ALISTAIR OVEREEM vs WALT HARRIS is just stupid

cyrusthevyrus

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
why to waste Overeem against an unknown 36 yo old guy?
why???

it is stupid.

Why not Overeem vs Struve, vs JDS 2, vs one time back Bigfoot, even vs fuking Cain?

he already merked both struve and jds, Walt Harris should be an easy matchup if he can implement his grappling. Im expecting it too look like vs Sergei Pavlovich GNP tko.

why???

it is stupid.

Why not Overeem vs Struve, vs JDS 2, vs one time back Bigfoot, even vs fuking Cain?

Agreed. Reem is not a spring chick, and is very battle worn. One of the greatest HWs of all time, top 3 with Fedor and DC.....but at this point, he needs to only be concerned with getting the one belt that's eluded him his entire career, the UFC HW belt, any fight that doesn't lead to that is useless. I understand he makes 800k a fight, but at this point he's flirting with permanent debilitating CTE issues. Is it worth another million?

Honestly, it should have been Reem vs Stipe rematch, to fight DC for the belt.

Last edited:
why???

it is stupid.

Wtf so you'd rather have him fight washed up guys or cans than an actual top Hw?

potential for a big Heavyweight KO

people love that

Overeem only has a few fights left in him, should have given him the biggest one possible... Cain Velasquez

This or that everybody will watch an Overeem fight doesnt matter who the opponent is

Last edited:
potential for a big Heavyweight KO

people love that

Overeem only has a few fights left in him, should have given him the biggest one possible... Cain Velasquez
He’ll be retired before Cain’s next fight

What's mental is Overeem is debatably one win away from a title shot when you look at that division.

Walt went is on a 3-fight win streak to bring his UFC career to an outstanding even .500 at 6-6, while Reem is a multiple time title challenger. Makes no sense.

The UFC loves Walt, I don’t get it. I don’t think he even deserved the Olyneik fight.

T.S going on my list of posters im starting to dislike lmao been in two threads of his/her and im not impressed

Seems pretty obvious to me. If DC beats Stipe and retires afterwards (relinquishing the HW Belt in the process), the vacant title fight will almost assuredly be between Ngannou and someone else. Ngannou is nearly guaranteed, so who would be the man opposite him?

JDS? Nah, Ngannou smashed him. Cain? Nah, Ngannou smashed him. Blaydes? Nah, Ngannou smashed him twice. Stipe? Nah, would've just lost 2 title fights in a row. Beating Ngannou the first time shouldn't be enough to warrant a 3rd. Lewis? Nah, already knocked off by DC and JDS. I can go on.

The only heavyweights that would make sense are Overeem coming off of 3 consecutive wins since his last meeting with Ngannou and Harris coming off of 3 consecutive wins. Harris may only be ranked #11 and Overeem #7, but that's the state of the heavyweight division right now.

Basically I think there is a good 50% chance this is a title eliminator.

Last edited:
I don’t understand why you would want him to fight Struve if this match up bothers you

I don’t understand why you would want him to fight Struve if this match up bothers you

Or.a Bigfoot who is like 1-9 in his last 10 fights. Harris is better than half the guys ahead of him.

It's the old Wrestling thing. Give Harris a popular scalp to take.

It seems like a decent match up to me. Walt Harris is one of the better new names at HW and Overeem should be fighting someone coming off a win. It's a win/win match up for the UFC, if Overeem wins he proves he's still one of the best, if Harris wins he beat one of the former best and a very popular fighter.

Everyone you named lost their last fights TS(other than Struve who Overeem already beat).

Why should Overeem fight someone who lost their last fight and/or that he already beat?

why???

it is stupid.

Cain is done...he's busy with his pro wrestling now....you do wrestling, when you're retired...while cain may not have officially retired...we all know he's never fighting again.

Meh. HW matchmaking has been wacky for quite a while now. This one doesn't seem especially bothersome.

It seems like a decent match up to me. Walt Harris is one of the better new names at HW and Overeem should be fighting someone coming off a win. It's a win/win match up for the UFC, if Overeem wins he proves he's still one of the best, if Harris wins he beat one of the former best and a very popular fighter.

Everyone you named lost their last fights TS(other than Struve who Overeem already beat).

Why should Overeem fight someone who lost their last fight and/or that he already beat?

‘New’?

Anyway, I think Overeem will win but then I also thought Oleynik would win. Just heavyweight things I guess.

waste of a fight for sure, Reem should be fighting some of the guys higher up the division? why not Lewis etc?

Reem already beat a bunch of Walt Harris caliber fighters recently.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jahmaltheknight
Back