Alternatives to bulletproof?

cardkid

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
Hi my daughter is of the age where I think she can start to learn bjj. She likes to play fight and has an interest but she does lack the confidence to take part in a class at the moment so I thought I'd just do some fun bjj related things at home with her until she's ready to go to a class. I've heard great things about the bulletproof program but wondered if there were any decent alternatives that people know of?

Put her in a class and tell her to suck it up, buttercup.

I believe you are referring to Gracie's "Bullyproof".

Sorry for not being clear. Yes I meant their Gracie games and jr conbatives program.
From what I've seen they have got the "Gracie games" which effectively teaches kids movement and position while playing short games. Then once they've "mastered" these games they do the jr combatives which is from what I understand a simplified version of combatives for children.
I've seen lots of people including instructors day they actually use it in their kids class which made me think it may be worth doing for her. But with that being said I'm all ears for any alternatives that people think are worthwhile.
It's mainly to wet her feet a bit and get her used to some basic movement, hopefully this will give her a bit more confidence and she'll be able to go to a class soon

Sorry for not being clear. Yes I meant their Gracie games and jr conbatives program.
From what I've seen they have got the "Gracie games" which effectively teaches kids movement and position while playing short games. Then once they've "mastered" these games they do the jr combatives which is from what I understand a simplified version of combatives for children.
I've seen lots of people including instructors day they actually use it in their kids class which made me think it may be worth doing for her. But with that being said I'm all ears for any alternatives that people think are worthwhile.
It's mainly to wet her feet a bit and get her used to some basic movement, hopefully this will give her a bit more confidence and she'll be able to go to a class soon

Yes my old instructor also used Bullyproof to help inform his kids classes. Honestly, I would imagine that BJJ material targeted towards kids is going to be pretty sparse. If the Bullyproof program is anything like their Gracie Combatives or Master Cycle programs, I'm sure it is excellent. The material might be expensive but the quality of the content is likely to be excellent.

Hi my daughter is of the age where I think she can start to learn bjj. She likes to play fight and has an interest but she does lack the confidence to take part in a class at the moment so I thought I'd just do some fun bjj related things at home with her until she's ready to go to a class. I've heard great things about the bulletproof program but wondered if there were any decent alternatives that people know of?

Gracie Curriculum and work load are made precisely for those new or on the “Softer” side of temperament, that’s why the Gracie’s are such good teachers.

I don’t promote Gracie Academy generally, but they are solid when it comes to curriculum and teaching style. Combatives, Bullyproof etc... are quality and good for little ones.

How do you know she lacks the confidence if she has yet to attend a class? From what I've seen, all kids classes are geared towards fun, confidence/team building. Its not like she is going to be doing an hour of arm bar drills followed by thirty minutes of competition prep.

How do you know she lacks the confidence if she has yet to attend a class? From what I've seen, all kids classes are geared towards fun, confidence/team building. Its not like she is going to be doing an hour of arm bar drills followed by thirty minutes of competition prep.

TrumpetDan used to have a video of his kids comp class (he had a regular fun and games class) which consisted of him supervising two like 7 year old kids doing Miyao like berimbolo drilling session with one of the kids super smug and the other one an emotion less killer face.

I was literally sitting here wondering...

"Why does he want his daughter to drink buttered coffee?"

I suppose the alternative is drinking tea.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eltonmjr
Back