am i the a**hole

If I want or need something, at any time of the year, I just buy it. Makes it difficult for people to buy stuff for me on birthdays or Christmas. Not a big deal really.

i dont know. i dont really communicate with her. i use numbers to make money. proper sentence structure is irrelevant to my life.

Well, I'd certainly be irritated by the disparity. But lashing out the way you did, in the setting you did- that's weaksauce. Let me offer you a few solutions for next Christmas.

1) Take control of your Christmases from now on. Have them at your house. I remember when I told my Dad I was going to do that moving forward, the bitching and moaning from him was truly surprising. But when I reminded him that my brother and I did not spend a single Christmas at our Grandparents house growing up, and inquired if his Dad menstruated in a similar manner when he was informed, he shut right up. Boomers occasionally need to be put in their place.

2) Between this Christmas and next, don't whine about the disparity, just make fun of them for it. Taunt and mock them all you want---in private. Make a game out of it. Ask them if they got her a house in Ireland for St Patrick's Day- shit like that. Don't bitch about what you get, just make a joke out of them for what they are doing.

Let your parents know they are welcome at your house next Christmas--for the meal. Exclude them from the rest of it and don't tell them why. Let them figure it out. It seems like your life would be better with some distance from them.

Luckily, in my family, my mum gets everyone terrible gifts.

A memorable favourite was a glove for removing dried skin off your feet and a tub of moisturiser.

She has for instance given me at least 10 scarves, possibly my fault as she has never once seen me in a scarf.

Love her lots but damn she is bad at presents

Simple, stop going over there for Christmas or at any point during Christmas. You don't seem to be happy going over there. You're an adult, you don't have to go.

Can you even get an Arby’s combo for $10? I wouldn’t know as I don’t eat from that shit hole but bring some change for the tax imo.

Oh nm I finally got to the end of your wall of text and see you made the same observation, TS.

Lol they could have at least upped it to $25.

Last edited:
you are adopted.
Sorry to tell you.
But its clearly your parents love their real child a lot more than you.

Marry Christimas.

you are adopted.
Sorry to tell you.
But its clearly your parents love their real child a lot more than you.

Marry Christimas.
Or maybe the sister is adopted. Makes sense to prefer the kid you actually chose as opposed to the accident.

I've never been a huge fan of Christmas, since I was a child (and I'm going to sound super ungrateful) my parents would buy me anything, but what I asked for, meanwhile my cousins would celebrate getting everything they asked for, I would feel like my parents never really cared to listen to me.

As an adult now most of my family has split so much to the point I only celebrate with my mom and honestly I like it a lot better, I never liked the pressure of having to buy a bunch of presents specially for family members I didn't care for so much, families sometimes it's a big trap where you put up with so much bs just because you are family and in reality you don't even care for them. Less is more.

I don't really pay attention or care about gifts either but this disparity in gifts is pretty wild here. I would have said something but in a more sarcastic manner? Like "Damn dad where's my Eurotrip?".

I don't really pay attention or care about gifts either but this disparity in gifts is pretty wild here. I would have said something but in a more sarcastic manner? Like "Damn dad where's my Eurotrip?".
"Here ya go son!"

Screenshot_20231226_161746_Google.jpg

Gotta be some missing parts to this story.

Like, maybe TS' parents caught him "acting inappropriately" with the beloved family dog
during the family Christmas party 15 years ago. Or something similarly sinister.

Nothing else could even remotely explain why his delinquent sister was gifted a priceless
.380,...nothing!

A .380!

probably, the European vacation was scouting out places she could go on the run to
this is all falling together

they are saving money by skimping on TS's gifts so they can bail her out and work get her set up while she is on the run

Back