News Alistair Overeem suspended for 12 months after testing positive

What should Overeem do now?

• Total voters

BoxerMaurits

The Dutchman
Platinum Member
Reaction score
e55d665c-c293-11ed-b52b-0218eaf05005.jpg

Alistair Overeem tested positive after his fight against Badr Hari in October last year, but was still awaiting the results of his B-sample, which may return negative (but now we know it didn’t).
That fight is now overturned to a no-contest, Alistair has been removed from the official heavyweight-rankings and he’s suspended for 12 months (suspension started after his fight against Badr Hari in October last year).
https://www.telegraaf.nl/sport/1760...reem-voor-twaalf-maanden-na-dopingovertreding

Though, this means Reem still will be able to compete in GLORY's 8-man heavyweight Grand Prix in December this year, as the suspension will have expired by then.
On the other hand, rumours circulated that Overeem would be in talks with KSW. I don’t know if they’re legit, but that could be an option for him aswell.

e55d665c-c293-11ed-b52b-0218eaf05005.jpg

Alistair Overeem tested positive after his fight against Badr Hari in October last year, but was still awaiting the results of his B-sample, which may return negative (but now we know it didn’t).
That fight is now overturned to a no-contest, Alistair has been removed from the official heavyweight-rankings and he’s suspended for 12 months (suspension started after his fight against Badr Hari in October last year).
https://www.telegraaf.nl/sport/1760...reem-voor-twaalf-maanden-na-dopingovertreding

Though, this means Reem still will be able to compete in GLORY's 8-man heavyweight Grand Prix in December this year, as the suspension will have expired by then.
On the other hand, rumours circulated that Overeem would be in talks with KSW. I don’t know if they’re legit, but that could be an option for him aswell.
Wow. He fucked up again. Makes it pretty hard for me to put him on my top ten HW list now that he's been caught cheating repeatedly
Retire. He should retire.
Wbu? Because he's so old do you think it matters? Like he's as bad as Barnett at this point

Wow. He fucked up again. Makes it pretty hard for me to put him on my top ten HW list now that he's been caught cheating repeatedly

Wbu? Because he's so old do you think it matters? Like he's as bad as Barnett at this point
Yeah this isn’t exactly new news, this is the same test failure from the Badr Hari fight. I’m a big Overeem fan, but the guy is 42 years old, has been fighting 24 years, has almost 70 pro MMA fights plus all his kickboxing fights… he should just stop. No need to keep taking damage at all at this point.

There really should be an organization that freely encourages the use of PED's. It worked for PRIDE and they provided some of the most compelling match-ups in the history of the sport.
Ubereem, Vitor, Wanderlei, Arona, some of those guys were juiced to the gills and we as fans are forever greatful to their, *eh-hem*, experimentation. Bring it back.

Back