Alita battle angel.

Is this the best live action anime adaptation?

• Total voters
Shoulda watched this in the movie theater. I regret not supporting it. Maybe if more of us had we'd have a sequel in the works. I also thought this movie was awesome. One of the best anime movie adaptation ever.

I loved it, would say yes

It probably help i can't name any other anime/jap videogame inspired western movie that i don't consider shit
Pokemon and Sonic both has been very nice things, but they had so much twisting (the latter specially) to chase the taste of that mythical western audience that apparently can't eat shit if not cooked in some particular way
Sonic ending in particular is like "yes we know this Sonic movie could have been way more close to actual Sonic, but we could not do it without an entire first generic hollywood movie"

I'm surprising optimistic about One Piece tv series

Personally would love see a big budget, close to the source non-bullshit movies of

Street Fighter - basically any director can pull it, just do it martial tournament movie and do great casting... if casting is great and fight scenes good characters themselves are iconic enough to carry the movie just beating the shit of each other

Devil May Cry - Guillermo del Toro or Guy Ritchie

The Legend of Zelda - Peter Jackson type of stuff

Spriggan - Same people who did Alita, would do it great

Lupin the 3rd - No idea who can do it justice lol, maybe Gore Verbinski (director of the Pirates of the Caribbean trilogy) have the right absurd approach to action and chaos lol

Berserk - This is tough. Solomon Kane movie had the perfect vibes here and there, but Berserk would require LOT of stuff to don't fail
It's probably the manga with highest potential as a movie, but also one of the most unlikely to be done right. To begin with can't be a single movie, wich itself is already an huge barrier
Jew see the Golden Age arc anime trilogy? I thought it was pretty well done. That’s actually what got me into Berserk.

Jew see the Golden Age arc anime trilogy? I thought it was pretty well done. That’s actually what got me into Berserk.
Yeah i liked it
I liked also very first old anime

Reactions: JSN
Saw it, one of the dumbest movies I’d seen in a while at the time. Would not recommend.

The Kung Fu flick style pub brawl was great. Loved the old school Hong Kong vibe of how it kicked off. The start of the Murderball game where Alita went all from "shuck guys, take it easy on me" to you're all dead meat in a second cracked me up. That was a great action sequence as well.

Didn't know anything about the story beforehand but enjoyed the movie.

Yeah i liked it
I liked also very first old anime

Damn dog if I’d heard of that prior, I’d forgotten. What is the best source for to watch it?

Damn dog if I’d heard of that prior, I’d forgotten. What is the best source for to watch it?
Idk looking for the trailer on YT i seen there was a guy posting some episodes, but it was'nt the complete sequence

Here you got ep1

Ep 2

Here a playlist with 3,4 and 6

Guess if you dig bit around you will find 5 and others

Reactions: JSN
I never saw the film, but I've seen the old anime OVAs. Not too bad.

It probably help i can't name any other anime/jap videogame inspired western movie that i don't consider shit
Pokemon and Sonic both has been very nice things, but they had so much twisting (the latter specially) to chase the taste of that mythical western audience that apparently can't eat shit if not cooked in some particular way
Sonic ending in particular is like "yes we know this Sonic movie could have been way more close to actual Sonic, but we could not do it without an entire first generic hollywood movie"

Personally would love see a big budget, close to the source non-bullshit movies of

Street Fighter - basically any director can pull it, just do it martial tournament movie and do great casting... if casting is great and fight scenes good characters themselves are iconic enough to carry the movie just beating the shit of each other

Lupin the 3rd - No idea who can do it justice lol, maybe Gore Verbinski (director of the Pirates of the Caribbean trilogy) have the right absurd approach to action and chaos lol

Berserk - This is tough. Solomon Kane movie had the perfect vibes here and there, but Berserk would require LOT of stuff to don't fail
It's probably the manga with highest potential as a movie, but also one of the most unlikely to be done right. To begin with can't be a single movie, wich itself is already an huge barrier
For berserk I would be more than happy with a good anime adaptation. Been so long, and the original short run thats stops after his origin and the band of the hawk stuff is still the best we've got.

Didnt watch, CG looked ass?
It's mostly really good. There's just a ton of it so not every single shot is going to be a masterpiece. And you've got to remember that Alita herself is 100% CGI, top to bottom.

For berserk I would be more than happy with a good anime adaptation. Been so long, and the original short run thats stops after his origin and the band of the hawk stuff is still the best we've got.
Tbh i'm ok with anime we got

Iirc netflix castlevania guy wanted put hands on berserk and i wish he stays the fuck away, western fake anime are one of worst trends ever lol

At the moment first thing i wish is somebody pick up the duty to complete the manga after Miura's death, iirc rumor is we even have some elements of what future of the story would have been

Art style wise the artist that does Cestvs would be perfect, closest you can get to KM art

After that live action would be cool if done right
I legit believe Berserk if done right would be one of the very few anime that would make an epic movie able to become iconic

Think about it, can't think a single sword-in-da-face movie remotely close to Berserk coolness in terms of characters, and story is shocking enough to stand out

Casting would be hell though lol, good risk of kill the thing before it begins lol
30 years ago young Dolph Lundgren would have made an epic Guts, but today idk

Last edited:
Tbh i'm ok with anime we got

Iirc netflix castlevania guy wanted put hands on berserk and i wish he stays the fuck away, western fake anime are one of worst trends ever lol

At the moment first thing i wish is somebody pick up the duty to complete the manga after Miura's death, iirc rumor is we even have some elements of what future of the story would have been

Art style wise the artist that does Cestvs would be perfect, closest you can get to KM art

After that live action would be cool if done right
I legit believe Berserk if done right would be one of the very few anime that would make an epic movie able to become iconic

Think about it, can't think a single sword-in-da-face movie remotely close to Berserk coolness in terms of characters, and story is shocking enough to stand out

Casting would be hell though lol, good risk of kill the thing before it begins lol
30 years ago young Dolph Lundgren would have made an epic Guts, but today idk
Did you not like Castlevania? I expected it to be bad because most Netflix original anime is, but I thought it was quite good. Especially the action, very fluid and visceral. I think it would be a great fit for berserk.

Berserk would have to be a series. Too much to do it in movies unless they do it Harry Potter style and do like 8 movies. The Golden Age arc movie trilogy was really well done, but even that left a few important parts out in order to make it into 3 movies.

Did you not like Castlevania? I expected it to be bad because most Netflix original anime is, but I thought it was quite good. Especially the action, very fluid and visceral. I think it would be a great fit for berserk.
I thought Castlevania turned out great. Better than the majority of actual Japanese anime in the last decade.

I thought Castlevania turned out great. Better than the majority of actual Japanese anime in the last decade.
That was about how I felt. Fan of the source material but not a superfan. Still avoided it when it first came out, because I'd watched some other Netflix original anime and it was trash. When I eventually gave it a try I was surprised at how good it was. Great action, story, voice acting, and characters. And some fun Easter eggs from the games. I think they would be a great fit for berserk. The themes are actually pretty similar, it's slightly less bleak than berssrk but they're in the same neighborhood.

Mixed feels about it

Liked it more than any other fake anime, and had plenty of good points.
Overall positive
At same time lot of stuff feels off, and lot of western bullshit that seems have little to do with Castlevania and lot to do with netflix/writer make me wish my fav jap stuff don't get touched by them

I don't like much the idea of use current decline of anime as step to say western anime are cool, because to me atm both feel kinda mediocre (wich doea'nt mean "bad") compared to great jap shit of past years

I mean imagine what could have been a Castlevania SotN done by Vampire Hunter D:bloodlust people, and get sad about times we live in lol

Last edited:
Mixed feels about it

Overall positive
At same time lot of stuff feels off, and lot of western bullshit that seems have little to do with Castlevania and lot to do with netflix/writer make me wish my fav jap stuff don't get touched by them

I don't like much the idea of use current decline of anime as step to say western anime are cool, because to me atm both feel kinda mediocre (wich doea'nt mean "bad") compared to great jap shit of past years

I mean imagine what could have been a Castlevania SotN done by Vampire Hunter D:bloodlust people, and get sad about times we live in lol
Watch oddtaxi, I would say the only recent anime that can compete with anime from the90s and early 2000s. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Mixed feels about it

Overall positive

I don't like much the idea of use current decline of anime as step to say western anime are cool, because to me atm both feel kinda mediocre compared to great jap shit

I mean imagine what could have been a Castlevania SotN done by Vampire Hunter D:bloodlust people, and get sad
If you were expecting something completely faithful to the plot of one of the games I could see that. I expected something capturing the spirit of the games, and felt like I got that. Also since casltevania games don't really tend to be story driven, I was expecting an original narrative that would kinda suck. But I thought they did a great job with the story. Not perfect, I do have some minor issues, but high quality on the whole.

And the parallels to berserk are definitely there imo. Corrupt churches and government. Proof of supernatural beings, but it leads to utter hopelessness in the population because all of them are evil. A small group of humans strong enough to combat these beings, so there's a glimmer of hope. A tortured protagonist dealing with grief and trauma. That just wants to be left alone but has too much of a moral center to stand by and let evil reign unopposed. Some morally grey villains with tragic pasts, so its not a clear-cut good vs evil story. The protagonist finds powerful magical artifacts that give them a fighting chance against the monsters. He reluctantly accepts allies out of necessity, that cause a transformative effect on him over time and lead to him regaining his humanity and sense of purpose.

Back