News Alex Volkanovski vs Korean Zombie Official for UFC 273 main event, April 9th

Who wins

• Total voters
UFC could have made an excemption a la Brock. I'm sure he really wanted that fight. The UFC just doesn't want to.

Why would they go out of their way to accommodate a guy who dropped two of their belts unceremoniously and doesn't move the needle? I don't see them going out of their way to let him cherry pick a title shot.

zombie gets KO'd in the first half round, hes not championship material americans

Always up fer a Zombie scrap but as mentioned. Gotta back Volk for jus so many reasons.

More of a draw than KZ I reckon. They make the rules, so they can make exemptions whenever they want as far as I know.
I'm reasonably confident the the loophole was closed and as I said regardless he's not close enough of a draw to be worth the risk, however small it may be. Brock backfired in a major way, despite the lawsuit from Hunt recently been thrown out.

Why would they go out of their way to accommodate a guy who dropped two of their belts unceremoniously and doesn't move the needle? I don't see them going out of their way to let him cherry pick a title shot.

I thought you were talking about best outcome for you (and the fans) not for the UFC. My mistake. Yeah, I get why they don't want to. Though I am sure they could convince Cejudo to stay for at least a few fights. I also think the first ever attempt at a triple champ would at least move the needle a bit. Probably a lot more than Volk vs KZ does.

Feel like Volk takes it fairly comfortably. But am going to enjoy watching zombie give it his best try and maybe land some big damage that could lead to something.

I'm reasonably confident the the loophole was closed and as I said regardless he's not close enough of a draw to be worth the risk, however small it may be. Brock backfired in a major way, despite the lawsuit from Hunt recently been thrown out.

I think investing in the legitimacy of their roster would be worth it. Not everything has to have an immediate profit attached to it to it be of value for the company. I also wouldn't be surprised if the UFC would be able to find or create a new loophole if they wanted to, if need be.

It's all besides the point though as my comment was more directed at what was the most desirable outcome for us, not what would be in the best interest of the UFC.

I think a lot of people will let their hopes of KZ pulling an upset cloud their judgement.

This is a mismatch.

i agree.

its nuts that people are giving him better odds of winning than masvidal.

the guy got shut out by ortega.. in the standup.

Will be cheering for Zombie, but realistically I don’t see how he wins this fight.

I think investing in the legitimacy of their roster would be worth it. Not everything has to have an immediate profit attached to it to it be of value for the company. I also wouldn't be surprised if the UFC would be able to find or create a new loophole if they wanted to, if need be.

It's all besides the point though as my comment was more directed at what was the most desirable outcome for us, not what would be in the best interest of the UFC.
Us is a pretty broad spectrum there for the record I don't think Cejudo cracks the top 5 at FW and would be easy work for Volk or Max for that matter and a Cejduo matchup with KZ would be a pick em fight.

Us is a pretty broad spectrum there for the record I don't think Cejudo cracks the top 5 at FW and would be easy work for Volk or Max for that matter and a Cejduo matchup with KZ would be a pick em fight.

It is a broad concept. To be more specific I asked the question to Substance Abuse. I was interested in his opinion. You really want to argue every little thing, don't you?

Giga = clear number 1 contender? The guy has two good wins (over the ghost of Cub and shot Barbosa) and a bunch of wins over Gladiator Challenge bums. You're an idiot.

If Giga wins saturday that will be 8 UFC wins in a row. That is a long enough streak to where you should get a title shot.

Zombie looked horrible 2 fights ago against the guy Volk just beat. He has a full 1 fight win streak.

Yet I am the idiot because I think Giga deserves a shot over Zombie? Lol ok.

It is a broad concept. To be more specific I asked the question to Substance Abuse. I was interested in his opinion. You really want to argue every little thing, don't you?
Was curious about your legitimacy of the roster argument, the UFC would be fostering legitimacy by giving a guy who has never fought at 145 a title shot with him not currently being an active fighter nor in the testing pool so would have to in your words either give him an exemption in an existing loophole or create one specifically for him. You're certainly entitled to that opinion but was interested in how you'd attempt to justify it.

Was curious about your legitimacy of the roster argument, the UFC would be fostering legitimacy by giving a guy who has never fought at 145 a title shot with him not currently being an active fighter nor in the testing pool so would have to in your words either give him an exemption in an existing loophole or create one specifically for him. You're certainly entitled to that opinion but was interested in how you'd attempt to justify it.

Having one of the most if not the most successful combat athletes on your roster makes it better. The roster is not the same as the process of how fights are made. And I do think that being a champ or former champ adds merit even in context of a division that he previously hasn't fought in.

I think a lot of people will let their hopes of KZ pulling an upset cloud their judgement.

This is a mismatch.

On paper everyone in the division is mismatched against Volk. Zombie is literally the highest ranked, most successful fighter that makes sense. The only fighters above him just got beat by volk, already been beat by volk twice and pulled out of the fight, and got the brakes beaten off him by zombie besides a fluke hail mary ko and is coming off a loss anyway.

Last edited:
If Giga wins saturday that will be 8 UFC wins in a row. That is a long enough streak to where you should get a title shot.

Zombie looked horrible 2 fights ago against the guy Volk just beat. He has a full 1 fight win streak.

Yet I am the idiot because I think Giga deserves a shot over Zombie? Lol ok.

Of those 7 UFC wins: Brandon Davis (2-5 UFC), Simmons (7-4, 0-2 UFC), Emmers (1-2 UFC), Irwin Rivera (10-6, 1-2 UFC), 36-year-old Omar Morales, unranked past-prime Cub Swanson, and his last/best win over #11 punching bag Barboza. Plus he lost to Austin Springer, who's now in the UFC (0-1).

Even a win over Kattar doesn't put him ahead of KZ anyway. Maybe Giga should fight Bruce Leeroy next.

Zombie's tough but the champ ain't gonna find this one problematic.

Back