Alex vs Izzy at 205?

• Total voters

Kowboy On Sherdog

Once Upon a Time in The UFC
Staff member
Sherdog.com Staff
Reaction score
upload_2023-11-12_14-20-38.png

Alex Pereira believes he has what it takes to motivate Israel Adesanya.

After claiming the vacant light heavyweight title with a second-round stoppage of Jiri Prochazka in the UFC 295 headliner, “Poatan” called for his longtime rival to meet him at 205 pounds.

“I know that I’m not going to do what he did to me and make me fight three times to fight him at middleweight,” Pereira said in the Octagon. “I know it’s a guy we have a lot of history. I want to make this fight happen. Adesanya, come to daddy.”

Adesanya last appeared at UFC 293, where he relinquished the middleweight crown in a surprising unanimous decision loss to Sean Strickland. Not long after, “The Last Stylebender” hinted that he might take an extended break from MMA. Pereira’s callout didn’t seem to have much of an effect on the City Kickboxing stalwart, as he simply responded by trolling his rival on social media.

Pereira was undeterred despite that response.

“Regardless of what he said, I was respectful, and I mean what I said,” Pereira said through a translator at the UFC 295 post-fight press conference. “I’ll give him a chance. He doesn’t seem motivated, and I think that’s a fight everybody would like to see, so I try to push him to come back.”

Continue Reading
https://www.sherdog.com/news/news/A...s-SelfImposed-Hiatus-A-Waste-of-Talent-191699

Last edited:

Do we want to see Alex vs Izzy at 205?

alex-pereira-pereira-ufc.gif

I want Hill to get the shot before anyone else. Let's interrupt this downward slide of shittiness where the rightful contenders are thrown over for popularity. Let's get divisions functioning like divisions again because we're all talking about the current awful state of several divisions.

lol, I am sure Poatan wants to return the KO,

And I cannot stand Izzy.

And root hard for Poatan.

But... I actually think 18 months out is a good idea for Izzy, not to play house with twinks tho, but to train in all areas, study styles, mix his own training and style up, rest up, have fun doing it then return.

A rematch at 205 would be crazy

Maybe one of the biggest fights that can be made in the sport

Love the move by Poatan, throwing a backhanded compliment of “You got skills, now let’s fight, you Bitch”.

Back