Media Alex Pereira with a message for all LHW’s

Will Poatan do well against UFC’s top-5 LHW fighters?

• Total voters
his money fight(s) was at 185 against the champ and he accomplished his goal.

Pereira is old, 36 in July. Average age of a LHW winning the title is 30.5 years old. Pereira's run is winding down; age catches everyone.

His style doesn’t really rely on speed. And the heavier the division the slower the average athlete tends to be in mma. Especially at LHW, and HW.

If he can win the 205 belt within the next year or two. It shouldn’t surprise anybody if he moves up to HW.

And that would be fucking crazy to win that belt. Because even at 38, 39.. That isn’t “old” for a HW. As long as he has that Left Hook he can beat people. And wrestling at HW isn’t really prevalent as such.

Imagine a guy coming into the UFC at 34/35, and winning the MW title. Moves up to LHW, and wins that at 36-38. Then goes up again and wins the HW belt by age 40.

And does it all with 12 or so UFC fights, and 16 total mma fights (the first 3 barely even count because they were years ago). That would be the craziest, most epic shit ever.

I’m not saying he can do it. But, I’m not saying he can’t either. Alex is just wired a little differently. But Glover said we might see Alex at HW before it’s all over.

If Glover can win the LHW belt at 42, and DC can win the HW belt at 39-40.

Nothing is impossible.

Ankalaev and Krylov are his worst match-ups. Jan to a lesser extent. However they all prefer to stand so yeah Alex has quite a decent chance to shine at LHW. I do not think they will ever match him up with well rounded figthers (unless he becomes champ and and there will be no other option). They will try to squeeze as much as possible from his success because he is such an unique fighter who brings a lot of excitement. Quite sure they want to make Izzy Alex 3 for the title at LHW. Contrary to popular opinion, I don't think Izzy is "scared", just wants it for the title at LHW. All in for more money this way

They're not going to give him Dana White privilege, he's not an island tea drinker or WWE angling Trump rider. His best bet right now for favorable matchups is to go on the Schmo's show and say mean things about Ariel Helwani.

Like i said, a fight against Jan would make a lot of sense, even if we're talking about his rivalry with Izzy.

Even before that, he needs to beat at least one top 10 win and one top 5

Well, Alex has a win over freaking Artem Vakhitov at LHW in kickboxing, and he also knocked Donegi Abena out-cold, who’s the current GLORY LHW-champion now.
To say Pereira simply just can’t do good at 205 is ridiculous

He won't do well at 205 in MMA unless the cherry picking rivals the cherry picking that he did at MW. Even the strikers at LHW like rakic and Jan have decent offensive grappling and are big men.

Here's UFC rankings from their website:
HILL_JAMAHAL_BELT.png

1 JIŘÍ PROCHÁZKA
2 MAGOMED ANKALAEV
3 JAN BŁACHOWICZ
4 ALEKSANDAR RAKIĆ
5 ANTHONY SMITH

I think Poatan can beat any one of these dudes if he catches them early. I do think Jan and Ankalaev can grapplefook him though.
Is Anthony Smith really ranked number 5 at LHW right now? No disrespect, but what the hell.

Give him Ankalaev he'll knock him out. Ankalaev isn't allowed to grapple unless he is severely compromised on the feet. Unless its Paul Craig of course who has zero striking threat who he decided to grapple immediately.

He has a chance of becoming a double champ at LHW if UFC gives him favorable matchups. Hill/Jiri are fighting for the belt, i'd give Alex a good chance to beat either guy since neither are wrestlers. Coming up after having the belt surely gives him the fastlane to a title fight, he probably just needs to beat one guy like a Johnny Walker.

Why do I feel like some people would get way more shit for being an unfathomably big MW for how much cardio and power he keeps into the 5th round.

Then getting KO’d once and running to another weight class.

Mmmmmmmmmm? And I actually don’t have a problem with it, I just know the amount of hypocrites who would completely shit on a fighter they don’t like for doing that.

If he gets the right matchups then I believe he can contend for the belt. He is just so one dimensional. Certain fighters can beat him rather easily. I am really not sold on his brown belt. I am not hating. He really isn't a brown belt. This isn't like people being hyper critical and saying Porier is a fake black belt.

Jamal heel is hiding under his bed praying to the sweet lord Justin Trudeau that he doesn’t have to face Alex perrera in the hexagon or whatever they they call it
What? lol. Whats up with the douchebag Trudeau reference?

Back