Alex Pereira vs Bruno Silva

Lights Out 101

Living Deliciously
@Black
Reaction score
One of the more underrated and interesting fights on the next FN.

Does anyone else have the feeling that Silva will get the job done? I’ve been super impressed with him lately, and I get the impression that Pereira might be slightly overhyped around here.

One of the more underrated and interesting fights on the next FN.

Does anyone else have the feeling that Silva will get the job done? I’ve been super impressed with him lately, and I get the impression that Pereira might be slightly overhyped around here.
Doubt he will tbh, the Andrew Sanchez fight didn't impress me at all and KOing Wright is bare minimum

Has Bruno ever pushed for a takedown and pound someone out? If not, he's probably gonna get Ko'd here.

If Alex violently dispatches Silva the way he did Michailidis, then the MW fighters are going to have a very serious problem on their hands.

This should be a great fight, Alex on 4 fight win streak Silva on a very good win streak has lost one fight since 2012! alot of Kos to for both- Title Eliminator- Izzy needs some new challenges

Rumor is that pissrael is planning an early retirement or a permanent move up to 205
etJ7Acb.png

Part of me wants Pereira to skyrocket to the top of the division just to see Adesanya sweat. Alex is extremely dangerous, and I'd give him a 50/50 chance against the champ if they fought tomorrow. He's a bad mf and did some heinous shit in kickboxing.

Nevertheless, he has to pass a few tests first. There are a few good grapplers and wrestling threats in the top 15 that we'd be unfulfilled not to see him have to go though, but this next fight 'shouldn't' be much of a challenge. Anything can happen, but Bruno Silva is as pure of a standup fighter as there are in MMA, but not more pure than Pereira. The fact we haven't seen Bruno finished by strikes is a wildcard factor, but Pereira has been making ground meat out of top kickboxers for years.

Pereira likely lands a devastating counter amidst a blitz/combo from Silva or snipes in a sneaky shot out of nowhere that levels him. Again, anything can happen and Pereira has lost before, but this is the most likely outcome imo, and honestly, obviously. I'm excited as hell for this fight either way, and will be rooting for Pereira (in part due to aforementioned Adesanya sweat), but mostly because he is a random af gift from the JBG's during a sort of weird time in the MW division where there is only 1 real title contender in Cannonier.

TS, I love this thread. I love both fighters. I agree, Bruno Silva finds a way!

Bruno has so much more experience in mma & he has never been knocked out. Surprised he is + money

Alex by violent first round KO …. Bruno is a wild slugger - he will get sent to shadow realm early !

Bruno Silva has some real scary power himself and is very, very durable. Might see a horribly huge upset this weekend

If Pereira wins this I hope they fast track him all the way to Hermansson, it's not as unreasonable as it sounds. Jiri Prozachka for example got to fight Volkan Oezdemir in his debut.

Winnable fight for Pereira, obviously Hermansson would maul him if he gets him down but his takedown game isn't that great so I wouldn't be surprised if Pereira nukes him before it gets there.

If Pereira wins this I hope they fast track him all the way to Hermansson, it's not as unreasonable as it sounds. Jiri Prozachka for example got to fight Volkan Oezdemir in his debut.

Winnable fight for Pereira, obviously Hermansson would maul him if he gets him down but his takedown game isn't that great so I wouldn't be surprised if Pereira nukes him before it gets there.
I think Kelvin is tailor made to beat him. Got that legendary chin and the wrestling to take Alex down.

I don't think they'd give him a grappler though. My thought was he'd be given a top 10 match up with someone like Uriah Hall, but he's about to get smoked by Muniz. Brad Tavares is #12, so I could see that.

The winner of Dricus Du Plessis vs Chris Curtis on 4/9 might be ranked as well, so thats also an option as is Meerschaert/Jotko winner. I think a GM3 type of grappling test would be more likely then a thrown to the wolves type of fight like Hermansson.

Still has a tough test in front of him in Silva, but that's how I think they'll approach his potential next fights. Honestly think they avoid booking him with guys like Vettori and Brunson as well. Plenty of strikers they can book him with all the way to a potential rematch with Izzy.

Hermansson vs Brunson to me seems like the next random fill in Main Event of a Fight Night.

Silva posted on instagram a few weeks ago that he is going to stand and trade because he is a stand up fighter

bet on pereira

Silva posted on instagram a few weeks ago that he is going to stand and trade because he is a stand up fighter

bet on pereira
Not sure this is conclusive evidence that Silva will do something. What if it's just misinformation?
I do agree that if he only stands and bangs w/ AP that Silva is a serious underdog.

Back