Am I being too negative or did Dustin look like s***?

I think he looked good. He's getting old. lol. But he was looking pretty young in there and he was fighting a BEAST.

only thing I didnt like is him draped over the fence glazing the Trump family like they wouldnt use his children's skin as leather bags
And the TDS claims another.

BSD is really good and goes 100% until he can't anymore. Dustin showed some not great fight IQ at times but landed shots when it mattered and showed he can still hang with young strong hungry fighters

He definitely was bullied early on and looked pretty desperate spamming the sub attempts. But BSD was really careless once he felt the pressure was breaking him and left Poirier openings to capitalize on, and he did.

I swear no matter how good a fight and or finish there’s always a hater

Reactions: HHJ
He just needed to keep striking.

8iop4w.jpg

This is fucking hilarious, lol.

He's aging, and fought a big young guy, who was the better grappler and who threw the kitchen sink at him in round 1.

Imagine getting your ass thoroughly handed to you in front of a million people live,

And later you hop on Sherdog and the first thread you see is someone calling the guy that beat your ass "shit"

Bruh lmao

That's generally how he looks vs aggressive grappling - he always been prone to being pressured against the cage where he tends to give his back to get up which leads to him fighting back takes and rear naked setups. See khabib fight (also where he repeatedly chases the guillotine), oliveira fight, chandler fight to a lesser extent, and even the Dan hooker fight(plus kept chasing the guillotine iirc).

This was what I and anyone who looked at the matchup expected - Dustin defends against the cage and eventually exploits bsd being so hittable on the feet, or bsd is able to wear him down against the cage and hunt for the rnc

BSD is a massive 155'er and his thai clinch is abnormally good for MMA. Makes sense with Frances depth of muay thai.

Porier's sub defense was on point and was getting back up on his feet against a legit grappler. He also knocked the dude out round 2 so....

As a BSD fan, I'm oddly not that upset over this. As long as his chin isn't cracked food good, that was a good learning experience for him. He just turned 28 years old and is still so young in this sport that he's probably still making noob gains. I'm really interested in seeing him in a couple years when he's peaked. Hopefully he's got the right people around him to tell him to rest and then to make the adjustments needed.

He kinda looked like he had lost a step just a bit but Benoit is just pure pressure

It's hard to look good when you get bum-rushed like that by your opponent. You just have to concede the early part of the fight because the other guy is clearly not concerned with going the distance.

Dustin also got knocked out in his last fight so he was probably a bit more wary about getting caught by some wild shit than usual.

BSD is an animal. If he would've fought at 90% pressure of what he did, he wouldn't have been knocked out like that and Dustin would've been on his back foot the entire time.
Meh, they still had almost 4 rds left, it was only a matter of time imo.

Back