Rewatch Alex Pereira vs Jiri Prochazka | FULL FIGHT |

when that first leg kick hit every sherdogger was like :eek::eek::eek:
The leg kick that took Jiri off his feet got the crowd’s attention, for sure.

It you don’t come into a fight against Alex with an actual gameplan to avoid getting hobbled. You’re pretty much fucked already, imo. If you can’t check like Jan.. You need to KO/Submit Alex. And do it within 10 minutes. Or it can become a major issue.

Hill’s team better be ready for that.

video-02-brain.gif

That left hook was nasty. its crazy how he can generate that much power in awkward/unbalanced positions

It you don’t come into a fight against Alex with an actual gameplan to avoid getting hobbled. You’re pretty much fucked already, imo. If you can’t check like Jan.. You need to KO/Submit Alex. And do it within 10 minutes. Or it can become a major issue.

Being southpaw can help and Hill showed in his fight with Glover he can use some pretty high level footwork and angle out well. There may not be a striker alive that can win the leg kick battle against Pereira but I think among the UFC LHW’s Hill might be the best equipped alongside Jan to not get their legs melted in 2 rounds.

Poatans shin is like a samurai sword. He just slashes into muscle and tendon. One or two of those flush, and you are already compromised.

I still can't bring myself to watch this :(

While I'm not sure what the ref's perception was, I have to strongly disagree with DC and Rogan.

Jiri was (and if I'm missing something, by all means feel free to correct me) attempting to drive forward on the TD immediately after having been dropped (true panic TD attempt) and then received ~6 hammer fists and started falling after Poatan landed 5-6 elbow from a position where Alex was bent over

Poatan's position (hips back) tells us that Jiri was dropping back purely due to the elbow strikes; not from a combination of strikes and Poatan driving his hips forward.

If Goddard saw and understood that, then IMO there's no way to question the stoppage considering that the only thing that kept Jiri from flopping back was the fact that his own arms were wrapped around the Brazilian's legs.
Re-watching that last portion, you can see one arm essentially go limp and the right kind of going stiff as he fell back while he taking a further 3 hard elbows.

That's the closest I can recall seeing to a pure knockdown (no hips) to a guy who is already in on the double; although I'd have to re-watch some of the more infamous ones from before.

I’d say Hill should take a gambit and go nuts early, he has the speed/length/power to spark Poatan if the situation is right.

But the longer the fight goes, the more that leg gets chopped, the slower/weaker Hill becomes….so if doesn’t get an early finish, going to be a sitting duck eventually.

While I'm not sure what the ref's perception was, I have to strongly disagree with DC and Rogan.

Jiri was (and if I'm missing something, by all means feel free to correct me) attempting to drive forward on the TD immediately after having been dropped (true panic TD attempt) and then received ~6 hammer fists and started falling after Poatan landed 5-6 elbow from a position where Alex was bent over

Poatan's position (hips back) tells us that Jiri was dropping back purely due to the elbow strikes; not from a combination of strikes and Poatan driving his hips forward.

If Goddard saw and understood that, then IMO there's no way to question the stoppage considering that the only thing that kept Jiri from flopping back was the fact that his own arms were wrapped around the Brazilian's legs.
Re-watching that last portion, you can see one arm essentially go limp and the right kind of going stiff as he fell back while he taking a further 3 hard elbows.

That's the closest I can recall seeing to a pure knockdown (no hips) to a guy who is already in on the double; although I'd have to re-watch some of the more infamous ones from before.
I feel like I remember seeing a better replay that really showed Jiri going out. I think in the normal replay shown in the free fight, the moment in question is blocked by Goddard. Which Goddard was looking right at it, and I can't stand him but think he got this right. Though flash ko's mostly don't stop the fight. Funny enough, Jiri won the Reyes fight after being flashed KO'd by the upkick. So it was karmatic justice for him to lose in similar fashion.

Changed my mind about the stoppage - Jiri's arm went limp and even if he regained full consciousness during the fall, arm going limp from strikes makes it a good stoppage

I didn't just follow Rogan's opinion to thinking it was early, the whole bar I was in thought so immediately, before the commentators could bias anything. But on re-watch it's a good stoppage

Jiri did better than I remembered though, with the top control and some pretty big strikes too

Back