Alex Peirera vs Roundtree?

I must have missed something, Alex said he'd fight at 300 and 301?

I don’t think it’s fair to say glover spent whatever he had left against Jiri. Glover came very close to winning that fight. Hill just controlled distance better than Jiri did.
You think so? Glover clearly looked like he lost a step compared to his fight with Jiri IMO. Hands weren't as sharp, his entries when closing distance were slower, he wasn't chaining TD's like he did with Jiri. He wasn't able to control from top position as well as his previous fight either. I'm not saying that the fight wasn't competitive and Hill completely ran through Glover. But that if the same Glover that fought Jiri fought Hill. The fight would have been significantly closer or he would have won.

Rountree is a fun fighter, but this place has always overrated him for some reason.

This guy got packed up by Ion Cutelaba…

Rountree might be the most overrated guy at LHW rn… he beats a couple wash ups and got a robbery decision against Dustin Jacoby (whom Pereira KO’d) and now he’s being shamelessly mentioned for title fights lol

Please stop

596b0d_bbde0eeabc6d4e96ad146b4dea4aed4b~mv2.gif
Wait.. does anybody rate Rountree?

Not long ago he was smoked by the moldovan guy that loses all the time.. the can that paints himself green. I forgot his name.

Cutelaba isn't a "can", but I feel he's pretty limitted skill wise. He tries to maul people with punches or TDs and if he can't he usually doesn't win. Johnny Walker is... Johnny Walker. He improves yeah but his best work is stuff wildly damaging and unpredictable. When people can anticipate him he doesn't seem to be a championship fighter

Roundtree I feel has grown a lot from those losses and I don't think there's too much to be ashamed of with them

Ankalaev is the real elephant in the room. I have no idea what's happening with him. I do think he realistically poses the most problems to Alex

You think so? Glover clearly looked like he lost a step compared to his fight with Jiri IMO. Hands weren't as sharp, his entries when closing distance were slower, he wasn't chaining TD's like he did with Jiri. He wasn't able to control from top position as well as his previous fight either. I'm not saying that the fight wasn't competitive and Hill completely ran through Glover. But that if the same Glover that fought Jiri fought Hill. The fight would have been significantly closer or he would have won.
I don’t think Glover looked like he lost a step. Glover always did poorly against rangy strikers. Hill stay on the outside and picked him apart. Jiri likes to fight with serious pressure always walking into range. Glover just matched up with Jiri better than he did Hill.

I don’t think Glover looked like he lost a step. Glover always did poorly against rangy strikers. Hill stay on the outside and picked him apart. Jiri likes to fight with serious pressure always walking into range. Glover just matched up with Jiri better than he did Hill.
I went back and watched both fights after making my post. You do have a point there and I agree. However I still do believe Glover lost a little bit of his step although not a whole lot. Any how, the reach advantage Hill had with Glover won't be there for him with Alex so it will be interesting to see how the fight plays out.

Rountree is 3-0 against Glory and K-1 kickboxers in MMA. If they do make this fight that would be an interesting stat to generate some hype.

Ankalaev is next though.

I went back and watched both fights after making my post. You do have a point there and I agree. However I still do believe Glover lost a little bit of his step although not a whole lot. Any how, the reach advantage Hill had with Glover won't be there for him with Alex so it will be interesting to see how the fight plays out.
Wars in mma always take a little bit out of a fighter, that’s the only way I could see glover declining between those fights. It definitely will be interesting to see how Hill vs Alex plays out. Hill is extremely confident for some reason. I wonder if he knows something we don’t, or if he’s he’s gonna get humbled badly. The fact hill is a southpaw protects him a bit from the lowkicks and the left hook. If he stays southpaw he has a few things going in his favor. The thing is Alex is an insanely accurate striker. Correct me if I’m mistaken, but Hill has yet to really be rocked. Alex could easily be the first to crack his chin.

Roundtree is too timid at times. Alex would use the calf kick to to weaken him and then get the KO early in round 3.

Rountree might be the most overrated guy at LHW rn… he beats a couple wash ups and got a robbery decision against Dustin Jacoby (whom Pereira KO’d) and now he’s being shamelessly mentioned for title fights lol

Please stop

596b0d_bbde0eeabc6d4e96ad146b4dea4aed4b~mv2.gif
That elbow was beautiful.

Wars in mma always take a little bit out of a fighter, that’s the only way I could see glover declining between those fights. It definitely will be interesting to see how Hill vs Alex plays out. Hill is extremely confident for some reason. I wonder if he knows something we don’t, or if he’s he’s gonna get humbled badly. The fact hill is a southpaw protects him a bit from the lowkicks and the left hook. If he stays southpaw he has a few things going in his favor. The thing is Alex is an insanely accurate striker. Correct me if I’m mistaken, but Hill has yet to really be rocked. Alex could easily be the first to crack his chin.
Yes, that's what I'm implying. I wouldn't be surprised if that war took out a little more than just a bit. Especially at 43 and having such a long career. Yeah, it's going to be harder for Alex to find his left hook with Hill and his south paw stance but I think he will find it in the later rounds as Jamahal tends to get sloppy when tired and leaves himself way open for counters when he's letting his hands go. Early on Jamahal very much has a chance but in the championship rounds I can only see Alex winning as not only for the reason I already pointed out but because Alex carries the power in his hands to put you out at any moment of the fight where Jamahal's power falls off the longer the fight goes. Like in his fight with OSP in the last round he threw everything at him including the kitchen sink trying to put him out and just couldn't. Same with Santos, he was hitting Santos with big shots deep in the fight and just couldn't put him out while standing either.

Yes, that's what I'm implying. I wouldn't be surprised if that war took out a little more than just a bit. Especially at 43 and having such a long career. Yeah, it's going to be harder for Alex to find his left hook with Hill and his south paw stance but I think he will find it in the later rounds as Jamahal tends to get sloppy when tired and leaves himself way open for counters when he's letting his hands go. Early on Jamahal very much has a chance but in the championship rounds I can only see Alex winning as not only for the reason I already pointed out but because Alex carries the power in his hands to put you out at any moment of the fight where Jamahal's power falls off the longer the fight goes. Like in his fight with OSP in the last round he threw everything at him including the kitchen sink trying to put him out and just couldn't. Same with Santos, he was hitting Santos with big shots deep in the fight and just couldn't put him out while standing either.
Glover wasn’t really moving too differently in the Hill fight compared to the Jiri fight, though. Glover landed a takedown in the final round and had a decent amount of control time as well. It’s hard to do that if you’re washed. I’m not sure it’s fair to discredit Hill’s win like that. I’m not sure Alex’s power is the same at LHW. At MW he couldn’t put Izzy to sleep. At LHW he got a dubious stoppage with Jiri and couldn’t drop Jan. Thiago Santos was able to hurt Jan standing. Alex may have game changing power only at MW. There’s a chance at LHW the bigger guys can handle his attacks better. Hill swings super wide, though and is very open to be countered especially when he’s hunting a finish. I wonder if Hill is only tryna mislead Alex by saying he plans on standing.

Glover wasn’t really moving too differently in the Hill fight compared to the Jiri fight, though. Glover landed a takedown in the final round and had a decent amount of control time as well. It’s hard to do that if you’re washed. I’m not sure it’s fair to discredit Hill’s win like that. I’m not sure Alex’s power is the same at LHW. At MW he couldn’t put Izzy to sleep. At LHW he got a dubious stoppage with Jiri and couldn’t drop Jan. Thiago Santos was able to hurt Jan standing. Alex may have game changing power only at MW. There’s a chance at LHW the bigger guys can handle his attacks better. Hill swings super wide, though and is very open to be countered especially when he’s hunting a finish. I wonder if Hill is only tryna mislead Alex by saying he plans on standing.
Yeah, I'm not discrediting Hill's win. It was a very good performance. Simply saying that I think Glover could have performed a little better if not for that war he had prior. Alex put Izzy to sleep in Kickboxing at 185 and even if we are just looking at MMA, Izzy is one of the best defensive strikers in the UFC and is very hard to land on clean. So that was more Alex couldn't connect clean than him not being able to have enough power to KO him. So not the best of examples. Alex checked Jiri's chin with a short hook and dropped him. Sure you can argue the stoppage was bad but you can't argue that short hook didn't almost put him out. Jan literally ran into Santos with his chin up which ended the night for him. If Jan did the same with Alex there's no doubt Jan would have gotten finished too but he fought safer with him. Every fight Alex had at LHW in GLORY ended in KO's. His power certainly does carry into 205 and I think that short hook he dropped Jiri with proves it for MMA. Jiri has never been dropped by a single punch like that while in the UFC at least.

Yeah, I'm not discrediting Hill's win. It was a very good performance. Simply saying that I think Glover could have performed a little better if not for that war he had prior. Alex put Izzy to sleep in Kickboxing at 185 and even if we are just looking at MMA, Izzy is one of the best defensive strikers in the UFC and is very hard to land on clean. So that was more Alex couldn't connect clean than him not being able to have enough power to KO him. So not the best of examples. Alex checked Jiri's chin with a short hook and dropped him. Sure you can argue the stoppage was bad but you can't argue that short hook didn't almost put him out. Jan literally ran into Santos with his chin up which ended the night for him. If Jan did the same with Alex there's no doubt Jan would have gotten finished too but he fought safer with him. Every fight Alex had at LHW in GLORY ended in KO's. His power certainly does carry into 205 and I think that short hook he dropped Jiri with proves it for MMA. Jiri has never been dropped by a single punch like that while in the UFC at least.
Styles make fights Glover not performing as well was because Hill fought Glover differently than Jiri did. The fact Glover was still landing takedowns in the 5th lets me know he was still elite. Alex is 2-1 in recent fights at LHW in glory, and the only stoppage of those wins is over a MW that moved up in Jason Wilnis. It’s not like he stopped a legitimate LHW. I’m not convinced Alex’s power is devastating at 205. Jiri was wobbled by Glover, and Reyes iirc. Also, wasn’t Jiri leaving himself wide open the same way Jan was with the Santos KO? I’m not sure you can discredit Santos’ KO win because Jan was moving forward yet count the Alex stoppage that was dubious in the first place when Jiri was doing the same as Jan.

Last edited:
Styles make fights Glover not performing as well was because Hill fought Glover differently than Jiri did. The fact Glover was still landing takedowns in the 5th lets me know he was still elite. Alex is 2-1 in recent fights at LHW in glory, and the only stoppage of those wins is over a MW that moved up in Jason Wilnis. It’s not like he stopped a legitimate LHW. I’m not convinced Alex’s power is devastating at 205. Jiri was wobbled by Glover, and Reyes iirc.

He did stop a legitimate LHW, Donegi Abena. Until recently he was the LHW champ at GLORY. That's a legit 205er and he starched him. The only 205er he didn't stop was Artem but it doesn't mean he doesn't have power at 205 because of it. Artem was just THAT good defensively. The dude was champ at GLORY for like 8 years and hasn't been finished in his ENTIRE career. It was Artem's high skill level that made Alex not able to find the KO, not that he didn't necessarily have the power to put him away if he connected clean. Yes Jiri was WOBBLED by Glover and Reyes, not dropped by them. Which is my point. Alex was actually able to drop Jiri with a short hook with not a lot of power. I'm not convinced anyone else at 205 could have done that if they were to switch places with Alex.

He did stop a legitimate LHW, Donegi Abena. Until recently he was the LHW champ at GLORY. That's a legit 205er and he starched him. The only 205er he didn't stop was Artem but it doesn't mean he doesn't have power at 205 because of it. Artem was just THAT good defensively. The dude was champ at GLORY for like 8 years and hasn't been finished in his ENTIRE career. It was Artem's high skill level that made Alex not able to find the KO, not that he didn't necessarily have the power to put him away if he connected clean. Yes Jiri was WOBBLED by Glover and Reyes, not dropped by them. Which is my point. Alex was actually able to drop Jiri with a short hook with not a lot of power. I'm not convinced anyone else at 205 could have done that if they were to switch places with Alex.
Jiri walked right into that punch. King Mo ko’d Jiri stiff walking into a punch. Alex couldn’t do the same, and king mo doesn’t exactly have game changing power. Just one clean stoppage at LHW doesn’t scream game changing power at LHW to me.

Last edited:
Back