Am I the only who thinks Romero getting the next title shot is absolutely absurd?

Who gives a shit. Theres literally no criteria on how to earn title shots . Adleast give us exciting fights.

If we are just looking at skills then Romero is a great contender. However, it is absolutely ridiculous that he is continously being gifted title shots when he always fails. He might beat Izzy and people will say Romero is the GOAT, but if you match up Andy Wang with GSP a million times, Wang will win at least once. Not saying Romero isn't legit, but i's like the UFC really wants him to be the champ no matter how many attempts it takes.

Like what the hell how is everyone just letting this breeze by? How many f'n chances does Yoel get? Loses to Whittaker the 1st time for the interim title, gets another interim title fight coming off a loss, misses weight and becomes a non title fight, gets to fight for real belt anyway, yet misses weight again and loses again to the guy who already beat him in his 1st title fight. That fight also becomes non title fight. Gets yet another title eliminator bout after a loss and loses again. Now in talks to fight for title next. .

Listen I like Yoel Romero and all, but he seems especially popular and gets a way with a lot for a guy who doesn't speak English, nothing against that it just usually goes against your popularity, bit he's also a known dirty fighter, misses weight, ext

He's exciting no doubt but the fact he's in talks for a title fight is absolutely absurd. He's no doubt a tough challenge for Izzy but not deserving of a title shot at the very moment, so why in the hell would you risk your potential superstar and next face of the company by putting him against a guy who style wise could be a nightmare but just plain ass isn't deserving of a title shot and shouldn't be for a second until he racks up at least 2 maybe 3 more wins.

Romero should fight someone like Uriah Hall next.

Jared Cannonier should probably get the shot if Costa can't fight.

I don't find it any more absurd than hendo fighting bisping, and just as likely to end in disaster for the champ if not moreso

5 round Romero is dangerous. Even against Costa you could clearly see he was picking up the pace in the 3rd. Plus its the only real challenge for Izzy atm

Like what the hell how is everyone just letting this breeze by? How many f'n chances does Yoel get? Loses to Whittaker the 1st time for the interim title, gets another interim title fight coming off a loss, misses weight and becomes a non title fight, gets to fight for real belt anyway, yet misses weight again and loses again to the guy who already beat him in his 1st title fight. That fight also becomes non title fight. Gets yet another title eliminator bout after a loss and loses again. Now in talks to fight for title next. .

Listen I like Yoel Romero and all, but he seems especially popular and gets a way with a lot for a guy who doesn't speak English, nothing against that it just usually goes against your popularity, bit he's also a known dirty fighter, misses weight, ext

He's exciting no doubt but the fact he's in talks for a title fight is absolutely absurd. He's no doubt a tough challenge for Izzy but not deserving of a title shot at the very moment, so why in the hell would you risk your potential superstar and next face of the company by putting him against a guy who style wise could be a nightmare but just plain ass isn't deserving of a title shot and shouldn't be for a second until he racks up at least 2 maybe 3 more wins.

Romero should fight someone like Uriah Hall next.

Jared Cannonier should probably get the shot if Costa can't fight.
I think just remember this, as consolation, romero won't be around much longer. Cannonier will. It's all bullshit I agree. Cannonier is THE contender. But there's nothing we can do. At least they gave him the SCARIEST guy at the division possible. So let's count our blessings this is a lot better than nate stepping up at 196, over the likes of prime cowboy, Khabib, Pettis, etc.it could be a whole lot worse.

YES YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE.

romero deserves everything in the world to be given to him. atleast it isnt like frankie getting unwarranted title shots for nothing.

Back