Media Alex Pereira Says He's Fighting vs Jiri Prochazka NEXT - "Giving Up" On Moving To Heavyweight

Jiri is the only fight to make if Ankalaev isn't ready to go.

It's BS that the UFC failed to sign Nemkov last year. All the money in the world and they don't bring in possibly the best LHW in the world.

Ummm like I don't mind seeing Pereira/Jiri 2, but Ankalaev is right there dude. I'd rather see the fresh matchup that has an interesting style clash.
Agreed, Ankalaev should be the next challenger for the belt and we have far too many rematches in UFC title fights these days, I have rematch fatigue. Lets have some new fresh matchups.

I really love that Alex wants to be a real champion though and actually defend the belt against the LHW contenders.

Will be a good fight but why feed him Jiri? Jiri blocks punches with his chin, wouldn’t it be good if someone else got a chance to beat Pereira and not a guy with terrible defence?

Jiri is the only fight to make if Ankalaev isn't ready to go.

It's BS that the UFC failed to sign Nemkov last year. All the money in the world and they don't bring in possibly the best LHW in the world.
Nemkov moved up to HW anyways.

Ankalev will shoot on him. Jiri doesn't really shoot.
There's no guarantee. Ank has pretty bad fight IQ but still you're right that it's a more interesting matchup for the possibility

Too soon for a rematch, especially when there are other contenders waiting

All these quick rematches are stalling the division and holding back contenders. I remember when rematches were rare in the UFC, and actually got fans excited because there were compelling storyline and buildup behind them
Remember looking forward to Chuck-Tito 2 to watch Chuck merc him again lol

I'm not sure why this is evoking such outrage. Ank didn't wanna fight until like late summer, or fall, or some shit, and Alex made it clear he's not waiting around all year for that.
I assume the people crying that he's ducking Ank here either don't bother to read into things, are Russians, or are just fucken morons.

Ankalev will shoot on him. Jiri doesn't really shoot.
Jiri was shooting when he got TKO'd in the last fight. Ankalaev doesn't shoot much and doesn't have a very good success rate when he does. Jiri's wild style makes for the more dangerous matchup.

To the people suggesting the Jiri fight is only happening cause Alex wants to fight sooner than what Ankalaev suggested. Tell me what event is it supposed to happen at? When I look at the timeline I don't see anything sooner than September/October at the earliest, going by how UFC likes to schedule fights. Well, I don't see it happening at Manchester or Perth. UFC Sphere and UFC Abu Dhabi(which Anakalaev suggested) is after that and UFC Sphere has heavily been rumored to be Sean or Ilia headlining. That leaves UFC Abu Dhabi which for some reason many think is an absurd suggestion by Ankalaev.

Would be funny as hell if Alex Pereira- Jiri ends up happening at MSG which is a whole month after the date Ankalaev suggested that got the entire forum riled up.

To the people suggesting the Jiri fight is only happening cause Alex wants to fight sooner than what Ankalaev suggested. Tell me what event is it supposed to happen at? When I look at the timeline I don't see anything sooner than September/October at the earliest, going by how UFC likes to schedule fights. Well, I don't see it happening at Manchester or Perth. UFC Sphere and UFC Abu Dhabi(which Anakalaev suggested) is after that and UFC Sphere has heavily been rumored to be Sean or Ilia headlining. That leaves UFC Abu Dhabi which for some reason many think is an absurd suggestion by Ankalaev.

Would be funny as hell if Alex Pereira- Jiri ends up happening at MSG which is a whole month after the date Ankalaev suggested that got the entire forum riled up.
I don’t know the date, but maybe Alex just tells the UFC one date he is interested to fight and nothing else fits his scedule. They just have find an opponent, because timelines and so on.

We just had an another champ to set the blueprint for this type of behavior, sadly.

I don’t know the date, but maybe Alex just tells the UFC one date he is interested to fight and nothing else fits his scedule. They just have find an opponent, because timelines and so on.

We just had an another champ to set the blueprint for this type of behavior, sadly.
Im just trying to make sense of this. Alex rejected Ankalaev on the premise "I don't want to fight at the end of the year" but when you look at the timeline the Jiri fight will most likely be fought at the end of the year...

Maybe he just doesn't want to fight Ankalaev.

Too soon for a rematch, especially when there are other contenders waiting

All these quick rematches are stalling the division and holding back contenders. I remember when rematches were rare in the UFC, and actually got fans excited because there were compelling storyline and buildup behind them
This has always been my argument. The UFC loves making a story out of something and getting wins in between is how you do it genuinely. When Sonnen lost to Silva the first time the whole anticipation was watching him beat Stann and Bisping so we could see the rematch. THAT made it cool. I guess the UFC figures "why wait 2-3 years when we could reschedule in 2-3 months?". It's shit, instant cashing out on a story and then on to the next one.

Ank is on a 10 fight win streak that should be 12 fights actually
On "shoulds", he should have a DQ loss in his first fight against Johnny Walker.

Ankalaev is being a diva wanting to fight in UAE. Trying to dictate where and when a title fight should take place while just being the challenger lol

Let him wait and let the Champ be active.

Im just trying to make sense of this. Alex rejected Ankalaev on the premise "I don't want to fight at the end of the year" but when you look at the timeline the Jiri fight will most likely be fought at the end of the year...

Maybe he just doesn't want to fight Ankalaev.
Or maybe their timelines and wishes just don’t meet with eachother? Who knows.

Jiri is outclassed on technique. His only chance is to do what he did last time by making these odd haphazard big risk moves that may or may not pay off. I suppose he has a "puncher's chance" but he will need a KO, because a KO is coming his way. Poatan has his number. I have no need to see this again.

Perhaps Jiri is giving Poatan his quick turnaround for that south american event though... & if that's the case & it gets Poatan straight back in there, then fook it... lets do it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GringoRonin
Back