Alex Pereira: "Jiri rematch will be same outcome, he cannot evolve as much as me" (paraphrase)

jackleeb

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
interesting take-aways:
- alex believes since jiri already has over 20 mma fights, jiri's fighting ways is more fixed and established now. harder for jiri to improve now because of old habits
- alex believes that everyone is always evolving, but his rate of improvement in mma still has much potential, especially compared to everyone else

so it's not about age (jiri will be 31/32 when they fight again, alex will be 36/37),
but number of mma fights (not just fights, since alex has a ton of kickboxing history)

thoughts?

alex.jpeg

Last edited:
interesting take-aways:
- alex believes since jiri already has over 20 mma fights, his fighting ways are more fixed and established now. harder for jiri to improve now because of old habits
- alex believes that everyone is always evolving, but his rate of improvement in mma still has much potential, especially compared to everyone else

so it's not about age (jiri will be 31/32 when they fight again, alex will be 36/37),
but number of mma fights (not just fights, since alex has a ton of kickboxing history)

thoughts?

View attachment 1042164
Then why even have the rematch?

Then why even have the rematch?

"easier" title defense + huge ppv payday ?

fighters like to fight against people with:
- a good track record
- star power
- people they think they have a favorable style against

jiri matches all 3 criteria, magomed ankalaev doesn't (and alex also wants to fight sooner)

Alex will achieve his final form in due time, like a Pokemon.

He is probably right, but I will be cheering for Jiri to reclaim his rightful title back.
Then go down to MW and wreck everybody.

Alex is right in the way of absolute improvement. There's more room for Alex than Jiri to evolve.

But in terms of the specific fight, he's not right. Jiri absolutely can change his game to a level that he becomes a threat to or even beats Alex.

Specific change vs general change.

I mean he ain't wrong. Jiri still just ignores leg kicks.

Prochazka was dominating him untill the KO , he can win for sure .

Jiri is not even a long reigning champion. Why is he considered for a rematch so quick? It's a movie I don't want to rewatch right now.

Jiri is a pretty level-headed thinking guy. I think he is going to make adjustments and "improve" for a rematch.

Spot on.
Some guys evolve from fight to fight some stay the same or barely change their whole career. Alex changed following his KO loss to Adesanya and became way less reckless when pressuring while Jiri was struggling even more with leg kicks in his last fight.

If Rakic had serious power Jiri would have gotten slumped of course Poatan likes his chances.

He probably lining up the Hill rematch if Hill KO's Round 3

Back