Anchor BJJ

witchbrow

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I have been looking for a bjj school near me and found one run by Michael Deluca. The school is called Anchor Brazilian JiuJitsu and is located in Middleboro, Massachusetts. It doesn't have a website, but it does has a Facebook page. Anyone know anything about the school? If the place is legit I would consider going there because it's only walking distance for me. Thanks for the help.

I am reasonably familiar with a number of different schools in the area and I can't say I've ever heard of that gym either from word of mouth or by looking at competition brackets, which IMO is what you really want to be looking at it (e.x. NAGA, IBJJF Boston events). This is just me, but if the school does not produce people who medal at local tournaments, I'm not really interested. I did find someone from Michael DeLuca BJJ who placed 2nd in a white belt division at the Boston Spring Open last year, but that was in a 2-man division, so basically, that person showed up, lost a match but placed 2nd in their bracket.

With that being said, the best test is simply to go and try it out. If you have some experience, you can probably tell whether or not it's for you. If you don't and are looking to start, I would say that if most of the guys are tired and sweaty by the end of the class, that's probably a good sign.

I'm assuming you are located in the south shore area? As alternatives, you may wish to check out Nexus Martial Arts / SBG East Coast in Wareham or New England United BJJ in Fall River.

Mike DeLuca is legit, Anchor is his nickname and hes a BB under Dedeco. Great guy with a solid group of students, the class size is on the smaller side, but you definitely get some quality training in.

Back