Alex “Cowboy” Oliveira Hiding From Police After Assaulting Ex-Wife

Literally from all the guys I have debated here on sherdog, this is the first time I encounter this honesty.
I applaud you, kind sir.

And you chose a great sport to be a fan of, no need to follow others.
Let's hope that domestic violence news will not leave a stain on it in a public eye.

I truly hope it doesn't. I was sincere in my belief that the evidence is out there and I could google it but I know I can't give it that nuanced informed impact that an actual fan of football or boxing or rugby or pro wrestling or whatever could. One pro wrestling example I can dig out of my childhood memories of still watching wwe is Chris Benoit. Kind of, ah, ultimate domestic violence unfortunately.

There was definitely a LOT of head trauma and steroid use involved there that could be similar to MMA.

I truly hope it doesn't. I was sincere in my belief that the evidence is out there and I could google it but I know I can't give it that nuanced informed impact that an actual fan of football or boxing or rugby or pro wrestling or whatever could. One pro wrestling example I can dig out of my childhood memories of still watching wwe is Chris Benoit. Kind of, ah, ultimate domestic violence unfortunately.

There was definitely a LOT of head trauma and steroid use involved there that could be similar to MMA.

Yep. I know that there were a lot of suicides in WWF, ODs, heart attacks in young age....

MMA will probably be less about roid damage (yes yes, even with the roid epidemic today, wrestling roiders still eat MMA alive), and more about brain trauma from concussions.
It deeply bothers me that Overeem and Arlovski fight .... and win... so they can fight more...and get damaged more.
And they are young...and I'm afraid to think what will happen with them in a couple of years...

Yep. I know that there were a lot of suicides in WWF, ODs, heart attacks in young age....

MMA will probably be less about roid damage (yes yes, even with the roid epidemic today, wrestling roiders still eat MMA alive), and more about brain trauma from concussions.
It deeply bothers me that Overeem and Arlovski fight .... and win... so they can fight more...and get damaged more.
And they are young...and I'm afraid to think what will happen with them in a couple of years...

The young guys are already starting to hurt them badly whenever the UFC sacrifices an old guy to them. MVP vs Cyborg is a really sickening one. Anderson vs Cannonier was inevitable. Blaydes vs Overeem, Ngannou vs Overeem* & Arlovski... Hard to watch.

The young guys are already starting to hurt them badly whenever the UFC sacrifices an old guy to them. MVP vs Cyborg is a really sickening one. Anderson vs Cannonier was inevitable. Blaydes vs Overeem, Ngannou vs Overeem* & Arlovski... Hard to watch.

The problem is...Arlovski and Overeem are themselves young!
Arlovski is 40. Overeem is 39.
Studs that huge...healthy life...this age is a joke today! I'm a couple years younger than them...and I'm young!
They're not supposed to get that f**ked up in that age...but they will be very, very unhappy 50 year olds.

The problem is...Arlovski and Overeem are themselves young!
Arlovski is 40. Overeem is 39.
Studs that huge...healthy life...this age is a joke today! I'm a couple years younger than them...and I'm young!
They're not supposed to get that f**ked up in that age...but they will be very, very unhappy 50 year olds.

Well imagine the smaller guys that get beat up at the tail end of their careers, fighting smaller opponents that hit them at a much faster pace even if it's with less power. Guys like Leben and Gaethje and Diego are beloved but will be filling diapers at 60 or so..

Pics of Ex-wife? She might be guilty

It's sad that when I heard these kinds of stories about MMA fighters I'm seldom surprised.

This sport might rival the NFL in the amount of scumbags per unit area.

Back