Alex can’t do HW

How would you guys see a fight against Volkov going, out of curiosity?
I think Volkov would be an easy peasy target for him. Volk is so slow in comparison, and not nearly as good of a striker; Only problem I see there if Aleksandr gets some success with takedowns, then it would be a fight.

Did you learn anything from UFC 300? Doubting fighters who are too "small" for a division is overplayed.

Alex shouldn’t fight HW, I don’t think Dana is down with it either, because if Alex does move up and wins, it waters down 3 weight divisions and then no weight class is special any longer
Dude, Poatan is done with MW. He already won that strap by TKO'ing the long-time champ.

No reason to cut to MW and put his body through that. LHW and HW are the only places that make sense for him to fight.

Winning a UFC belt in a 3rd weight class would be history that will likely never be repeated.

I do think Poatan should take his time. Get healthy. Also, the HW picture is a mess since Dana seems unwilling to promote Aspinall from interim to champ.

I'd like to see him vs Aspinall, Blaydes or Almeida.

Or stay at LhW and fight Ankalaev.

They said he walked into the Hill fight at 235, and he looked fairly cut to me. I'm sure if he threw another 10 lbs of muscle and 10 lbs of fat on he would be a monster. No weight cut. Also him and Jones are both listed at 6'4" i believe, so not sure why he'd be "small". IIRC Jones has a 1" arm length advantage.

Jones no doubt has a big grappling/scrambling advantage, but his boxing has never been that great- i'd argue its his weakest fighting atribute. His kicks are great, and his fight IQ is remarkably great considering how stupid he is outside of the ring.

If Jones couldnt get him down it would be a super intriguing fight. Them trading different kicks, and Poatan setting traps. Jones can set traps too, but Poatan might just be better at an overall vision there, so they might not work and he could potentially flip that.

Both are up there in age.

Aspinal is much younger, and his speed and size is certainly a big challenge alone, not getting into how they match up striking- and thats leaving out the grappling.

I think he could knock out Jones cold next month If he starts to eat Horse Meat 4 times/day everyday starting now.

Uberatan cutting from 280 lbs of pure muscle would be unstoppable bruh

Quite sure he can plus he hits like one. There was a video of him sparring a HW and the size difference just wasn't there, I also think Alex was cutting on that one. He is one big boy.

If Jon can bulk to HW I don't see why Alex can't. I just don't see a point in him moving up now while the HW division is a mess. Alex Might as well clean house at 205 while that shit gets sorted out.

His bones are too thin
Jones looks like crap at HW and he’s taller than Alex

Those big guys would maul Alex into Bolivia
Alex shouldn’t fight HW, I don’t think Dana is down with it either, because if Alex does move up and wins, it waters down 3 weight divisions and then no weight class is special any longer

Bad idea
Special?????? Grow up

He has a good chance against any strikers at HW. It's the guys like Blaydes, Almeida and especially Aspinall who I don't see him beating.
Gane would be an interesting non-grappling opponent, feel like Alex ends up taking away his movement with the leg kicks.

Imo beating an Ankalaev who tries to wrestle him at LHW should be bigger for his legacy than beating Gane or other HW strikers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rank Wang
Back