All Aboard: A New Hypetrain At 155

johndhi

If you love a flower, don’t pick it up.
@purple
Reaction score
I didn't see a ton of talk about Khabilov's ridiculous recent UFC performance aside from a couple of threads, so here we are.

without further adeau, here's the one that finished the fight:
izOQ1IqN7sUf7.gif

and here's one with the other suplexes he landed in this one-sided first round:

ib1n3JKeOFpVE2.gif

and him nearly killing a guy by suplex just after the 2:00 mark. oh my G!

This guy is a sick mofo, and I'm on the hypetrain for sure. Anybody with me? I'm a little worried about his ability to outwrestle some of the top 155 wrestlers, namely Bendo, but I think his obvious Sambo dominance will take him far.

His first UFC fight (the one in the GIFs) was at this event:

http://www.sherdog.com/events/UFC-The-Ultimate-Fighter-16-Finale-24719

and it was basically Khabilov suplexing his opponent repeatedly until his opponent went out. dropping him ON HIS HEAD every time. some scary shit IMO, seems like the type of thing you'd think would kill a guy if you don't actually see it happen.

Lightweight hype trains in currently conducting or riding:

Trujillo
Khabib
Khalidov
Means
Cruikshank

Until they lose I'm on board.

I'm not high on Nakahabilidab Khamakijovad or whatever, but he's one to watch.

Yeah after watching that guy;s suplexs and seeing some more stuff posted about him here I'm aboard. Actually a couple of guys coming out of Russia I'm pretty interested in watching.

After that fight i've been wanting to see him fight again

Lightweight hype trains in currently conducting or riding:

Trujillo
Khabib
Khalidov
Means
Cruikshank

Until they lose I'm on board.

isn't Khalidov a MW? or I am confusing Mamed with another?

I really hope UFC can lure him over...

isn't Khalidov a MW? or I am confusing Mamed with another?

I really hope UFC can lure him over...

I meant te guy in the OP. khabilov I think.

But yes I would love for mamed khalidov to come to the UFC and continue the recent improvement of the mw division.

What about when he demolishes that poor little girl with a soda...the guy is a turd. Suplex machine though.

He beat a TUF fighter, have him fight a real UFC fighter and then we'll talk.

I get behind this statement 100 percent. I root for any sambo fighter.

yeah I don't know what it is, but I really enjoy their style and I like the mysticism of it. Mystical to me since I've trained BJJ, judo, folk and greco wrestling, kickboxing, but never actually met a Sambo guy in real life.

kind of brings me back to the Soviet days. some bad mothers over there. Khabilov's body doesn't look particularly built, either, seems like he's all technique.

interview with him after the Pichel fight:

yeah I saw him throwing that soda in McDonalds, seemed pretty whack, but I guess he's a fighter.

I wanted to find his interview with Rogan in the ring but couldn't. Summary is that Rogan said, those were amazing suplexes! and Rustam said, dawg that's just a simple Sambo move.

Back