

Somehow, this fight reminded me of Jon Jones vs OSP. OSP didn't have a bigger enough toolbox to put Jones in danger, but he made him look beatable.

He did absolutely nothing but get dominated. If you put the TV on mute so you didn’t hear Joe Rogaine the drug addict, you’d think differently

It was interesting to see Al stuff many of Khabib's takedown attempts and also expose Khabib's standup.

If Iaquinta just went crazy and unloaded in the fifth round, i think he would have connected with a hard shot. I almost wanted him to turn into Kyle Bochniak for the last round.

I would have liked to see Iaquinta take Khabib down and put him on the defensive. I'd like to see Khabib have to scramble or defend himself.

Somehow, this fight reminded me of Jon Jones vs OSP. OSP didn't have a bigger enough toolbox to put Jones in danger, but he made him look beatable.

Al was beaten even in his own game.
DaPNZcZWkAA9IZo.jpg

Khabib had 1 day to study Al Iaquinta's tapes, and 0 days to actually practice technique to counter him (you don't spar in the final moments at risk of getting injury). You think he was ever watching Al fight before last 2 nights?

He's been studying Tony and Conor extensively. Tony also has a different build than Al. He's lanky, meaning it'll be simpler to slip in a submission around the neck whereas Al's neck is barely there and Khabib struggled to sink it in. He's also taller, so he can't crouch down like Al did to minimize takedown attempts.

This fight does give people some false hope though, which is good for now. Maybe people will be interested to challenge him for once.

50-43

179 strikes to 25 mostly standing (khabib is not a striker)

"KHABIB NOT GOOD CONOR SLURP SLURP SLURP"

Khabib won the striking and the ground game. The only flaw is he seemed to slow down in the third.

Al was beaten even in his own game.
DaPNZcZWkAA9IZo.jpg
this. Is khabib ever going to be a K-1 or boxing champ? no... but Al's only chance was by KO and he couldn't even convincingly win either of the rounds that were on their feet vs a guy who rogan kept criticizing over and over again

WHAT? Khabib toyed with him, didn't even try hard to take him down in the 3rd/4th

You and whoever else thinks the same way is a moron

Khabib outstruck and outwrestled him.

Not sure which fight you were watching.

Edit: If you were trolling you totally got me. If you weren't you might need to get your eyes checked.

So did barboza. You were just paying too much attention to rogan acting like khabibs gnp was worth a damn and his TDs werent getting stuffed and stood up.

McGregor would stiffen Iaquinta within a round

Al showed the way to go, if it wasn't obvious already.

Stand strong in the middle and away from the fence. Feints. Have respectable power. After 2 rounds he'll stop shooting singles because they get stuffed due to gassing to a degree.

I'd back Kevin Lee on that evidence. Terrible matchup for Khabib.

So the key to beating khabib is...to lose 50-43?

<bball1>

It wasn't even Khabib's best night and the fight was still a blowout.

Last edited:
Raging Al is legit though, no surprise from me outside of the fact that Khabib slowed down in the third.

Back