All Time GOAT poll

Except two of them cheated for who knows how long. Only sport in the world where roiders are not frowned upon by the fans.

More like the other two didnt get caught. Fedor was a small HW explosively ragdolling 300+lb'ers and shrugging off being suplexed on his head in a promotion that didnt even test ffs.

Dana already debunked the whole Fedor myth

Start at 8:55

I get so tired of people claiming that the only measurement of size is height and reach or being oblivious to any advantages that being smaller may have. Fedor spent his career having a pretty distinct advantage over Heavyweights when it came to his speed, stamina, lower center of gravity and all around athleticism which was definitely in part due to him being more of a natural MW that was carrying a healthy amount of fat for his frame and genetics. Mike Tyson always said he built his game around his frame, that he used his size to his advantage, and that was obviously the case with Fedors too the lower center of gravity helped a lot with his Judo base obviously.

Jones is amazing and I simply think he beat better overall competition throughout his career than anyone else in MMA history besides maybe GSP and Jones basically to this day has the best record in MMA history along with Khabib. I don't buy into the aspect of pound for pound in the literal sense, like obviously if Mighty Mouse was 260lbs with his same skills he'd embarass Gane and N'Gannou but no 260lb man could ever be like Mighty Mouse, size has diminishing returns in many respects, its simple physics.

PS: I don't care about who popped hot and who didn't, I believe most elite athletes across all sports are enhancing their performances.

I think Jones > Fedor pound for pound, but Fedors in my top 4.

1. GSP
2. Jones
3. Anderson
4. Fedor
5. Aldo
6. Mighty Mouse
7. Khabib
8. Cormier

I get so tired of people claiming that the only measurement of size is height and reach or being oblivious to any advantages that being smaller may have. Fedor spent his career having a pretty distinct advantage over Heavyweights when it came to his speed, stamina, lower center of gravity and all around athleticism which was definitely in part due to him being more of a natural MW that was carrying a healthy amount of fat for his frame and genetics. Mike Tyson always said he built his game around his frame, that he used his size to his advantage, and that was obviously the case with Fedors too the lower center of gravity helped a lot with his Judo base obviously.

Jones is amazing and I simply think he beat better overall competition throughout his career than anyone else in MMA history besides maybe GSP and Jones basically to this day has the best record in MMA history along with Khabib. I don't buy into the aspect of pound for pound in the literal sense, like obviously if Mighty Mouse was 260lbs with his same skills he'd embarass Gane and N'Gannou but no 260lb man could ever be like Mighty Mouse, size has diminishing returns in many respects, its simple physics.

PS: I don't care about who popped hot and who didn't, I believe most elite athletes across all sports are enhancing their performances.

1. GSP
2. Jones
3. Anderson
4. Fedor
5. Aldo
6. Mighty Mouse
7. Khabib
8. Cormier

Good list

Except two of them cheated for who knows how long. Only sport in the world where roiders are not frowned upon by the fans.
Yes, I'm sure the Russian HW Pride fighter never consumed anything besides a healthy diet, and as for GSP, mysterious stomach bumps and a detailed knowledge of how to beat USADA testing isn't suspicious at all.

Quit living in fantasyland. Many, if not the outright majority of fighters today still juice to some extent. Back in GSP and Fedor's day, everyone did. Just because neither were flagged by some inconsistent and likely corrupt anti-doping association doesn't mean shit. Welcome to professional sports.

Last edited:
Jones is better than Fedor? The Jones whose wins consist of a string of beating well past-their-prime former champs who were 50/50 in wins and losses in their previous few fights? Who arguably lost to Gustafsson, Santos, and definitely Reyes? The guy whose biggest win was Cormier but blew it because he failed a drug test? The known steroid cheat? The one who had to hide under a ring from USADA? The guy who hasn't fought in forever because deep down he knows everyone has his number at LHW now and he's holding out for one big money fight at HW where he'll probably get destroyed against any top guy he faces? The cocaine addicted, wife beating, pregnant woman hit-and-running guy? I don't think so.

1. GSP
2. Jones
3. Anderson
4. Fedor
5. Aldo
6. Mighty Mouse
7. Khabib
8. Cormier
Size is always an advantage. This is why fighters try and cut as much weight as they can to fight smaller fighters. The shorter fighters you mentioned won due to their skills, not because their body type/height/reach is an advantage. Try and imagine Izzy and Jones fighting bigger fighters than them. How would they do if they struggle so much with just fighters close to their height/size? It takes more skill to be able to beat fighters smaller than you, same size as you, and bigger than you. Izzy and Jones are good at beating fighters smaller than them because they rely so much on their size/reach/height advantage. They don't have a style for fighting fighters similar size or bigger. So they are missing aspects to their game.

Izzy and Jones are skilled, but to me the more skilled fighters are the ones that are able to fight with or without the size advantage because that requires a lot more skill. You have to change the way you fight depending on the size and fighting style of your opponent. Izzy and Jones fights everyone the same because of their size/reach/height advantage. That didn't work on Jan for Izzy because they were close to size/reach/height so Izzy was getting hit in a range that he usually can't get hit because he's so used to fighting shorter fighters with less range/reach. Jan out struck Izzy when they fought.

Fedor fans who want confirmation bias.

Meanwhile, the fighters themselves rarely even consider Fedor in the GOAT talks anymore. They realize his level of competition was low.
They appeared to be low because he made them look like low competition. While Fedor was destroying other GOATS in Pride, the MMA fighters you know now were young and watching Fedor do his work.

Fedor made others look like they had no business being in the ring with him.

More like the other two didnt get caught. Fedor was a small HW explosively ragdolling 300+lb'ers and shrugging off being suplexed on his head in a promotion that didnt even test ffs.
Fedor was on it too, did you look at his body in 00-05? Now compare that to strike forever Fedor and beyond. He found God and stopped using

Jones is better than Fedor? The Jones whose wins consist of a string of beating well past-their-prime former champs who were 50/50 in wins and losses in their previous few fights? Who arguably lost to Gustafsson, Santos, and definitely Reyes? The guy whose biggest win was Cormier but blew it because he failed a drug test? The known steroid cheat? The one who had to hide under a ring from USADA? The guy who hasn't fought in forever because deep down he knows everyone has his number at LHW now and he's holding out for one big money fight at HW where he'll probably get destroyed against any top guy he faces? The cocaine addicted, wife beating, pregnant woman hit-and-running guy? I don't think so.
I'm thinking somebody isn't a joness fan

Fedor, Jones, GSP and Anderson are all pretty much on even footing. You could make a case for any of them.
DJ and Aldo right there with them. You gotta rule out GSP since he retired so early. Imagine if these other guys retired at 32 and how much higher up they would be over GSP without those losses coming in their twilight years.

1. GSP
2. Jones
3. Anderson
4. Fedor
5. Aldo
6. Mighty Mouse
7. Khabib
8. Cormier
And both Mike and Fedor got destroyed many times

Back