All Time Stats Ranking

So in football it's often a popular trend to give players overall ratings, egg:dribbling, passing, finishing, stamina, tackling, heading, etc. but all efforts in MMA video games have been poor so far.

Let's try and give MMA fighters attribute stats based on their overall ability. The first step would be to single out what specific aspects of the game are deserving of their own category.

So here's a template:

Kicks(thought it's better to have it's own category than to just put striking)

Boxing(should clinch/dirty boxing be taken as separate?)

Chin(the ability to absorb punishment)

Heart/Mentality

Speed/Reflexes

Submissions

Wrestling
(should ground and pound have it's own category?)

Cardio

Take-down Defense

And there are a few others that would potentially make for good attributes like foot work, strength(this one should definitely be in there but I'm not sure how much it overlaps with striking and grappling). Also,should there actually be 2 separate categories in(Take-downs and grappling) instead of wrestling?

After we settle this, the next step is to assign numerical value to each attribute depending on the fighter. Either 1 to 10 or 1 to 100.

Here's my solution:

10-Arguably GOAT(if there's an individual who stands out as the single best ever only he will receive a 10)
9-Among the best ever
8-World Class
7-Solid
6-Above average
5-Average
4-Bellow average
3-shit for a fighter
2-civilian level
1-complete turd(it should be extremely difficult rating any fighter with this value)

After this thread reaches a decent conclusion, I'm gonna open a PART 2 where we actually assign value to fighters.

Thoughts?

I could be wrong, but didn't the professionals already do this for the EA Sports UFC game? I mean for every other EA game they rank all players on their various strengths and weaknesses....seems redundant to do it again.

I could be wrong, but didn't the professionals already do this for the EA Sports UFC game? I mean for every other EA game they rank all players on their various strengths and weaknesses....seems redundant to do it again.

Iirc, they have like 4 categories.

As I thought, here comes the known troll with his fighter bashing agenda.
You should check my earlier post praising Anderoid bro. I just speak the truth.

I feel bad for not contributing in some way now. TS trying to talk some MMA and that's why I'm here. I've got to give Urijah Faber an 8 or 9/10 on subs. 12 across WEC/UFC. Most finishes in UFC 135 history and they are all subs. Not many utilized them better at the highest levels of competition.

I think most peeps are intimidated by the thought of assigning hundreds of values to dozens of fighters but this thread is just supposed to settle the criteria and afterwards it will be a collective effort.

You should check my earlier post praising Anderoid bro. I just speak the truth.

Anderson bless

He loves you. He has a plan for you.

Do you want to hear the word of Anderson today?

Of course what plan is that ?

Well, it needs to be little by little.

Today you need to learn, that eez normal.

ok?

No matter what happens

eez normal.

It's deep theological teachings. You will see a greater truth in a few weeks of Anderson's teachings.

Well, it needs to be little by little.

Today you need to learn, that eez normal.

ok?

No matter what happens

eez normal.

It's deep theological teachings. You will see a greater truth in a few weeks of Anderson's teachings.
eez normal . Is that right ?

So in football it's often a popular trend to give players overall ratings, egg:dribbling, passing, finishing, stamina, tackling, heading, etc. but all efforts in MMA video games have been poor so far.

Let's try and give MMA fighters attribute stats based on their overall ability. The first step would be to single out what specific aspects of the game are deserving of their own category.

So here's a template:

Heart/Mentality

Speed/Reflexes

Submissions

Wrestling

Cardio

Take-down Defense

And there are a few others that would potentially make for good attributes like foot work, strength(this one should definitely be in there but I'm not sure how much it overlaps with striking and grappling). Also,should there actually be 2 separate categories in(Take-downs and grappling) instead of wrestling?

After we settle this, the next step is to assign numerical value to each attribute depending on the fighter. Either 1 to 10 or 1 to 100.

Here's my solution:

10-Arguably GOAT(if there's an individual who stands out as the single best ever only he will receive a 10)
9-Among the best ever
8-World Class
7-Solid
6-Above average
5-Average
4-Bellow average
3-shit for a fighter
2-civilian level
1-complete turd(it should be extremely difficult rating any fighter with this value)

After this thread reaches a decent conclusion, I'm gonna open a PART 2 where we actually assign value to fighters.

Thoughts?
Love it!

I feel that STRENGTH, POWER, and STYLE? maybe should be included. When thinking of style Dominic Cruz is so unbelievable, could have been one of the greatest but still a GOAT with consideration for limited fights. Brock before illnesses was pure strength that no one could deal with. Then talking about power Mighty Mouse has power way above his weight class. Thanks in advance.

So here's a template:

Heart/Mentality

Speed/Reflexes

Submissions

Wrestling

Cardio

Take-down Defense

Here's my solution:

9-Among the best ever
8-World Class
7-Solid
6-Above average
5-Average
4-Bellow average
3-shit for a fighter
2-civilian level

Thoughts?

It might be interesting also to talk about offense and defense separately for some of these, like ability to takedown vs ability to prevent the takedown, ability to control on the ground vs ability to get up from the ground, etc.

I think people are mixed up. He wasn't asking just pick who you think the goat of all time but any fighter. So I will go my boi bobby.

Heart/Mentality
Speed/Reflexes
Submissions
Wrestling
Cardio
Take-down Defense

An overall ranking is quite complex, the simplest way would be to compile the stats in an evenly weighted manner, but I'm not sure that's would be the most accurate way. Should someone's punching speed be weighted equally as someone's durability and cardio? Durability and Cardio have been proven to be way more useful in MMA, I'd say the best place to start would be a dominant champion like Jon Jones. He's a great all around fighter who lacks in punching speed and power, if you could compile the stats and weigh them correctly he should still come out at a 95+ rating(assuming that 100 is a perfect fighter).

An overall ranking is quite complex, the simplest way would be to compile the stats in an evenly weighted manner, but I'm not sure that's would be the most accurate way. Should someone's punching speed be weighted equally as someone's durability and cardio? Durability and Cardio have been proven to be way more useful in MMA, I'd say the best place to start would be a dominant champion like Jon Jones. He's a great all around fighter who lacks in punching speed and power, if you could compile the stats and weigh them correctly he should still come out at a 95+ rating(assuming that 100 is a perfect fighter).
Thats why I just went with TS. This could be a fun thread but if we spend all day debating the right stats then it defeats the purpose. I mean its just for fun right, aint official.

Thats why I just went with TS. This could be a fun thread but if we spend all day debating the right stats then it defeats the purpose. I mean its just for fun right, aint official.
Yeah I'm a nerd when it comes to this stuff, the 1-10 stuff works too.

ANDERSON SILVA (2006-2008)
anderson-silva7.jpg

KICKS: 9
Boxing: 10
Chin: 9.5
Heart/Mentality: 10
Speed/Reflexes:10
Submissions: 7
Wrestling: 7
Cardio: 9
TDD: 7.5

Back