Almost 16 years later, the greatest HW fight still is Fedor vs Crocop

I loved the Cro Cop vs Fedor fight, that was such an awesome fight, the skill level and speed of them both was amazing in that fight, you don't see HW's in UFC with that kind of speed, Cro Cop vs Fedor was like a very high level LW title fight.

It was a good fight. I don't think it was as great as everyone makes it out to be. I wasn't fan back then, so maybe I just had to be there for it.

For my money, the best heavyweight fight I've seen Couture vs. Rizzo. It was a back and forth fight between two guys with very unique styles. I also really enjoyed Dos Santos vs Miocic 1, even though that was mostly a boxing match.

Cain vs JDS as well

83cae3b5a430a79a2cb7ebc5a518e5ce.jpg

That's the greatest match up although the fights didn't really pan out.

That's the greatest match up although the fights didn't really pan out.
Yep. Only epic fight that flubbed worse was Mcgregor vs Aldo.

Mcregor vs Khabib and Jones vs Cormier 1 are probably the best superfights that were actually decent fights.

it was a good fight, but the best HW fight for me will always be Nogueira vs Bob Sapp. the true test of gritty skill vs supreme physicality.

Barnett/Nog 1 is the GOAT HW fight TBH and it's not close it's one of the GOAT MMA fights in general.

Fedor/Mirko is prolly 2nd tho. Hunt/Bigfoot 1, Couture/Rizzo 1, Mirko/Nog, JDS/Stipe 1, Sergei/Aleks are up there too

Anyway it started out fantastic. The standup portion in the first half of the round was TREMENDOUS. Once Crocop fucked up and ended up on his back,it was over for him.

Fedor has broken his hands tho,so he couldnt close the show like he would have.

Still the importance of this fight cannot be overstated.

Correct for a HW bout but Conor vs Nate II is far better than that.

Back