All Bellator homegrown talents winning tonight at Bellator 201

SalvadorAllende

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
Does this proves that Bellator strategy of getting these 0-0 wrestlers was a really good one?

Ed Ruth is 6-0
Tyrell Fortune is 5-0
Joey Davis is 4-0

And of course we have Aaron Pico who despite his first loss he seems to be developing really good.

I actually love what they did. This should pay off if they can market the ones who end up being really good.

Also.. how would you promote those guys?

They were put against low-level opponents, let's cool it until they're facing better guys.

They're getting built right now.

Most are less proven then the fighters on this season of TUF.

One thing Fortune needs to do is drop to 205. His wrestling is amazing and technical, but he struggles with the size of the guys he's fighting. In pure wrestling, he can beat guys of any weight, but in MMA, he would be able to get more finishes, have a better gas tank, and land more explosive takedowns on guys who aren't 30-40 pounds heavier.

Looking at Fortune's instagram, there's some big 185'ers who are similar size to him that he trains with. I think at 205 he'll look much more dominant.

I think Daniel Cormier long ago proved that Coker’s plan of getting top level wrestlers at 0-0 is a smart move.

No need to waste time when high level wrestling ensures a decent career at the very least.

building them up easily.

Williams lost today, so i wouldn't say all the homegrown talent won. good fight for a wmma

WAS bummed none of them were on the main card. That main card was god awful less than 100k watched it for sure.

WAS bummed none of them were on the main card. That main card was god awful less than 100k watched it for sure.
I can still never tell you why Bellator continues to promote women’s mma. You have some of the best prospects in the game on the prelims and then put Valerie Letourneau on the main lol. I can’t believe I watch the prelims and skipped the main card and did something else. This is ass backwards. The best fighters on the main card Bellator! It’s not that hard!

I like this long-term development strategy by Bellator (much better than the senior-circuit / freakshow fights), but they overall have to do a better job of evenly filling out cards in terms of quality / name value.

They’ll have a stacked card with a title fight and casual-friendly ex-UFC main-eventer, and then 2-3 cards in a row with (no disrespect) virtual unknowns.

I like this long-term development strategy by Bellator (much better than the senior-circuit / freakshow fights), but they overall have to do a better job of evenly filling out cards in terms of quality / name value.

They’ll have a stacked card with a title fight and casual-friendly ex-UFC main-eventer, and then 2-3 cards in a row with (no disrespect) virtual unknowns.
Yeah.

I think they have to do a lot media work in order to promote their own guys. This prelims were "stacked" for MMA hardcores.... these prospects are good and they should be doing more than fill empty slots.

For example, Ed Ruth is the kind of fighter you want to put on the main card in the Mousasi-Rory card.

One thing Fortune needs to do is drop to 205. His wrestling is amazing and technical, but he struggles with the size of the guys he's fighting. In pure wrestling, he can beat guys of any weight, but in MMA, he would be able to get more finishes, have a better gas tank, and land more explosive takedowns on guys who aren't 30-40 pounds heavier.

Looking at Fortune's instagram, there's some big 185'ers who are similar size to him that he trains with. I think at 205 he'll look much more dominant.

His brother fights at 205 for Bellator it's a big and lil nog situation. He's young and can still fill out and he's competed at that weight wrestling he's comfortable there just still evolving.

The many high level wrestlers they got are excellent investments they all are developing at different rates it's fine for them to take it easy they are all young with tons of potential and will be better then anything tuf produced.

His brother fights at 205 for Bellator it's a big and lil nog situation. He's young and can still fill out and he's competed at that weight wrestling he's comfortable there just still evolving.

I'm fine with him staying at heavyweight but I wouldnt let his brother be the reason he doesn't fight LHW. His brother wasn't impressive

His brother is a different fighter he didn't pursue wrestling like his bro he did amateur mma instead.He isn't the breadwinner athlete but still has room to improve for sure.

The many high level wrestlers they got are excellent investments they all are developing at different rates it's fine for them to take it easy they are all young with tons of potential and will be better then anything tuf produced.

Tyrell is 28, dude is done filling out years ago. At 6'2" and 240 with some extra weight, he's a tiny heavyweight. He can stick at that weight, but as soon as he encounters some of the bigger more skilled guys in the division, he's going to get losses. His style isn't like Cain or Fedor where he can get away with the size disadvantage.

At 205 he would be at a strength advantage, his cardio wouldn't suffer as much hauling around heavyweights, and he wouldn't get hit as hard. It's an easier division for him, and a conclusion he will eventually come to after running into some of the top 20 guys at HW.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back