Aldo willing to throw next fight to quickly finish UFC contract.

if he hadn't have had so much injury time off, he'd have fought out his contract already. X-number of fights contracts will last forever if you take years off at a time due to injury.

Looking forward to his fight with Cruz, I got Cruz by decision, he will have Aldo flustered like Barao with TJ.

Those projects are not
MMA related dumbass.
If that is actually the case he doesn't need to retire from the UFC. He seemingly wants to never fight for the UFC again and based on how they are treating him I can't blame him for feeling that way. On the other hand he could just keep fighting and getting paid all that he can and try to line up that rematch. If Conor loses at LW vs Alvarez he is much more likely to fight at FW again. If Conor manages to win at LW he is not likely ever going back to FW so then that becomes the time that Aldo moves up. If I was Aldo I would sign to fight Pettis. He beats Pettis and Frankie back to back, both former LW champs. He has a case to rally for a fight with Conor at LW assuming Conor wins the belt.

Alright, I'll step in to fight Jose Aldo then. Let's see who can tap out the quickest.

Aldo just got sick of UFC and Mcgregor doing everything they can to avoid the rematch. Aldo is the greatest featherweight of all time, DEAL WITH IT

Saltiest fighter in the roster. I get why but come on...

If that is actually the case he doesn't need to retire from the UFC. He seemingly wants to never fight for the UFC again and based on how they are treating him I can't blame him for feeling that way. On the other hand he could just keep fighting and getting paid all that he can and try to line up that rematch. If Conor loses at LW vs Alvarez he is much more likely to fight at FW again. If Conor manages to win at LW he is not likely ever going back to FW so then that becomes the time that Aldo moves up. If I was Aldo I would sign to fight Pettis. He beats Pettis and Frankie back to back, both former LW champs. He has a case to rally for a fight with Conor at LW assuming Conor wins the belt.

If I was Aldo, I would retire with money in my bank and enjoy my life.

200w.gif

Shawshank Freeman don't care.

Is anybody buying Jose's story? If he wanted to retire he'd do so, and without the hand waving. Do you think IMG are going to block him from playing soccer? The motivation - “If I continue, of course, I want to see money,” Aldo said.
He wants more money to fight Holloway or Pettis. Expect him to fight at 206 or 207.

Funny because Conor McGregor has a tendency to get in the cage and tap right away too

Artemij Sitenkov, Round 1 Submission loss, 1:09 minute mark

Joseph Duffy, Round 1 Submission loss, :38 second mark

Conor is running from the rematch, the only people who don't see this are the nuthuggers/trolls
Conor does not care about the Aldo fight. Fighting at heavier classes especially for the title will attract more viewers. Hell, even a fight against Cruz at 145-150 lbs would sell more than the Aldo fight.

I can't understand why someone would want to make Aldo vs Pettis now. The fight makes zero sense. Aldo lost once in the last 10 years by a flash KO and then beat Edgar to become interim champ. Pettis lost 3 of his last 4 fights. Why would they fight??? So stupid...

"If they release me, that would be great, but if not, what can we do? I have other projects and that depends on this meeting we're having with them. If I want to retire, no contract can stop me. I can go there and say (I'm retired) and they can't force me to fight. A lawyer already looked at the contract, but I don't want to fight (the UFC in court). I don't want anything. Ah, you want me to fight MMA again? So I'll get in there and tap right away, and the fight is over. I'd do it quickly. What I really want is other things for my life."

Seems like he is trying to jump ship to a rival promotion during a contract dispute ala Wanderlei. I'm sure he has had legal advice and they advised him not to fight the UFC in court, since he really doesn't have a case other than throwing him a b*tch fit for not getting what he wants. If he really does want other things for his life, he should consider that before signing the contract. He should just settle down and fight. Aldo vs Pettis, anyone?

there's literally nothing in that article that suggests he wants to fight in another promotion. Are you a fucking buffoon or what?

Conor does not care about the Aldo fight. Fighting at heavier classes especially for the title will attract more viewers. Hell, even a fight against Cruz at 145-150 lbs would sell more than the Aldo fight.
Aldo vs Mcgregor II would be massive. Possibly the biggest fight in MMA history. Conor is just afraid that he will lose, he knows he got lucky the first time so he's gonna keep running away in fear

Aldo vs Mcgregor II would be massive. Possibly the biggest fight in MMA history. Conor is just afraid that he will lose, he knows he got lucky the first time so he's gonna keep running away in fear
Maybe if they made the fight in Brazil it would bring some money. If UFC really believed that they would have forced Conor to defend the belt.

Back