An idiot's post Thanksgiving weight cut

HockeyBjj

Putting on the foil
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
So I'm an idiot in multiple ways. First was signing up for a Bjj competition on Saturday, Dec 1st knowing I would be going home for 4 days over thanksgiving. Second way was completely caving and binging on not only the glorious meals, but the desserts and holiday treats sitting out everywhere. I normally wake up weighing 152ish pounds. This morning I was 160.2, and that was with not drinking near as much water as I normally do. I have 6 days to get myself down to 149 by Saturday

Sunday
Breakfast
3 eggs
1 slice ezikiel bread
1 glass skim milk

lunch
nothing, never felt hungry since I was still full from my massive 4 day binge and didn't feel like buying food at the airport

dinner
can of tuna
glass of warm milk before bed

Got home late after flight being delayed. Still not hungry likely due to 3 slices pumpkin pie yesterday. Very curious to see where my weight is tomorrow. Next week is going to consist of grilled chicken breasts, lots of veggies, and two fruits and two glasses of skim milk a day pretty much. Hoping that's enough to drop all this bloat to get me to 149 if I limit my water intake Friday. Weigh ins are only about 3 hours before I go so I don't want to do anything drastic

Monday Morning weight: 157.4

Breakfast
3 eggs
2T ground flax
glass of skim milk

Lunch
salad with lots of chopped hardboiled eggs added
fat-free italian dressing (no low fat available)
few croutons and sunflower seeds for flavor
some tomoatoes and other veggies added as well

Afternoon snack
Large apple

1 hour Bjj technique training
half hour Bjj sparring

Dinner
7oz grilled chicken breast w/ little olive oil
2 servings frozen broccoli
glass of milk
*note: This here is what the rest of my lunches and dinners will pretty much look like

Water: I've had 7 nalgenes (32 oz each) worth of water and two cups of coffee with a little splenda cuz its freaking folgers... I need my fresh from columbia stuff back

Glad to see my weight drop already. Hoping to see it go down more as I start to cut out the sodium tomorrow and my carb reserves go down as well. I told myself that if I reach 155 by Wednesday morning I should be good. Hoping that finally being fully hydrated again doesn't cause my weight to actually go up.

Tuesday
Morning weight 156

Breakfast
3 eggs
2T flax seeds
Glass of skim milk

Lunch
7 oz grilled chicken breast
1.5 cups steamed broccoli
1 cup grapes

Afternoon snack
1 apple

45 minutes weight lifting- went a little easy here as the last thing I need is doms

1 scoop whey in water

1 hour Bjj training
1/2 hour Bjj sparring

Dinner
7.5 ounces chicken tenderloins grilled
1.5 cups brussel sprouts
Glass of skim milk

Water- I think 6 nalgenes plus 2 cups coffee, 2 cups milk, and protein shake

156 this morning so I think I'm on track for 149 by Saturday if I don't drink much Friday

Wednesday
Morning weight- 154.2
(I should be good to make 149 by Sat if I just don't drink too much water Friday, and only drink what I need tomorrow, right? Could use some other's feedback here. I'd love to be able to eat a pasta like dinner Friday and then oatmeal or something in the morning)

Breakfast
1/4 cup flax
2T natural peanut butter
little cocoa powder
glass of skim milk

lunch
7 oz grilled chicken
1.5 cups brussel sprouts
1 cup grapes

afternoon snack
1 apple

dinner
6 oz grilled chicken
1.5 cups borccoli/carrots
glass of skim milk

water- 8 nalgenes, 2 coffees (little splenda) 2 glasses milk, tea before bed

Had to meet with the landlord about some lease stuff so didn't make it to Bjj tonight

also.... I'm kinda constipated. Didn't think that would happen with all the veggies and the flax. Gonna take some of those ex lax chews tomorrow night if I still haven't gone. That should get me to go Friday afternoon so I'm not carrying extra Saturday I guess. Never thought this would be a problem

Again, any feedback much appreciated.

Last edited:
Thursday
Morning weight 152.6

Breakfast
3 eggs
2T flax
skim milk

Back