Am I Alone?.... Usman would have won a five rounder.

if we're going off of damage, usman landed all the better strikes in round 2 and 3. the only thing kamzhat did offensively was hug usmans back with his legs, and then a takedown in the third, in which he couldnt even pass half guard. if the UFC is judging off of damage, usman landed the way better shots. usman won rounds 2 and 3. kamzhats aura is completely gone. a real MW with a real fight camp smokes him after the 1st. kamzhats got one round in him, and then he turns mediocrezhat

Usman had Khamzat in the third round but couldn’t step on the gas. Coming in on a short notice did him in.

Idk. You guys don't remember when Usman took Masvidal on short notice and looked like shit because he didn't prepare? Then he did and KO'd Masvidal? It sort of feels like the same thing but Khamzat just didn't have a good gameplan to get the finish like he wanted.
So you're saying if Usman had more time to prepare he'd KO Khamfat like he did Masvidal?

I agree.

He'll finish Leon and Colby quick...no way Leon or Colby can stop the takedowns

I don't know if I agree, but it's strange to me that for someone who by all accounts lives in the gym, always seems to have cardio issues, even if we don't see him completely gas out. I definitely think his aggression and desire to just wreck guys right off rip is really hurting him at this level.

Still, can't talk too much shit, the guy beat Usman who I still consider to be a phenomenal win.

It is tempting to say that Khamzat trained for three rounds, would pace himself differently, etc...but what does that actually look like in a 5rd fight with someone like Usman (who we know can go that distance)?

Does that mean less grappling and therefore more time standing...because Usman was clearly getting the better of the standup.

Does it just mean still focusing on grappling, but being less aggressive with it in order to conserve energy...ok, but does that give Usman a better chance to counter it or to get up when taken down?

It's fine to say someone would pace differently in a longer fight, but there are consequences to being less aggressive, conserving energy, etc. if your opponent is thought to have a better gas tank and may not need to do the same.
Couldn't agree more! This is what I'm wondering. Khamzat will not be able to "Bully" for five rounds.

Khamzat is a beast...no doubt. Most people can't manhandle Usman like he did in round one. Maybe he paced himself for a three rounder? Khamzat needs a strategy coach asap. Tri Star?

It is hard to say when you trained for 3 rounds and your strategy was for 3 rounds. Just imagining it got extended 2 rounds when neither fighter was planning for it doesn't really tell you much IMO.

Based on what exactly? Did you see the same round 2 and 3 as I did? Usman pretty clearly was the much fresher fighter at the end of the fight. All Khamzat could manage to do was lay on top of Usman to steal the round. He had nothing left

Usman was having some success landing punches. He was digging deep like last attempts before certain desth. In reality he's few levels under Chimaev.

Nah he had very minor success in the third on the feet and that's it. Khamzat could take him down at will. He would have just got him down in the fourth and fifth rounds too. He was just being more selective with his attempts. Usman had nothing for him wrestling wise.

Last edited:
highly doubt it
usman couldn't shake him off in the first round

on the feet it's a different story

Nah he had very minor success in the third on the feet and that's it. Khamzat could take him down at will. He would have just got him down in the fourth and fifth rounds too. He was just being more selective with his attempts. Usman had nothing for him wrestling wise.
Hazmat was 4/12 on TD's which means he got stuffed 8 times. Its just all he wanted to do because thats what Mr. Pretty Lips does. Try to smother. Because the last time he wanted to play big boy and bang, he almost fucked around and found out... by a lightweight.

anything possible. i dont think khamzat was much more tired than him though. despite khamzat being 'tired' he got usman down every round.

If Khamzat shows any sweat or visible breathing it's a sign of gassing obviously. Lol

I thought he won this fight. 2 - 1

Full camp Usman would probably win a 5 rounder vs Khamzat.

Presumably Chimaev would have fought/trained different if it was 5 rounds. But stamina doesn't seem to be his strong suit, it's like he's got those explosive athletic Mike Perry genes.

Back