Aleksei Oleinik (the Russian ufc ezekiel guy)

trustdoesntrust

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Watching some of this dude's old fights, they're crazy. he finishes every one with some different crazy variation on a fundamental submission: RNC with a cross body scissor, arm triangle from mount with mata leao grip: shallow guillotine from front headlock with chest compression. he also pulls old school half guard a lot, and will dive into opponent's closed guards just to attempt an ezekiel into opp's closed guard. Anybody know how/where he learned to grapple like that?

Watching some of this dude's old fights, they're crazy. he finishes every one with some different crazy variation on a fundamental submission: RNC with a cross body scissor, arm triangle from mount with mata leao grip: shallow guillotine from front headlock with chest compression. he also pulls old school half guard a lot, and will dive into opponent's closed guards just to attempt an ezekiel into opp's closed guard. Anybody know how/where he learned to grapple like that?

I don’t think he has ever Ezekiel anyone from close guard, he pulled it a couple of times from under mount though

I don’t think he has ever Ezekiel anyone from close guard, he pulled it a couple of times from under mount though

i bet at least one of his 44 (!) submissions is an ezekiel from top closed guard considering that he frequently attempted them in the fights i saw. he also seems to favor a josh barnett-style scarf hold; in one fight he transitioned from a heel hook straight into the scarf finish.

His pressure is relentless. It's really made me reconsider my approach to sleeve chokes. So I've been doing it a lot from inside people's closed guard. My coach gets annoyed, says it won't work against anyone good. But here's the thing. NO ONE DOES IT BECAUSE IT'S "WRONG." So I'm getting better at a move that is unconventional that people don't get many opportunities to defend. I've caught a couple of good guys.

His pressure is relentless. It's really made me reconsider my approach to sleeve chokes. So I've been doing it a lot from inside people's closed guard. My coach gets annoyed, says it won't work against anyone good. But here's the thing. NO ONE DOES IT BECAUSE IT'S "WRONG." So I'm getting better at a move that is unconventional that people don't get many opportunities to defend. I've caught a couple of good guys.

In the gi it works, I’ve seen my classmate go out in competition l, there’s several vids of people going to sleep because it shouldn’t work...

the best person i know with cross chokes is a relson bb i train with he only has like 5 moves he really does but his cross choke is one of the best on the planet

I always thought he hit it in Sang Soo Lee's guard. I've never seen a video, just photos.

Lol at the thread title. That’s the only way I identify this guy.

He's definitely done it to people from in top closed guard before.

Lol at the thread title. That’s the only way I identify this guy.

the thing that really blew me away watching his old fights is that he wins EVERY ONE with the spiritual equivalent of a no-gi ezekiel. fight after fight he goes against some tough-as-fuck Russian dude, almost always seems in danger for a few seconds, then always gets the finish with some impossible no-gi variation on a gi submission. would love to see him in the ultra heavy division at ADCC

In the gi it works, I’ve seen my classmate go out in competition l, there’s several vids of people going to sleep because it shouldn’t work...
It only works when they defend incorrectly. People are used to defending many chokes by extending the person away. In a ezikiel from inside the guard, that is exactly the opposite of how you should defend.

Back