News Amanda Lemos vs Virna Jandiroba set for July 20th

Who wins?

• Total voters
Virna can win this. Her chin has checked out throughout her career and even if she's not as flashy as Dern when it comes to snatching up opportunistic submissions and whatnot, she's much better at actually getting the fight to the ground using her wrestling & Judo in the first place. She's also a solid positional grappler once it's there. On the feet her striking fundamentals are -- while not elite -- serviceable when compared to Dern's wild flailing. This all makes for a much better recipe for grinding out a victory against Lemos (and maybe finding a submission at some point) -- who has historically struggled whenever her opponent brought a credible grappling threat to the table.

Jandiroba has emerged as a real contender at 115. Her win over Godinez was very impressive. A win over Lemos might get her a title shot.

She's been quietly putting in some good work. I struggle to see the ufc pushing her into a title fight though. Maybe if she finishes lemos

Lemos's grappling has been exposed by Weili but she did get by Dern. That said, Virna is not as terrible at striking as Dern and probably better at takedowns.

She's been quietly putting in some good work. I struggle to see the ufc pushing her into a title fight though. Maybe if she finishes lemos
Yeah, she was 14-0 with 12 submissions by the time the UFC finally bothered to sign her.

Meanwhile they sign mediocre but conventionally attractive fighters who are like 4-1.

Yeah, she was 14-0 with 12 submissions by the time the UFC finally bothered to sign her.

Meanwhile they sign mediocre but conventionally attractive fighters who are like 4-1.

She's pretty old for the division, has a stifling grappling style, not from a country they want to break into, and isn't exactly a looker.

I just think the ufc will give her the long, hard path to a title shot, unfortunately.

Back