Am I the only one who thought Wiedman got lucky against Munoz?!

masterless

Sherdog Veteran
Reaction score
That elbow just happen to catch Munoz as he was coming in. It wasnt perfect timing and it wasnt like Munoz was getting his ass kicked up to then. So I still dont get the hype revolving around Wiedman. He's a good fighter and deserves a shot but he's just too green and Silva will pick him apart.

Oh well, should be fun seeing the hype train go down in flames. :icon_chee

That elbow just happen to catch Munoz as he was coming in. It wasnt perfect timing and it wasnt like Munoz was getting his ass kicked up to then. So I still dont get the hype revolving around Wiedman. He's a good fighter and deserves a shot but he's just too green and Silva will pick him apart.

Lol - what fight were you watching? Weidman was dominating Munoz.

Dude Weidman outstruck Munoz like 40-1 that fight.

What the hell is wrong with you?

To say he got lucky is just dumb but I will say I can't believe the hype for a guy because he demolished someone who may not even be top ten material.

Weidman dominated the whole fight, it wasn't even competitive and Munoz got saved by the bell at the end of the 1st...

Im an Anderson fan, but NO dude....your wrong!

Weidman is legit people!!!

Think it's just you, man. Weidman smoked Munoz, he handled hin.

Weidman was kicking Munoz's ass. Also it was perfectly timed. You didnt watch the fight.

Lol - what fight were you watching? Weidman was dominating Munoz.

Perhaps our defination of dominating is different...

Silva VS Forrest is a dominating performance.
Jones VS Shogun is a dominating performance.
Wiedman VS Munoz was not a dominating performance.

What a joke. I expect Silva to win but that elbow was brilliant and dude left Munoz leaking all over the mat.

If by lucky you mean that the elbow could not have been perfectly in the right place at the right time to lead up to the end of the fight, then I guess so.

But even without that elbow, Munoz was getting handled pretty decently.

Obviously domination is a stretch compared to fights like Silva/Griffin or Jones/Shogun, but Munoz was definitely a step removed from being competitive in that fight.

So no, it wasn't lucky.

I do not think Munoz landed any punch in that fight. He was utterly destroyed, hardly luck.
You should watch it.

Nope you could see in the replays that he threw an elbow at his head and thats where it landed. He also thanked the guy who trained him that elbow. So now we have him purposely throwing the elbow hitting it's mark and he's also trained it I'm guessing a lot. That's just a product of lots of training not luck.

Perhaps our defination of dominating is different...

Silva VS Forrest is a dominating performance.
Jones VS Shogun is a dominating performance.
Wiedman VS Munoz was not a dominating performance.

My definition of dominating is one fighter not getting a single piece of offense in throughout 6 1/2 minutes and ending up like below. Munoz literally had nothing the entire fight for Weidman.

Mark-Munoz-vs-Chris-Weidman-UFC-Fuel-4_7321.jpg

Munoz was being thoroughly out grappled and out struck....he literally landed one punch to Weidmans 28. How is that not totally dominating someone? Go back and watch the fight again TS.

Ok just re-watched some of the highlights from youtube and read a play-by-play because I may have missed something but it doesnt appear so. The first round was a wrestle fuck, the crowd even boos. Second round more of the first except Wiedman catches Munoz with the elbow, which stun him, goes for some great GNP, and wins.

Still dont see how he dominated Munoz and still think that elbow was a fluke.

hmmm, lucky.... lucky would be Silva against Sonnen. it's luck that he pulled out that submission with such little time left.

Back