Am I the only one that thinks Cruz vs Shaw wouldn't be that close?

WHEN'S ASSUNCAO GETTING HIS SHOT????????? Seems like a no brainer to me.

You could use some mma math. Dodson ko'd tj. dj beat dodson twice. Cruz beat dj rather easily, from what I remember...

I just don't think the fight would be as close as a lot of people say it would be.

TJ's striking looks way faster than Dom's, a lot slicker and and uses more combo's while Dom hits you once and backs out

I think TJ's wrestling is a lot better, but most importantly when it comes to foot work, Dom's looks a bit slower/unathletic with his footwork to me for some odd reason..it looks like he's forcing it, TJ's looks a lot faster, natural, and fluid...the way he gets guys to react is crazy...Cruz on the other hand looks more like he's bouncing in and out to land 1 shot at a time.

Personally this is just my opinion, I honestly don't know how this fight is going to go but I think TJ is the more fluid fighter out of the two.

Anyone have anything to add

5.gif

SatisfiedBreakableGemsbuck.gif

Real selective with your GIF picking I see. Cruz dominates TJ via better striking and better wrestling.

Yeah Cruz looked impressive in his last fight, but it was against Takeya fucking Mizugaki which was a gimme fight at that, meanwhile TJ tooled and outclassed and TKO'd the man (briefly) talked about as the p4p king, twice.

I'm willing to put an account bet on this actually when it gets closer to fight time, I've got TJ. Nothing against Cruz, he's just been out of the game for too long, is past his prime, has questionable recovery from injuries as far as being able to train properly to even face the current champ and hasn't ever faced anyone as dangerous or with as good of striking as Dillashaw.

Tj's footwork worked great against Barao, cause he moves in straight lines. He switches to find a dominant foot position from his southpaw stance (Overeem used to do something similar), wich also takes away Barao counters. Tj is not as strong as people thinks (he's not a one punch ko artist), he's a hiiiigh volume fighter.

Dominick's footwork has a deffensive approach. More like Floyd (very funny to me, I remember back in 2011/2012 and everybody was hatin on Cruz for being a smart deffensive fighter)
He's throwing jabs and kicks from the outside, if you start to push him, he starts to wrestle.

I think Tj is underlooking the fact that Dom is not "throwing one punch and running" instead, he might be the very best counter fighter on the 135 division.
The fight with MM is an example. Dom got him hurt with uppercuts and knees (even he had his right hand broken since round one) while MM was trying to close the distance.
I'm very excited with this fight, I looove both fighters, TJ might be the best striker BUT... I think he's underestimating the Domin8r. They say he's weak, ring rust, his knees, and this and that. But Dominick has not only an undefeated record at 135. He's an intelligent mofo.

Cruz lost to Faber im their first fight i believe, but i agree with mostly everything u said.

I think TJ is the more excting fighter. I like both, but If I choice a champion to dominate the division it would be TJ.

I think TJ has better boxing combos and Dominick have better kicks combos.

TJ has more power.

Dominick has probably the better wrestling but it's close. I don't think Dominick can take TJ to the ground.

TJ is more hittable than Dominick, but Dominick looked very hittable against Faber so this fight can't be dominated by none of them, it's going to very competitve unless someone lands a power shot.

I would favor TJ in this one. He has been looking to good and Dominick has been out of the game.

You are not the only one

Many people think Cruz murders TJ inside a minute

That's ridiculous, no one thinks Crus wins in a minute, not even Cruz believes that. I think it will be a good close matchup but many fans are forgetting the second Faber fight. Although Cruz won he got caught and was out of position and off balance multiple times. I still don't think TJ gets the credit he deserves, both annihilations of Baraon are 2nof the most impressive performances in a title fight I've ever seen. Now ask yourself, would Cruz have made Barao look that mediocre? I'm not too sure.

One of the most interesting fights as a fan thigh for sure. Pulling for Cruz to make the perfect comeback but expecting TJ to take it.

I can't wait for this fight, it's truly a fight that I can't see going anyones way..it could go to either. I don't sense a finish though, it'll be a Decision for someone

I pretty much agree with this, and that only means one thing if it goes to decision Dillashaw wins as its a title fight a la Jones Gus.

I fucking hate TJ, I hope Cruz KTFO in 1st round but he wont. I actually fear Dillashaw coasts it.

Yeah Cruz looked impressive in his last fight, but it was against Takeya fucking Mizugaki which was a gimme fight at that, meanwhile TJ tooled and outclassed and TKO'd the man (briefly) talked about as the p4p king, twice.

I'm willing to put an account bet on this actually when it gets closer to fight time, I've got TJ. Nothing against Cruz, he's just been out of the game for too long, is past his prime, has questionable recovery from injuries as far as being able to train properly to even face the current champ and hasn't ever faced anyone as dangerous or with as good of striking as Dillashaw.
Mizugaki was ranked #5 and on a 5-fight winning streak. He wasn't the hardest challenge for Cruz at 135, but he was by NO means, a "gimme fight."

For people posting gifs of Cruz in the wec...just think for a second about how long ago that was....

For me, the jury still isn't out on TJ.
He's excellent, for sure, but Cruz's long term record shows a fighter who is more of a proven quantity.

That's ridiculous, no one thinks Crus wins in a minute, not even Cruz believes that. I think it will be a good close matchup but many fans are forgetting the second Faber fight. Although Cruz won he got caught and was out of position and off balance multiple times. I still don't think TJ gets the credit he deserves, both annihilations of Baraon are 2nof the most impressive performances in a title fight I've ever seen. Now ask yourself, would Cruz have made Barao look that mediocre? I'm not too sure.

One of the most interesting fights as a fan thigh for sure. Pulling for Cruz to make the perfect comeback but expecting TJ to take it.
I agree with your points. One thing I will add, though, is that Cruz doesn't have the aesthetics of a dominating fighter, yet he takes all the rounds to the bank. He may not have destroyed all of his opponents like Miz, but he just... wins. I don't think he'll starch Silly Dilly at any point, but I think he takes the decision.

Would you prefer something more recent? :D

mizugaki%2Btakedown.gif

WickedZigzagGull.gif

Yup. Ok so 1 fight against mizugaki. What else you got? If you're going to post faber gifs in the interest of fairness make sure you also post the gifs of him getting knocked Down :)

Just out of curiosity as I can't remember how long ago was Cruz vs mizugaki??

Edit: THAT FIGHT WAS ALMOST A FULL YEAR AGO ;)

Back