Media Alex Pereira trains with former foe Yousri Belgaroui to prepare for Israel Adesanya

Who is going to win the quadrilogy?

• Total voters
TS is just being humble. I speak Dutch and the podcast guy actually said:

Gilbert Yvel asked: "What did he look like?"
Dennis replied with: “Big, he’s a Sherdogger, man. I really had to like (looks up in the air), yeah a big dude. Those Sherbros are freaks.”

And then he continues reading his question.

Last edited:
BoxerMaurits is friends with Robin Black?

If you are friends with Robin Black then you are no friend of mine.

hqdefault.jpg

1432738451Robin.jpg

8du77aXVfKe41zqv.jpg

Interesting. I hope Alex is ready for Izzy's TD spamming, though. Lol, very cool adventures. Robin Black, though. You need to be constantly giving him shit about this whenever you talk to him:

I met Yousri at Levels Fight League (LFL) in Amsterdam, where he commentated the event together with my good old friend Robin Black:)

View attachment 977034

Yousri told me he’ll probably be fighting for LFA next, and if he does well, he has a good chance of entering the UFC. Yousri said that Pereira’s manager Jorge Guimarães fixed this for him. The training with Glover Teixeira and Alex Pereira definitely helped him up his game. Yousri also said he’s very excited to help Pereira prepare for Adesanya and train with all the great fighters at Teixeira MMA.
In the interview below you see me in a conversation with Yousri (in the background), where we’re talking about all this (timestamped):

I also spoke to the interviewer, Dennis Kornman, who’s the Dutch guru when it comes to combat sports.
He’s the executive producer of UFC on Eurosport NL and host of Dutch MMA podcasts “Vechtersbazen” and “De Gouden Kooi” (together with former UFC- and PRIDE-fighter Gilbert Yvel and Big Marcel Dorff).
He already knew me (but just by name), due to interaction via the podcast

View attachment 977035

And here Dennis talks to Gilbert Yvel and Big Marcel Dorff about meeting me at LFL 6 on his podcast the day after, lol (timestamped):

Some context and translation:

I send in a question for the podcast and asked them (Dennis, Gilbert and Marcel) something about the LFL event in the Q/A part of the podcast, and when my question popped up Dennis Kornman went like:

“Yeah shoutout to Maurits! Was really nice to meet you at LFL!” He then explained that I send in questions weekly and participate in their betting game and that he ran into me at LFL. He said he liked meeting me in person, while before he only knew me digitally. Following with “I really liked that!”.
Gilbert Yvel then asked: "What did he look like?"
When Dennis replied with: “Big, he’s a big guy, man. I really had to like (looks up in the air), yeah a big dude.”

And then he continues reading my question

So funny they talked about you. Nice little podcast.. We all know Yvels history of knocking out refs and doing other crazy stuff but he is such a nice guy on the podcast.

So funny they talked about you. Nice little podcast.. We all know Yvels history of knocking out refs and doing other crazy stuff but he is such a nice guy on the podcast.
For real, I listen to it every week. Very enjoyable podcast by passionate and insightful combat sports enthusiasts, every one of them brings a unique and special view to the table, and one of them happens to have fought in the UFC lol.

Yeah Gilbert Yvel… he’s had a special career with some weird moments like the referee KO. He’s one of those oldskool fighters who came to bang though. Win or lose, he never went the distance in his entire career, every Gilbert Yvel fight ended by finish, and that with a total of 60 fights !! (41 wins, 17 defeats)

Whatever happens in this Main Event I hope it does not go to decision as there have been some terrible decisions lately in UFc events and the last thing we want is some controversial "WTF?!?!!?" decision in this fight.

Hoping for a TKO/KO or sub., with no weird ref decisions or judges decisions. No controversy Required.
Something definitive so we can all move on from the Adesanya vs Pereira situation.
so you want alex to win? 'cause if izzy wins this shit ain't over.

Do you feel the standing 8 was justified? Would a more neutral ref let Izzy finish?

A neutral ref would have let Izzy finish. Go watch some recent kickboxing, a standing 8 is a rarity. Izzy was a few shots away from ending it.

I hate to get into some conspiracy shit, but when you have your hometown fighter getting lit up and you have a hometown ref.... things will happen.

The whole thing really is such a mind fcuk, its a fluke we are even here. In 99/100 other multiverses it ended in Brazil 7 years ago.

A neutral ref would have let Izzy finish. Go watch some recent kickboxing, a standing 8 is a rarity. Izzy was a few shots away from ending it.

I hate to get into some conspiracy shit, but when you have your hometown fighter getting lit up and you have a hometown ref.... things will happen.

The whole thing really is such a mind fcuk, its a fluke we are even here. In 99/100 other multiverses it ended in Brazil 7 years ago.
Thanks for actually answering lol. Everyone seems to have a strong opinion but I don't watch kickboxing much and when I ask if it's common, most people just say they disagree with it conceptually or don't answer at all. What I wanna know is if it actually happens often, not whether it "should".

Interesting. I hope Alex is ready for Izzy's TD spamming, though. Lol, very cool adventures. Robin Black, though. You need to be constantly giving him shit about this whenever you talk to him:

Lmao<45>
That’s some solid American Pie kinda music

20230115-154315.gif

Back