Media Alex Pereira next to 6’9” GLORY heavyweight Jamal Ben Saddik

Who wins if they were to fight (open weight) ?

• Total voters
I don’t know, he trained a bit MMA with Reem the other day, but I think he wants to touch GLORY-gold first before anything.
JBS definitely would be fun addition though:

Have you ever seen his fights (trilogy) against Rico Verhoeven? Those are must watch tv bro:

Just watched 2&3, holy shit those were great wars!!

Thanks for sharing.

Just watched 2&3, holy shit those were great wars!!

Thanks for sharing.
Yeah man those fights were insane! Was this the first time you watched the Rico Verhoeven vs Jamal Ben Saddik trilogy?

I see JBS as the tournament favorite for the December 8-man heavyweight Grand Prix tbh.
He’s just a different animal and already appears to be in great shape!

Yeah man those fights were insane! Was this the first time you watched the Rico Verhoeven vs Jamal Ben Saddik trilogy?

I see JBS as the tournament favorite for the December 8-man heavyweight Grand Prix tbh.
He’s just a different animal and already appears to be in great shape!

First time.

I follow the UFC, big boxing events like Spence v Crawford or any Fury/AJ/Usyk/ Wilder and maybe Andy Ruiz & Luis Ortiz. "Fairweather fan" is an appropriate term.
(Though I grew up as a boxing fan and love boxing history)

I like kickboxing but have only found myself watching it when it was an MMA star like Overeem or Israel, or Hunt or CroCop. I watched Reems epic K1 GP tournament run and saw his fights with Badr Hari.
Big hyped up stuff that falls in my lap.

I really like the fan culture of kickboxing which doesn't seem to have the same "guy who lost was always trash" bullshit attitude that we often see in MMA and boxing. Fans seem to understand it is a dangerous sport and guys who face elite fighters are gonna get caught from time to time.

I have been watching some BKFC lately too. I enjoy the high KO rate and significant amount of damage. Those guys are a bit crazy to risk their face like that.

But yeah, I am down for great contact sports of a lot of different varieties, I just don't have the time or commitment to follow them all, so feel free to post about good fights coming up or events you are attending, etc.

Alex celebrating the win over Izzy.

gold-homer-homer-simpson.gif

That’s a hell lot of knockouts in one picture!
Pic is from a GLORY event a few months ago.

At 275 lbs, Jamal Ben Saddik’s nickname literally is “The Goliath”

View attachment 992088

View attachment 992089

Alex is a big boy, I can’t wait to see LHW-Poatan back in action next week. The extra mass should do him good:cool:
well....someone is lying about their height.,,,,,

supposedly 6'9" next to 6'4"...... obviously from that photo they are *not* 56 inches difference in height (assuming they're wearing similar shoes).

I don’t know, he trained a bit MMA with Reem the other day, but I think he wants to touch GLORY-gold first before anything.
JBS definitely would be fun addition though:

Have you ever seen his fights (trilogy) against Rico Verhoeven? Those are must watch tv bro:

Collision #3 was great !!
Saddik just didnt have the stamina and heart of Rico.
He was exhausted and couldnt even lose with honor, kinda semi-shrugging like wondering why it was stopped. PFFFFF!!!!!

I thought the ref was FAR too fussy. Jumped in constantly;. he should have just let them get on with it more. didn't like the ref. A good ref shouldnt get noticed much.

That’s a hell lot of knockouts in one picture!
Pic is from a GLORY event a few months ago.

At 275 lbs, Jamal Ben Saddik’s nickname literally is “The Goliath”

View attachment 992088

View attachment 992089

Alex is a big boy, I can’t wait to see LHW-Poatan back in action next week. The extra mass should do him good:cool:
The man in the last picture on the left is an HW kickboxer ?

First time.

I follow the UFC, big boxing events like Spence v Crawford or any Fury/AJ/Usyk/ Wilder and maybe Andy Ruiz & Luis Ortiz. "Fairweather fan" is an appropriate term.
(Though I grew up as a boxing fan and love boxing history)

I like kickboxing but have only found myself watching it when it was an MMA star like Overeem or Israel, or Hunt or CroCop. I watched Reems epic K1 GP tournament run and saw his fights with Badr Hari.
Big hyped up stuff that falls in my lap.

I really like the fan culture of kickboxing which doesn't seem to have the same "guy who lost was always trash" bullshit attitude that we often see in MMA and boxing. Fans seem to understand it is a dangerous sport and guys who face elite fighters are gonna get caught from time to time.

I have been watching some BKFC lately too. I enjoy the high KO rate and significant amount of damage. Those guys are a bit crazy to risk their face like that.

But yeah, I am down for great contact sports of a lot of different varieties, I just don't have the time or commitment to follow them all, so feel free to post about good fights coming up or events you are attending, etc.
Oh nice, thanks for the extended reply bud!

Looks like you’re an allround combat sports fan like me who follows a lot of disciplines:)

I follow MMA, kickboxing and boxing, not so much BKFC (only the “big” fights like for example Rockhold-Perry). Do you also watch regular events? And are they high on the entertainment level? Most of the times there’s just a lack in name recognition, but maybe I should give it a try.

Btw, in two weeks is GLORY 87, with a 4-man heavyweight qualifier tournament and lightweight title-fight. Do you plan on watching that one?
I’ll also attend the press conference and weigh-ins as a member of the media.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JonSable
Back