Elections All but one Top Political Leader in the UK and Ireland are (part) South Asian or Black

650lb Sumo

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Prime Minister of the UK - Rishi Sunak - ethnic Indian and practising Hindu

Chancellor-of-the-Exchequer-Rishi-Sunak-2022.jpg

First Minister of Scotland - Humza Yousaf - ethnic Pakistani and practising Muslim

Humza-Yousaf-First-Minister-Scotland-2023.jpg

Impending First Minister of Wales - Vaughan Gething - half Zambian

98b2d4b0cd2b9cc9e3745c37fd13a4c0Y29udGVudHNlYXJjaGFwaSwxNzEwNjcwNDAy-2.59622052.jpg

First Minister of Northern Ireland - Michelle O'Neill - many of her relatives are or were members of the PIRA

2022-ni-assembly-election-13

Mayor of London - Sadiq Khan - ethnic Pakistani and practising Muslim

Sadiq-Khan.jpg

Prime Minister of Ireland - Leo Varadkhar - half Indian and also gay

273af62012d2350c4e20f3bae856fe17Y29udGVudHNlYXJjaGFwaSwxNzAxMzQ5OTcx-2.74648362.jpg

Vaughan Gething has just won the Welsh Labour Leadership election, and is expected to replace the ethnically Welsh Mark Drakeford on Wednesday. So technically the thread headline isn't correct until then but I kept it brief. He will be the first 'Black' leader of a European country (although Wales is not an independent country).

If you want to look at the UK Cabinet, here they are. They are mostly ethnically British, although the Home Secretary, which is a very senior position, is not, nor was his predecessor. The Home Secretary is James Cleverly, who is half Sierra-Leonian.

800px-James_Cleverly_Official_Cabinet_Portrait%2C_November_2023_%28cropped%29.jpg

I also haven't included the King or the President of Ireland, Michael Higgins as those are basically ceremonial roles, unless you believe in conspiracy theories.

2021 England & Wales Census:

Indian: 3.1%
Pakistani: 2.7%
Mixed White/Black African: 0.4%

The ethnicity results from Scotland's last census, in 2022, are not out yet, but we have the data from 2011:

2.7% of Scotland's population identified as Asian, Asian Scottish or Asian British.

Doing the numbers for O'Neill was a bit of a formality but here goes:

1.png

The mayors of almost every major city in the US are black with a couple Asian or hispanic. NYC, DC, Boston, Atlanta, Miami, Chicago, Milwaukee, LA, San Francisco, Seattle, Dallas. Portland still has that cuck that got bullied out of his own house by antifa, Houston just replaced their black mayor with a divorced white lib this year, and Phoenix has that divorced Jewish lady.

Last edited:
It's very natural that as a general populace changes demographics, its people in leadership will as well.

It's one thing that kind of irks me about evidence of "discrimination" by having white people in senior positions at firms. There was a time, not all that long ago, that when you strolled through a college hallway, the vast vast majority of graduates in framed pictures of graduating classes through the years were white. It makes sense given that the vast majority of immigration at the time was coming from Europe, and the vast majority of the already existing population was of white european descent.

It's also makes sense that those from earlier generations that worked hard and succeeded could also afford to help school their kids and help them get jobs. That's just par for the course life. It's as basic as can be. I have no issue with multicultural leadership provided it's generated organically with strong leaders, and not pushing out the most competent of one demographic to replace with another.

The actual representation in business and politics is likely to be different than overall demographics as immigrants typically migrate to big cities that are business hubs for commerce and politics as opposed to rural areas.

First Minister of Scotland - Humza Yousaf - ethnic Pakistani and practising Muslim

98b2d4b0cd2b9cc9e3745c37fd13a4c0Y29udGVudHNlYXJjaGFwaSwxNzEwNjcwNDAy-2.59622052.jpg

First Minister of Northern Ireland - Michelle O'Neill - many of her relatives are or were members of the PIRA

Sadiq-Khan.jpg

273af62012d2350c4e20f3bae856fe17Y29udGVudHNlYXJjaGFwaSwxNzAxMzQ5OTcx-2.74648362.jpg

Vaughan Gething has just won the Welsh Labour Leadership election, and is expected to replace the ethnically Welsh Mark Drakeford on Wednesday. So technically the thread headline isn't correct until then but I kept it brief. He will be the first 'Black' leader of a European country (although Wales is not an independent country).

If you want to look at the UK Cabinet, here they are. They are mostly ethnically British, although the Home Secretary, which is a very senior position, is not, nor was his predecessor. The Home Secretary is James Cleverly, who is half Sierra-Leonian.

800px-James_Cleverly_Official_Cabinet_Portrait%2C_November_2023_%28cropped%29.jpg

I also haven't included the King or the President of Ireland, Michael Higgins as those are basically ceremonial roles, unless you believe in conspiracy theories.

The ethnicity results from Scotland's last census, in 2022, are not out yet, but we have the data from 2011:

2.7% of Scotland's population identified as Asian, Asian Scottish or Asian British.

1.png
{<BJPeen}..also, what the fuck has michelle o neill to do with being black?

I'm not keen on UK politics, but did they each win their elections fair and square?

If so I'm not seeing the issue.

Sure, not exactly representative of the traditional UK citizen but unless they somehow just snuck in there then what's the problem?

The symbolism in the OP is why I kinda hope Starmer wins lol. Gotta have some natives in there somewhere. The Tories are a joke too. UK is so systematically gay that it really doesn’t matter who they elect.

They might as well had stayed in the EU since it appears the EU wasn’t to blame for them being so gay.

EU can potentially be taken over by people with balls as well. Its like against the law to have balls in the UK

Seriously though, the UK sucks.

The USA and Soviet Union had an arms race and a space race.

It’s been a cuck race between UK and Canada the last decade. UK is winning soundly and that is saying a lot.

Absolutely crazy and unacceptable that Scotland would have white people holding public office.

Not sure if this tard knows how time works, but the average age of public office holders and MPs is like 50, and even 40 years ago Scotland was 99.1% white. Even now it's over 95%.

Statistics show that around 95.4 per cent of the Scottish population report their ethnicity as white and approximately 4.5 per cent from an ethnic minority.

I'm not keen on UK politics, but did they each win their elections fair and square?

Sure, not exactly representative of the traditional UK citizen but unless they somehow just snuck in there then what's the problem?
Pretty much.

If the local population is electing them, what's the point of this thread?

I suppose to inform us that South Asians and people with African ancestry can win elections. But is that really news?

Sadiq-Khan.jpg

1.png
<Ellaria01>

Excellent question.

Sunak - no. The people voted for the Conservative Party under Boris Johnson in 2019. When enough people in the Conservative Party wanted him removed as PM, they forced him out, had an internal election, and replaced him with Liz Truss. Then the same thing happened to her and she was replaced with Sunak.

Humza Yousaf - no. Same as Sunak, but with the SNP.

Gething - no. Same as the above, but with Welsh Labour.

O'Neill - yes.

Khan - yes. Elected in 2016 and reelected in 2021.

Varadkar - no. For his first term (2017 - 2020) the incumbent PM was forced out, and the President chose Varadkar to replace him. The second term (2022 - ?) his party (Fine Gael) formed a coalition with Fianna Fáil after the election, on the understanding that Fine Gael would provide the PM for two years and Varadkar would be Deputy, then they would switch.

For clarity, each of the politicans 'parachuted in' to posts replaced ethnically British or Irish incumbents.

Last edited:
Excellent question.

Sunak - no. The people voted for the Conservative Party under Boris Johnson in 2019. When enough people in the Conservative Party wanted him removed as PM, they forced him out, had an internal election, and replaced him with Liz Truss. Then the same thing happened to her and she was replaced with Sunak.

Humza Yousaf - no. Same as Sunak, but with the SNP.

Gething - no. Same as the above, but with Welsh Labour

O'Neill - yes.

Khan - yes. Elected in 2016 and reelected in 2021.

Varadkar - no. Both his first term (2017 - 2020) and his second (2022 - ?) the incumbent PM was forced out, and the President chose Varadkar, who is a member of Fine Gael. The first time he replaced another leader of the same party, but the second he replaced a leader from another party (Fianna Fáil).
If it's anything like Canadian politics, these substitute party leaders are generally offered as sops to certain groups. Even when the leaders themselves try to rise above that they almost always find their reach exceeds their grasp, as it were. They're rarely successful in holding onto the leadership in the next election.

But rofl, THIS,
You know why this thread was made.

Back