Am I Alone?.... Usman would have won a five rounder.

You’re alone. He needs AKA if he’s not beefing with khabib

You never know with the judges
He would at least lose the fight 29-28 on 1 score card.

We will never know and I don't think it matters. A 3 round fight is what he agreed to.

anything possible. i dont think khamzat was much more tired than him though. despite khamzat being 'tired' he got usman down every round.

I think Khamzat would have paced better for a 5 rounder, he needs to get back to Sweden and train again. Be sad to see him decline because he's around yes men.

Usman believes he would have. He is not used to the pacing of 3 rounds as he has only fought 5 rounds for many years.

Usman would have probably got knocked out before round 5
Based on what exactly? Did you see the same round 2 and 3 as I did? Usman pretty clearly was the much fresher fighter at the end of the fight. All Khamzat could manage to do was lay on top of Usman to steal the round. He had nothing left

Idk. You guys don't remember when Usman took Masvidal on short notice and looked like shit because he didn't prepare? Then he did and KO'd Masvidal? It sort of feels like the same thing but Khamzat just didn't have a good gameplan to get the finish like he wanted.

It is tempting to say that Khamzat trained for three rounds, would pace himself differently, etc...but what does that actually look like in a 5rd fight with someone like Usman (who we know can go that distance)?

Does that mean less grappling and therefore more time standing...because Usman was clearly getting the better of the standup.

Does it just mean still focusing on grappling, but being less aggressive with it in order to conserve energy...ok, but does that give Usman a better chance to counter it or to get up when taken down?

It's fine to say someone would pace differently in a longer fight, but there are consequences to being less aggressive, conserving energy, etc. if your opponent is thought to have a better gas tank and may not need to do the same.

I agree, Id favor him if it went more rounds. Usman would have won, oh well.

Chimaev can look like a monster for the first 5 minutes, but falls apart after that.

This old Usman I honestly don't know. He's been looking his age badly the last couple fights.

The younger Usman would have grinded Khamzat to dust over 5 rounds.

Khamzat completely loses his danger factor after round 1.

Khamzat breaking his hand/wrist gives the illusion of this. I don't think Usman has any chance against Khamzat regardless of rounds or time limits. If Chimaev wouldn't break his hand, he would likely finish Usman in the 2nd.

Back