News Alexander Gustafsson pulls out: Philipe Lins steps in vs OSP on Dec 10

I can't really remember Philippines, but I guess he will be my pick.

OSP should retire.

I’m not mad about this. I have no idea who Philippe Lins is but I’d rather see him than watch another former legend endure unnecessary punishment.

This guys name sounds very familar but I have no idea who he.

This guys name sounds very familar but I have no idea who he.

Lins won the PFL Heavyweight tournament in 2018 then came over to the UFC in 2020 after sitting out 2019 and immediately lost a decision to Arlovski and then got brutally KO'd by Tanner Boser right after (basically a blown up LHW).

Probably a fitting match-up versus a totally washed OSP, but it should be taking place outside the UFC. Unfortunately in the "just some fights/content for ESPN+" era, this is the new norm for filler - fights that aren't that good and no one really cares about, but it will fill a time slot.

Never been happy at a fighter pulling out, but makes me sad seeing Gus lately

Khamzat, Till, Gus.. They're all training like mad men at tristar gym, collecting injuries left and right.

Am I thinking correctly here, but isn't this OSP's retirement fight? Or am I mistaken?

Lins isn't a bad replacement but it's a worse fight, even with modern Gustafsson being shit. I'll take OSP by close decision.

Well when he recovers good excuse to do Gus vs Reyes I guess. The falling ex title challengers.

100% this the loser retires, the winner loses their next fight and then they retire.

It's ridiculous that both the UFC and Allstars even allows Alex to keep fighting. Zero fucks given about his safety.

Allstars is understandable since it's a despicable club with a shitty culture, but the UFC should just force him into retirement already. Then again, it's a despicable organization with a shitty culture lol.

<Fedor23>

Gustafsson just... needs to walk away before he takes that Edgar type of knockout that leaves it undeniable that he is done. He's had losses but not that big devastating 'He's gonna be shitting in diapers again by age sixty six' demolition of a knockout.

<HisEye>

Am I thinking correctly here, but isn't this OSP's retirement fight? Or am I mistaken?

Lins isn't a bad replacement but it's a worse fight, even with modern Gustafsson being shit. I'll take OSP by close decision.
It's a worse fight for OSP to go out on since Lins can still win fights, if that's what you mean.

I don't think there's any competent fighter Gus could beat at this point.

Back