Media Alex Pereira Says He's Fighting vs Jiri Prochazka NEXT - "Giving Up" On Moving To Heavyweight

Fair enough, bud.

Did he really demand it to be later this year, or was that just a suggestion/request?
Ankalaev asked to fight AP in Abu Dhabi october. That's the tricky part. He sent it out there on twitter but im sure he'll take on the title fight if it would happen earlier.

I would be ok with it, it was a bs stoppage the first time and at least Jiri is coming off a great win

Ankalaev isn’t ready to fight when the champ is ready to fight so he is going to get passed up.
F'n Gospel !

ANY contender for Alex lacks brain cells to not be ready when Alex is.​

Ankalev wants to wait until end of year, Pereira was looking to fight as early at UFC 301 - different animals

Alex has the belt & the world's admiration. Ank had an Anthony Smith fight.

Different animals for sure.​

Last edited:
Oh no! Now Jonny Bones wont get this fight he was all excited about and will only be left with Tom Aspinal.

He wants to fight Jones.

'Honored' Alex Pereira loves Jon Jones fight pitch, but needs UFC green light for heavyweight shift​

Alex Pereira admits he was caught off guard Friday morning as the phone notifications rolled in.

During a UFC 301 fight week in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil that he won’t compete on, the promotion’s light heavyweight champion Pereira (10-2 MMA, 7-1 UFC) is the center of attention once again thanks to a series of tweets by UFC heavyweight champion Jon Jones.

“Yeah, it caught me by surprise, especially after I saw the first message. I didn’t really expect to see that this morning. I know we’ve been doing a very good job. There’s all this hype around me right now. I spoke about going up to heavyweight to fight on this card. I knew it’d catch some eyes eventually. I didn’t expect it to be so fast. But I was very honored and it was a very respectful message, so it was fun.” (...)

For me to move up to heavyweight, I need some time – but not that much time because I’m already a big guy. So if they give me the green light and say, ‘Hey, this fight is happening,’ I’m 100 percent getting ready for it.”

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2024/05/ufc-news-alex-pereira-vs-jon-jones-response-interview-poatan

This smells like a duck from Pereira. I’ll withhold judgment but from the outside he’s picking someone he already knocked out over a more deserving contender who is stylistically much tricker for him. Not a good look.

Back