AMAZON PRIME & PBC agree to a deal

The problem seems to be exclusive deals between a promotion company and the TV provider - without cross promotion we don’t get the best fights. Hopefully Amazon recognizes this and treats PBC accordingly

I just want a deal announced soon. So many awesome PBC fighters haven't fought in quite some time. PBC is my favorite promotion, hoping whoever they land with broadcasts multiple cards a month.

Whoever has the deepest pockets I guess, thats a good thing because it wont be dazn but we’ll also miss out on pbc vs matchroom/gbp fights

My wild guess … PBC sings with both Netflix and Amazon … X amount of shows … + PPV’s on each side … but I have a feeling they are going to have multiple outlets in 2024

PBC signs with Netflix and brings back a Latino version of Rocky Marciano.

My wild guess … PBC sings with both Netflix and Amazon … X amount of shows … + PPV’s on each side … but I have a feeling they are going to have multiple outlets in 2024
Both? Highly u likely imo. No way these 2 giants share one single boxing promotion. World ranked boxers compete once or twice a year. No way they even agree to share the entirety of pro boxing either if such a deal was possible.

there’s a reason Warner Bros(HBO) and Showtime gave up on boxing. The 2 first companies in the thread title are much bigger. Look at Disney, another giant, didnt like having all their shows on Netflex and just decided to make their own streaming service and moved all of them there. Disney already owns ESPN too.

whoever wins this deal is seeking a monopoly at the very least (not little DAZN tho lol). This isn’t like in mma where the sanctioning body(belt maker per se) and the promotion are the same entity.

Whoever has the deepest pockets I guess, thats a good thing because it wont be dazn but we’ll also miss out on pbc vs matchroom/gbp fights
You’re only saying that cause we hate Eddie. It’s a not a good thing to get more companies involved. Especially ones with zero experience in our sport to build a boxing media brand from scratch.

In an ideal world we have one channel and one streaming service called Boxing and no Alphabet belts, no multiple promoters and agents. This is of course impossible, but the closer we are to it the better.

I read some boxing expert on twitter say that the Amazon deal was for PPV distribution only, and they wouldn’t be a regular streaming partner. So no monthly shows with PBC the way they do with OneFC.

I’d prefer DAZN myself because i thought their boxing programming was pretty good when I subscribed. They also did a decent job pushing the product, whereas Amazon seems indifferent to combat sports. It’s all just content to them.

Guess the plan to expand Netflix into games.. they were gonna beat Twitch did not work out so going with sports. DAZN called itself the Netflix of sports... Let us see where this goes.

Amazon would be a good fit. Their Prime Video service has already been used to livestream boxing matches. Naoya's fights have been broadcast on there and his brother Takuma has an upcoming fight that will be on the platform. I have $750 in Amazon gift cards that would come in handy for purchasing PPVs and/or covering subscription costs.

how on earth did you end up with that amount of amazon vouchers, i think this is more interesting than the actual main thread

The only rumors I've seen were started by Rick Glaser. Dude is a clown and Top Rank nut hugger. Hoping Al pulls off something massive here.

I read some boxing expert on twitter say that the Amazon deal was for PPV distribution only, and they wouldn’t be a regular streaming partner. So no monthly shows with PBC the way they do with OneFC.

I’d prefer DAZN myself because i thought their boxing programming was pretty good when I subscribed. They also did a decent job pushing the product, whereas Amazon seems indifferent to combat sports. It’s all just content to them.
DAZN is not what Haymon wants he wants to isolate his fighters from any possible attachment to other promotions they are already on .

I don’t even think Netflix is real bc they have no basis or numbers of what percentage are boxing fans . Seems to be Netflix is mainly a family oriented majority based on the content they have ,I see personally watered down content usually foreign comedy good for kids but dumbed down for adults .

Amazon seems to be the only realistic one bc they have sports like NFL etc already , Netflix would be a gamble I see it as a big flop if they rolled the dice .

DAZN is not what Haymon wants he wants to isolate his fighters from any possible attachment to other promotions they are already on .

I don’t even think Netflix is real bc they have no basis or numbers of what percentage are boxing fans . Seems to be Netflix is mainly a family oriented majority based on the content they have ,I see personally watered down content usually foreign comedy good for kids but dumbed down for adults .

Amazon seems to be the only realistic one bc they have sports like NFL etc already , Netflix would be a gamble I see it as a big flop if they rolled the dice .
True, im surprised no one has mentioned youtube, they already nfl sunday ticket and of course, deep pockets

how on earth did you end up with that amount of amazon vouchers, i think this is more interesting than the actual main thread
I've accumulated them over the years with family members gifting me them on the holidays, buying some of them myself, and occasionally buying friends' cards for cash. They don't expire as long as they were purchased after 2005. I used to have over $1,000 but I've spent some since. Mostly on electronics.

Rick Glaser said today that the Netflix story was bs floated by Al Haymon to improve the Amazon offer. Rick Glaser might be full of shit, so who knows. Amazon would be great as long as it’s for more than just ppv distribution. You can’t grow or develop fighters strictly through ppv.

Back