Almost finished with garage. pics inside.

very nice man. Im digging the title gear/banners. PM me or e-mail me if you ever need anything and I'll make sure you're taken care of.

[email protected]

very nice set up, seems really claustrophobic, but if you got enough space to groove then more power to you! when can i come over and test out some of that stuff?

very nice set up, seems really claustrophobic, but if you got enough space to groove then more power to you! when can i come over and test out some of that stuff?

haha...:icon_chee.....you can come over and test out some stuff whenever you want if you really want to drive to Illinois. I'll admit the equipment is packed in the garage but it's not that big of a deal to move stuff around or to the side. Every once in a while I'll have some friend hold the kick shield/thai pads/punch mitts and we'll have to go outside of the garage for room.

so much over kill.... you could build fedors gym twice with that stuff. not hating or anything just dont get it.

Lots of sweet gear - I'm sure it gives you good variety in your training. More than you need, sure, but hey - I get it. I'm a bit of a gear hound too. There are worse addictions to have, that's for sure. :D

I have a pretty decent setup in my basement and will post pics as soon as I get my Fairtex hook/uppercut box in and installed. It's coming (apparently) from Thailand this December. Crossing my fingers...

so much over kill.... you could build fedors gym twice with that stuff. not hating or anything just dont get it.

It's much like modding a car, once you start you can't stop lol. I know because I'm currently building up my own personal gym.

To the TS, I never tire of seeing your work...it's just awesome. I'll be posting up pictures of mine hopefully within the next couple of weeks, it's about 90% done thus far. Looking at your pics have given me some new ideas all over again lol. Keep up the good work mate.

It's much like modding a car, once you start you can't stop lol. I know because I'm currently building up my own personal gym.

To the TS, I never tire of seeing your work...it's just awesome. I'll be posting up pictures of mine hopefully within the next couple of weeks, it's about 90% done thus far. Looking at your pics have given me some new ideas all over again lol. Keep up the good work mate.

Thanks again M@sato. I'm glad I could be of assistance..haha. I'm looking forward to seeing your gym so please post some pics. If you want you can just put them up on this thread. And did you see the Fairtex vest that we talked to each other about before up on the Balazs heavybag mount?

You have good taste, man... You got the good stuff. And as far as all the people that commented on the limited space, you really don't need that much space to work the heavy bags and speed bags. Perhaps the machines are a bit cluttery but, if you need them, then it's all good.

If you want to move around -- and I'm sure you know this -- all you have to do is step onto your driveway or street, or the gym near your house. But for hours of awesome practicing on fine equipment, you've got it made.

I really want to know if that giant Everlast bag is worth the money. I own the 14" x 48", 100 lbs bag, and it's constructed like crap. The bag settles in some places in a way that could dent a bat, let alone break a shin. Everlast packs bags like crap now.

Just wondering if the giant one that costs over $600 dollars is actually packed well. If so, I can see the utility in owning one.

Please update the thread if you have time.

Nevermind, TS, I read the answer to my question on another page of your thread. I just don't understand why Everlast is putting out such crap. I mean, they just don't care.

When the bags come, and they haven't been hung yet, they feel amazing, almost good enough to sleep next to, like an extra pillow. And the leather feels so nice.

Then you hang them and the packing settles and it makes you hate the bag.

Everlast told me that they add bags of sand to the bag for weight and that the bags will shift from inside of the bag to the outside and then they will settle there and end up being very hard.

They said I could unhang the bag, take it down, and flip it over on the ground and beat on it with a bat to even out the packing.

Seems like a lot of work when there are obviously better bags out there made by companies that care about the products they put out.

TS, what is your opinion on the Ringside Ultimate Classic gloves. They look pretty good. I'm thinking of getting a pair, but just want to know some feedback.

I've used Everlast, Fairtex, Reyes, Ringside. And honestly, so far, the best gloves were the Everlast training gloves that were filled with horsehair (even though they would breakdown after a few months of solid boxing). Also, Ringside gloves protect the hands well and last a while.

The Reyes gloves are probably good for fighting (never fought or sparred with mine), but not good for bag work. And Fairtex are pretty good. I own three different pairs of them.

I'm thinking of getting some Winning gloves, Fighting, or Ultimate Classics. So I can better protect my hands.

Look forward to your feedback.

WOW youre ALMOST FINISHED!? What else do you need?

WOW youre ALMOST FINISHED!? What else do you need?

haha....no more equipment......just some cosmetic work. I want to still take out the big garage door and I need to put some trim around the top and bottom to dress it up a little bit and I might get around to painting it then it should be finished.

TS, what is your opinion on the Ringside Ultimate Classic gloves. They look pretty good. I'm thinking of getting a pair, but just want to know some feedback.

I've used Everlast, Fairtex, Reyes, Ringside. And honestly, so far, the best gloves were the Everlast training gloves that were filled with horsehair (even though they would breakdown after a few months of solid boxing). Also, Ringside gloves protect the hands well and last a while.

The Reyes gloves are probably good for fighting (never fought or sparred with mine), but not good for bag work. And Fairtex are pretty good. I own three different pairs of them.

I'm thinking of getting some Winning gloves, Fighting, or Ultimate Classics. So I can better protect my hands.

Look forward to your feedback.

Ultimate Classic products are very good quality. I have a UC speedbag (which is pretty nice), a UC pair of punch mitts(pricey but are AWESOME), and the UC gloves. The gloves are good quality and fit pretty good after handwraps are put on but they seem a little bulky but maybe it's just the fact that they're 16 oz. and I usually prefer my lighter one's most of the time. I actually don't need the UC bag gloves now because I bought the Ringside adjustable weighted gloves (16 0z. -4.6 lbs.). PM me and maybe I can make you a deal if you're interested.

nice, but toor pack. No space to throw those punches/kicks and move around the bag!

Ultimate Classic products are very good quality. I have a UC speedbag (which is pretty nice), a UC pair of punch mitts(pricey but are AWESOME), and the UC gloves. The gloves are good quality and fit pretty good after handwraps are put on but they seem a little bulky but maybe it's just the fact that they're 16 oz. and I usually prefer my lighter one's most of the time. I actually don't need the UC bag gloves now because I bought the Ringside adjustable weighted gloves (16 0z. -4.6 lbs.). PM me and maybe I can make you a deal if you're interested.

Thanks, TS, for the quick feedback. I do see what you're saying about bulk. I mean, 16 oz-ers are bulky, but the build of the the UC's are kind of bulky, i.e., not very sleek. But they still look like great quality. Now you got me interested in the punch mitts. Those look sweet in the catalog.

I appreciate the offer about the gloves, but I have this weird thing about sharing gloves. I don't let anyone wear my gloves and I don't wear anyone else's. It's not a germ thing. It's like a holiness thing. Weird, I know.

Love your gym, though. You have great taste in equipment. Actually, our tastes in gear are quite similar.

Thanks, TS, for the quick feedback. I do see what you're saying about bulk. I mean, 16 oz-ers are bulky, but the build of the the UC's are kind of bulky, i.e., not very sleek. But they still look like great quality. Now you got me interested in the punch mitts. Those look sweet in the catalog.

I appreciate the offer about the gloves, but I have this weird thing about sharing gloves. I don't let anyone wear my gloves and I don't wear anyone else's. It's not a germ thing. It's like a holiness thing. Weird, I know.

Love your gym, though. You have great taste in equipment. Actually, our tastes in gear are quite similar.

You would LOVE the UC punch mitts....at least I'm like 99% sure. They look a little better in real life than in the catalog or on the net. The leather quality is great, the padding is great, and the feel of them on is just AWESOME with the grip ball made in them. I've tried cheap Everlast mitts, Ringside micro gel mitts, and some Title one's in my Muay Thai class and the UC's are the best hands down. I think some people are a little cautious in buying them due to the higher price tag. I know the price went up some but I bought them like a year or so ago and I think I paid like $85 for them and it was well worth the money.

You would LOVE the UC punch mitts....at least I'm like 99% sure. They look a little better in real life than in the catalog or on the net. The leather quality is great, the padding is great, and the feel of them on is just AWESOME with the grip ball made in them. I've tried cheap Everlast mitts, Ringside micro gel mitts, and some Title one's in my Muay Thai class and the UC's are the best hands down. I think some people are a little cautious in buying them due to the higher price tag. I know the price went up some but I bought them like a year or so ago and I think I paid like $85 for them and it was well worth the money.

Thanks again for the feedback. Tomorrow's my birthday. I'm gonna order myself a pair. I love holding pads for people and you can't beat a quality punch mitt. Enjoy your gym.

I have a pretty cool home setup myself. I live alone so my master bedroom is a 13' x 13' Zebra Tatami mat area. Grappling, Muay Thai, and Throwing Dummies. Gloves, Thai Pads, mitts, some weights and several gis.

In the garage, I have a Title Quad Bag Stand, with a couple Everlast bags (looking for another bag, probably gonna go with a custom built KO FightGear 64" bag), and a Ringside Double End Bag.

Next on the list are some Winning gloves and the UC punch mitts.

I'd post pics, but my garage is ugly and messy (actually, posted a thread once before when I put up the Heavy Bag Stand), and the mats are just mats with a bunch of equipment laying around on the side.

Anyway, thanks again for all of the updates in your thread. It was helpful info.

Back