News Alex Perez vs Tagir Ulanbekov is set for June 15

Who wins?

• Total voters
I think this will be a repeat of Perez vs. Mokaev.

Perez has the wrestling to shut down Tagir but sadly nothing to offer in the standup.

Quick turnaround.

Of all the Dagis, Ulanbekov might be the most boring and forgettable. He wins another highly forgettable decision.

Buckley and Perez do not like rank squatting
Ballsy turnaround
I expected him to wait for Albazi in September - October

Perez has the wrestling to shut down Tagir but sadly nothing to offer in the standup.

Tagir has a nastier sub game than mokaev, and perez has been submitted quite a lot.

Main event? Or does Perez go from winning a main event to getting demoted at the Apex?

Perez just slept Nicolau really bad.
Tagir got dropped by Tim Elliot
i can see Perez smoking Tagir and putting him out cold

Perez just slept Nicolau really bad.
Tagir got dropped by Tim Elliot
i can see Perez smoking Tagir and putting him out cold

Sleeping Nicolau isn't that big of an achievement and I say that as someone who loves the guy. He has a chin made of tissue paper. So long as you can find his way past his striking defense and counters, anything that lands clean on him has a good chance of hurting him.

Sleeping Nicolau isn't that big of an achievement and I say that as someone who loves the guy. He has a chin made of tissue paper. So long as you can find his way past his striking defense and counters, anything that lands clean on him has a good chance of hurting him.

You have to admit that Alex looked good though sir.
Nicolau is a pretty good fighter as you know, so it's a decent win.

Hoping Perez can pull it off, but I can see him running into a spinning back kick when trying to close the range and getting hurt then panic shooting into a guillotine or ninja choke.

With that said, Perez by flying armbar.

You have to admit that Alex looked good though sir.
Nicolau is a pretty good fighter as you know, so it's a decent win.

Oh Alex looked good for sure, I'm just saying that using the fact that he was able to KO Nicholau as support for the idea that he'll be able to KO any given other Flyweight is... questionable. It's starting to look like KO'ing James Vick or Phil Hawes: i.e., "welcome to the club". The performance was more impressive on the basis of his ability to apply educated pressure and output, not really on the basis of him hurting Mateus.

Nicholau is frustrating because he is well-rounded and uber-talented in some areas, but he only knows how to fight at one pace and as mentioned has arguably the worst chin in the division. He's also a very different stylistic match-up than Tagir.

Back