All Time GOAT poll

Fedor fought openweight at a different time -- He was the everyman against all manner of roided mutant and alien. He was a level above at a time when the sport was in its formative years.

To me, he moves inhumanly fast for a heavyweight. He takes everybody apart everywhere. He beats monsters in their strengths. Big Nog's guard. Cro Cop's standup.

Nobody in HW lasts forever, and most HWs lose their luster FAR FAR earlier than Fedor did. What about the HW goat Cain? All it takes is a loss to be removed from contention. Fedor's reign lasted longer than any other HW or openweight fighter ever. EVER.

If today's MMA is the 'modern' era, then Fedor's fights and accomplishments live in antiquity. He is the fighter every fighter watches to remember the fact that it truly isn't how big or strong you look, but what's inside that counts. Always the David to his opponent's Goliath.

Jon Bones Jones is the GOAT. Reason: Just because he wins and wins and wins. He is a very intelligent , and careful fighter. I choose him IMHO. The picograms don't mean shit to me.

Fedor still is goat for me. Fedor would have beaten Gsp prime vs prime

This poll is the first one I see where Gsp beats out Fedor, but I'll stick with the dozens before this where Fedor came out the undisputed goat, and I'll stick with the countless fighter testimonies on who is goat (even Gsp himself who bowed to the last emperor) over these ever swaying Johnny come lately, noob mma sherdog Gsp fans.

You better hold on tight to those. They are what?... 20 years old now?

Fedor had a great run, but this is silliness. Sliced bread.. still the greatest invention right?

GSP and Fedor comfortably leading and rightfully so. Undisputed GOATS and whoever feels differently is not watching the sport properly.

Silva for me. To my knowledge is the only MMA fighter in history to get KO’s using feet, elbows, fists and knees, as well as submissions. Just a complete fighter who looked bored when he fought Weidman and was clowning and got caught. Then broke his leg and was never the same.

Silva for me. To my knowledge is the only MMA fighter in history to get KO’s using feet, elbows, fists and knees, as well as submissions. Just a complete fighter who looked bored when he fought Weidman and was clowning and got caught. Then broke his leg and was never the same.
A complete striker but not complete fighter. Silva always had weak wrestling.

Silvas clowning is part of his arsenal. Thats no excuse for his loss.

GSP and Fedor comfortably leading and rightfully so. Undisputed GOATS and whoever feels differently is not watching the sport properly.
fedor losing left and right yet he's in the goat convo while woodley lost one fight in like 3 years people are saying he wasn't even that good

Baphomet

baphomet.png

Picked Fedor, but do you mean current as in active right now?

Almost went other with Earl Manigault.

There isn't a true GOAT in MMA yet. We need a fighter who can DOMINATE 2 divisions or atleast defend them multiple times.

Realistically, I only see Jones doing this, but who knows, the weight jumps aren't small like in Boxing, so obviously it's a hell of a lot more harder in MMA, but man - we'll see someone come and take the game by storm.

GSP lost to Hendricks.

GSP is a great fighter no doubt, but when we are talking about fighters that fought against the odds many times, there's only one in this list that stands out.

1. FEDOR
2. Georges
3. Aldo
4. Bones
5. Spider

GSP = GOAT MMA wrestler
Fedor = GOAT MMA fighter

Every fighter on that GOAT list is capable of beating greats at their own game, or at beating opponents in multiple ways, except GSP. He can only out-wrestle people, and use the threat of takedowns to keep his opponents inactive, and then out-jab them to a decision, or wears them down with short GNP. His wrestling won him all of his championship fights.

Fedor jumped into Nogs (the BJJ in MMA GOAT (at the time) guard and owned him, he out-struck Mirko on the feet. He could do it all. He tossed Olympic medal winning Judokas on their heads, He had every area mastered.

GSP tried taking a chance against Serra, it didn't work out for him well, and then he dedicated himself to wrestling even more. GOAT wrestler.

I always liked Fedor for that position... followed by Anderson.

But as the time goes on... Jon jones has plenty of time and space to solidify his spot... and Anderson is using all his chances and what is left in his tank, to be more and more far from that status...

And i dont see Gsp getting any stronger as GOAT contender for beating Bisping.. he had all his career to try to be a cham-champ, but he only moved for that when Bisping became champ... and now retiring again, Jones has no problem on his way...

aldo with only 17 is disheartening

disgraceful

Back