Alex Pereira-Israel Adesanya Official UFC 281 Scorecard

Yeah well Izzy was the better fighter, no doubt, but its the end result that matters.
I don't get this type of mentality. First everyone on this site hates lay and pray or wall and stall wrestling/grinder style. Then everyone talks smack on KO artists. Hmmm

Chael Sonnen is a far better fighter than Anderson Silva since he won 5/7 rounds they've fought.

The judges had Israel Adesanya winning 3-1 as expected heading into the fifth round.

FhbD6uqVsAErBz8
"Official 281 scorecard"
I had it scored a TKO for Alex.

I don't get this type of mentality. First everyone on this site hates lay and pray or wall and stall wrestling/grinder style. Then everyone talks smack on KO artists. Hmmm
They are all in denial like Izzy. Did you see the Post Fight Press Conference? Izzy was angry as can be and couldn't get out of there soon enough. It's all B.S., just like most of the stuff on these boards now. Many picked Izzy and can't come to grips with it yet. As a sidenote is the fact that Izzy showed up to the PFPC looking like Chewbacca's little brother.

Alex learned from Glover that being up 3-1 doesn't mean shit if the 5th round is still open

Izzy failed to learn from his Naija brother Kamaru who was also up 3-1 and got KTFO

He was winning.

And then he lost.

Early stoppage probably but he got hurt and couldn't finish the fight himself. I don't think Pereira holds the belt for long but congrats to him for the win

But he literally was...
That’s just how it works. Only in MMA can the winner of a big fight be criticized because they didn’t win the majority of the rounds. They don’t have a rematch week during the Olympics so we can see who REALLY won gold. Unlike the UFC where winning a title is almost meaningless unless you beat the guy another time.

Let's say the fight doesn't get stopped and Izzy does survive...

At best the 5th round is a 10-8 and it's a draw on the scorecards. Any kind of argument toward Izzy was "winning".. is retarded.

Oh well

Read my signature.

Israel should have imanari rolled for the entirety of round 5.. he had it in the bag.

He was winning.

And then he lost.

Early stoppage probably but he got hurt and couldn't finish the fight himself. I don't think Pereira holds the belt for long but congrats to him for the win

Early stoppage? He was being hit over and over and stopped intelligently defending himself. If fact he want even defending himself before the ref stepped in, had head low staring at the ground praying Alex would miss his next shot.

That was a great stop by the referee.

You have to give the unscored 5th to Alex. When you do that it was 3-2, a close fight.

So Alex Corner correctly told him to go for the KO.

Back