Aljo/O'Malley - Early stoppage or nah?

Was the Sean O'Malley TKO stoppage of Aljo an early stoppage?

• Total voters
Yes bro I'm sure you know better than all the ancient wisdom involving the matter

Even you, should know better than that mythical ancient wisdom. Are you gonna tell me bad people have bad things happening to them and only good happens to good? Of course not. Even despite Chris Weidman snapping his own leg after celebrating Silva's leg break.

It's nonsense. It's for people to cope with the reality of how unfair life is.

I was rooting for O'Malley, but I think Goddard was fooled by Aljo's turn face down as turtling. A finish should be a finish.

Maybe Sean skinny frame makes us think it wasn’t dangerous ya know? If it was like Robbie lawler doing the striking you’d be like yep stop the fight

Aljo got faceplanted, wasn't properly defending and looked like he was trying to turtle.

If it was early, it's his fault.

It's fine but it's a championship fight.

Watching it live I thought the stoppage was fine but after seeing some replays this morning I kind of think it was a bit early

NAH

index.php

Some Dawgs would not be satisfied with anything less than Kamaru Usman "eyes wide open" levels of being KOed...
<{JustBleed}>
Watching it live, I honestly thought Aljo was borderline out a couple times before it was stopped, but I haven't rewatched it yet to be fair.

Moments before the stoppage, Sean bounced Aljo's head off the canvas with a heavy right. That prompted Aljo to roll away onto his belly from Sean. From the ref's perspective, that's a clear sign that a fighter is done.

Aljo was done. Goddard spared Aljo from taking unnecessary damage to his head, after he had been nailed multiple times in a short period of time.

I'm kinda surprised how many people here seriously think a ref should wait until a fighter is out cold.

Aldo face-planted and then went out a couple of times from big shots to the chin. Good stoppage.

Looked early at first, but after reviewing in slowmo, it's a good stoppage. I thought it got stopped after Sterling had just gotten to all fours, but he just rolled on his stomach while eating shots in the process and only starter getting up after the stoppage.

Stoppage was fine. With how clean the shots were landing, and with Aljo rolling flat on his belly, I knew it was done.

Maybe a JBG ref would have let Aljo be a warrior, and Aljo could have recovered and survived from that, but this stoppage was solid.

Much better than the kinds we see all too often where a fighter gets rocked, then hammerfists get spammed hitting nothing but arms, then the fight gets called. And even then fighters should know they can't let that happen and got to keep scrambling if they don't want the ref to stop it.

Maybe could have went a bit longer but I was fine with it. Aljo got hit with a number of big follow up shots after getting face planted.

It was early af, and it doesn't look good with the entire broadcast huffing omalley's farts for four hours
Dude faceplanted after the right hand. Then went out cold twice with o malleys hammer fists which woke him back up. I’m all for violence but in the referees eyes, he has to protect the fighter, n after being clearly concussed n rolling onto his stomach, dude was going to continue getting beat the fuck down.

The worst stoppage in the history of MMA.

No way....Sean sniped him, he's won me over these last two fights. He deserves everything he's earned.

I'd have rather they let Aljo go out or fully turtle so there's no doubt, but realistically he was done. When these stoppages happen people always say he was "recovering" but it's not like Sean was going to stop hitting him

No such thing as actual karma. People today just use that term to describe somebody getting what he/she deserves after having done bad things. But there is no such thing as karma where it's some universal force that makes sure it's all in balance etc.

Thanks for that clarification God.

Back