Media Alexander Volkanovski: "You deserve one in Abu Dhabi. My turn to get booed."

when has a fighter, ever gone up in weight, to take on the champion, without a fight camp, and has won? bummed out.
Did that happen when Randy beat Tim? If I remember right, Randy came out of retirement with his last fight having been at LHW.

I could be completely wrong though. I'm getting old.

Did that happen when Randy beat Tim? If I remember right, Randy came out of retirement with his last fight having been at LHW.

I could be completely wrong though. I'm getting old.
i'm like 90% sure the fight was announced well in advance and randy had a fight camp. bisping comes to mind, but that was at MW, the weight he was already at. no one has gone up in weight class on short notice and beat the champ.

Reactions: HCS
Calling another man “mate” might imply you are slightly bias to the manlet from down under.
My AV might have been another clue. Regardless of any bias that comparison was either a failed attempt at being witty or indicative of someone who genuinely knows nothing about MMA. Your above response merely further strengthens my suspicion I was on the mark but by all means explain yourself.

My AV might have been another clue. Regardless of any bias that comparison was either a failed attempt at being witty or indicative of someone who genuinely knows nothing about MMA. Your above response merely further strengthens my suspicion I was on the mark but by all means explain yourself.
I didn’t notice your avatar (because it wasn’t interesting enough to look at) and your level of MMA knowledge isn’t particularly interesting either. I enjoyed Izzy getting beat and I hope Volko takes his second loss in 3 events also. Volko is a boring fighter who rarely finishes but he is dominant in his manlet weight class. Nothing against Australia or New Zealand but my favorite fighters aren’t based on where they are from but how the perform and how they carry themselves outside of the ring as well as in.

i'm like 90% sure the fight was announced well in advance and randy had a fight camp. bisping comes to mind, but that was at MW, the weight he was already at. no one has gone up in weight class on short notice and beat the champ.
Also Randy spent the majority of his career at HW

I love it!! Always great to see sportmanship like this. Both great and respectful guys.

See this is a real fighter unlike that Mcchicken shit charles olive. Running away because of the location etc.

Never go full retard. It’s unbecoming.
<Neil01>

Did you see the massive cut above his eye??

If I'm completely honest, this fight intrigues me more than Oliveira.

Both volk and Islam are very smart fighters, it's gonna be extremely interesting how they each adjust.
Agreed, but I wanted to see the rematch when Volk isn't coming off surgery, with only 11 days to prepare, while not being acclimated for Abu Dhabi.

Hopefully it's another great fight and we see the trilogy where both guys are fully prepared.

On two weeks notice... that man is a fucking lunatic.

An absolute treasure to the sport.

Fucken oath, I mean if you didn't have enough hespect on his name by now this should be enough.

I wish he was more prominent in Australia, you could make an argument he's our best current athlete

We the audience deserve better . Volko and Charles already lost and after Islam beats him again they will give him Charles again, what next Bobby Green and Drew Dober? The LW division is stacked with fighters who have not received a chance why are we watching reruns instead?

Part of the Abu Dhabi deal surely involves Islam as a main event. Only big balls Volk would take the fight AND still draw. Gamrot, even though he was backup, would not draw as much.

Fucken oath, I mean if you didn't have enough hespect on his name by now this should be enough.

I wish he was more prominent in Australia, you could make an argument he's our best current athlete

I honestly couldn't tell you who the mainstream think of a our best current athlete.

He would be hard to beat as a choice though. Maybe if MMA was in the olympics these guys would get more respect?

Lol I like Volk's attitude here. Regardless of compensation man's mind is spot on!

<36>

I didn’t notice your avatar (because it wasn’t interesting enough to look at) and your level of MMA knowledge isn’t particularly interesting either. I enjoyed Izzy getting beat and I hope Volko takes his second loss in 3 events also. Volko is a boring fighter who rarely finishes but he is dominant in his manlet weight class. Nothing against Australia or New Zealand but my favorite fighters aren’t based on where they are from but how the perform and how they carry themselves outside of the ring as well as in.
Thanks for confirming my suspicions with yet another embarrassing post lad.

Back